It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what's inside your Coca Cola?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ericds

The reason you haven't been "sick" is because of the reason you have just stated. Sugar suppresses the immune system along with other things. When the immune system is suppressed or not working, there is no immune response. You might think you're not sick, but you're body just has not been able to fight back the entire time against any kind of harmful invader. Having no symptoms is not always good. You want your immune system to respond, and drinking crap like Cola will not help.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by primus81

When you consume crap, put yourself through stress, don't give your body what it needs and don't listen to it when it's telling you something, yes, you could come to the conclusion that everything gives you cancer. Cancer is easily avoidable, because (fortunately) we have a choice of what we consume and how we want to live our lives. Yes, the quality of many healthy foods have even gone down due to pesticides and such factors, but you still have a choice, even if you look at it as the lesser of two evils. I personally look to the future and invest my health in it. That's one plan I have of enjoying my life. I think it's really ignorant to say "everything causes cancer", while you have a clear choice on how to live your life. You have the power to make your life what you want it to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For the people claiming coke kills immune responses please explain how I haven't been to a Dr in around 20 years yet probably drink at least two litres of coke a day I actually can't recall the last time I was sick.

I've been food poisoned a few times and maybe the odd mild cold but not very often at all. I'm not in anyway claiming coke is healthy but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some people pretend either.

Worst thing I can actually say against coke is it's addictive and I'm probably a serious caffeine addict.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Did you not read my post, or do you just not understand? I don't mean that offensively either. When the immune system responds, you feel symptoms. When there is no immune response, you won't feel any difference. Harmful invaders in the body can stay there and do damage for years if your immune system is suppressed enough. When you feel sick, it is the immune system responding. It is a good sign, especially long term, to get such responses. That tells you that your immune system is still working. That doesn't necessarily mean that a person who is constantly responding is healthy. If the immune system is working properly, illnesses should not last very long.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
reply to post by Teknikal

Did you not read my post, or do you just not understand? I don't mean that offensively either. When the immune system responds, you feel symptoms. When there is no immune response, you won't feel any difference. Harmful invaders in the body can stay there and do damage for years if your immune system is suppressed enough. When you feel sick, it is the immune system responding. It is a good sign, especially long term, to get such responses. That tells you that your immune system is still working. That doesn't necessarily mean that a person who is constantly responding is healthy. If the immune system is working properly, illnesses should not last very long.

You are suggesting Coke Drinkers don't feel feel symptoms but are still Ill I can honestly say that really is ridiculous all I know is that coke made people Ill I'd be one of the sickest people on earth and I'm the opposite I have probably the strongest immune system of anyone I know and I probably drink more coke than anyone I know.

I'm not suggesting coke made my immune system strong though chances are it was me basicly running wild as a child in the streets playing and getting up to no good.

While coke is definitely not a great thing health wise for people it's also far from the worst thing. I'm sure like all company's they pull some not very moral decisions in business and are no angels but I'm living proof coke the drink isn't all that bad it's basicly the only thing I ever drink.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I stopped drinking soda for the most part when I started working out and losing weight.

I drink soda at most 1 or 2 times a month in the winter, double that in the summer. There was a time when I stopped drinking it all together for about three months and then went back to it, and I could feel it burning as it went down my throat, which is why I dink at least 1 to two glasses a month, just so it is not a shock to my system when I do want to drink it. I used to have bad acid reflux and it had gone away and had been loosing weight until I started with the fruit juices, got to stop those now too.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
An excellent article on what 1 billion people are pouring down their throats every day....my concern is how many are children who will become addicted and will probably drink it all through their life, doing untold damage to their bodies...any views on this?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by zedd1]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
very good post OP.

I used to regularly drink soft drinsk like Coca Cola, IRN BRU and similar products everyday. Coca Cola was particularly worse than its "rivals" in a sense that everytime i drank about 2 litres of it within a day i would get an extremely sore throat the next morning.

Recently i have been drinking Orange Squash and Milk, i tried some IRN BRU the other day and it felt like a can of fizzy sugar. It was awful.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In the mid 60s, several young people in India used to drink coca cola as a sure fire remedy for headaches. I have always wondered if that was because Coca
cola in India at that time contained Cocaine. I assume that in the 21st century, it is no longer coc aine cola. Now it is as this thread amply demonstrates, toxic cola with toxic water in India and many third world countries and high fructose corn syrup and aspartame in more developed countries.The other think I find very interesting is that smoking is condemned but diet coke in an Aluminum can is considered to be perfectly acceptable to our FDA

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Did you know that one of the reasons why people take milk baths is because lactic acid in it dissolves proteins that bind together the dead skin cells?

[edit on 28/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seekersc

You would be surprised what the FDA allows.
Be careful when buying prepackaged food, the ingredients label tells almost the whole story, aside from the chemicals listed, there is a certain percentage of rodent waste and insect carcasses/eggs allowed by the FDA to get into the pre packaged food as well. It is considered a minute amount and does not need to be on the ingredients list, because they feel it is almost impossible to keep a place totally insect and rodent free.

Just buy a package of flour and let sit for a couple of weeks and you will see what I mean. Those weevils you see in the flour did not get in the flour after you bought it; they were eggs in the flour all along, and who doesn’t like weevils in their cookies, now that is good eating.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
hey budy,there are always people like you who have somekinda unique immune systems that they can drink all the coca cola they want,smoke ciggaretes,brush theyr teeth with fluoride and still be healthyer them me.
well most of the world (90%) get damaged from those stuff,its cool that you have a cool immune system but we dont. and my body tells me that fizzy drinks are bad for me,when i drink them i feel tired and just terrible.
when i brush my teeth with fluoride paste my teeth start to hurt
and when i drink cola....its just horrible

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
so what i want to say politely is if it dosnt affect you great,your a phenomenon be proud.
but dont go telling people to drink cola just couse it dosnt affect you it DOES affect everyone else. how come when you put a tooth in a glass of coke it desolves ah?
now tell me again your healthy

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Great link! Good thing I only drink about 1 or 2 sodas per year, when a situation arises that I don't have any other options. Water is my drink of choice, with maybe a gallon of milk per month.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

You know, I believe we are the only species on earth to drink milk past the point of childhood, and another animal’s milk on top of that.

That being said, I probably drink way more milk than can be healthy for me, but then again I do like my milk. I am 36 and drink maybe 1 gallon a week by myself, not to mention the ice cream I eat as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
well most of the world (90%) get damaged from those stuff,its cool that you have a cool immune system but we dont.

More like 10%. Never heard of anyone who's got sick from any of that stuff.

Originally posted by Stillalive
how come when you put a tooth in a glass of coke it desolves ah?

Do you think people bathe their teeth in coke? Juices will dissolve them as well. It won't really dissolve the tooth but it will just weaken the enamel.

[edit on 28/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A great article on what 1 billion people per day are pouring down their throats...my concern is how many are children and will they become addicted and continue to drink it throughout their doing untold damage to their bodies.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't drink sugar-based drinks at all because of high calorie concern, and also because I don't quite like the taste. My wife and I seem to enjoy the crispy taste of Seltzer, which quenches thirst better, especially with lime.

It does feel a little stupid to consume the gargantuan quantities of sugar for no good reason. I do drink diet sodas once in a long while, and I find the taste more pleasant (lighter).

I'll take a beer over coke any time of day (after work, hehe)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Is this just for coke products,or all sodas'?
My husband drinks a lot of soda pop,about
3 cans per week day,more on the weekends.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You're going to find the same thing with all sodas most likely.

About a few months ago I stopped drinking soda completely for about 2 weeks. Felt pretty damn good but I drank one soda and it started all over again. Here I am trying it again but I'm determined not to start drinking them again. A couple days ago I had a pretty bad headache from getting off the caffeine but now I'm starting to feel better again. I'm also giving up eating in between meals and after like 7 PM.

You just get to a point where soda doesn't feel refreshing anymore, and just feels like you're downing syrup. Not to mention my throat always felt kindof sore while drinking soda and that annoyed me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join