It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what's inside your Coca Cola?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Concentrated Cola (syrup) is delivered in cardboard boxes, with a thin plastic bag inside contianing the syrup. I have eaten the syrup by itself, it is rich, and quite tasty, and did nothing to my tongue or mouth.

As a matter of fact, I have cooked with it, I used to make 'cola cakes' with the straight syrup I would bring from the store I was managing.

I have gone several days now without a coke, this thread is killing me, I want one but because of diabetes, not poisin coke, I cannot have one.

The article made it pretty clear the water added is the problem, not the syrup.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I dont drink much coke but i do use it to marinate my steak overnight, it makes it so tender, yum !!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Let's get it straight, it was originally not much but sugar, coal tar, and coc aine.

Sweet, addictive coal residue.

(and the only changes since THEN have been the replacement of sugar with high fructose corn syrup, and coc aine with caffeine)

[edit on 25-7-2010 by illusionincarnate]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
lol funny myth page here ,www.all-lies.com...

and more coke myths busted here..search.atomz.com... =-1&sp-x=any&sp-c=100&sp-m=1&sp-s=0...
I am not a fanboy of the stuff, but really so much of the stuff posted here as fact in this thread is so easily disprooved with just 20 mins on the net ,its just silly,what has happened to independant "research" on ats?So many seem so reliant on just believing what they are told ,if it suits them .....remember ATS is about DENYING IGNORANCE not EMBRACING IT...!!!!!!!!1

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with diabetes about 6 months ago, and gave up all pop cold turkey (even diet, which they said was OK).

A few weeks back, I had a low blood sugar episode, and bought a can of regular coke to boost my system.

I used to drink 3-4 cans a day. Now it was all I could do to force down 1/3 of 1 can. After weeks with no sugar at all, it tasted like boiled down reduced benelyn. It was sweet, very syrupy, and thick, and just tasted awful. I swear I could taste the high fructose corn syrup.

Try going at least two months without sugar, then try eating just regular food again - you won't be able to - your taste buds will adapt and you'll realize how awful all the sugar/salt packed processed foods and drinks really are.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What's in Coca cola?

What's in drinking water?

What's in the air we breathe?

What's in our soap and shampoo?

Get over it. If you obsess over these things, you will never live a normal life. Stop panicking and just get on with it like most people do. Where you look for trouble and fear, you will find it!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is a great thread s+F.....I'll be showing this my Cola addict step daughter maybe she'll see sense. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
Reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

wow- you're the poster boy for 'why not to drink coke'

focus on your own life- that was good advice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yea... people who drink coke and do normal stuff tend to find absurd things absurd.

How insanely rational of me... I will now leave the crazy castle prolly in wonderland where alice is, by the little logical door over there, take care...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The same can be said of almost any "non-organic" food that you buy from a store. Most industries have published guidelines on things like the amount of acceptable toxins and yummy things like rat droppings, bug legs, etc that are known to be in all processed food.

Even "clean" food is further tainted by any workers that handle or serve it.

So either grow your own food and drink your own well water, or just accept that all food has various impurities that are usually in such small amounts that they are not detectable (by taste) or harmful.

There's not really anything else you can do. It is literally impossible to have all food be 100% clean and free from impurities, not even counting the crap like preservatives and other chemicals they put into processed food on purpose.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Blazer]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
People consume dangerous amounts of sugar everyday while they wonder why so many people get seriously ill with something like cancer. That's just one of the many poisons people are addicted to nowadays. What really gets to me is how organizations will raise money to find a "cure". You see it all the time and it disgusts me. It really shows how stupid our species has become. You do not need a "cure" if you can prevent it in the first place. However, we do sometimes need some aid when our immune systems have been compromised, and medicines that cure serious illnesses are out there. They grow from the earth. They are here to be used. Substances like (real) Hemp Oil are illegal and they can cure cancers, and a whole variety of illnesses. It's extremely depressing when you know someone with cancer and see them dying from radiation. I'm disgusted.

Thanks for sharing the article. I knew Coca-Cola was a poison, but now we know to what extent.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I think it is mostly polluted water that causes the coke to be contaminated. So it is the local water that is more loaded with chemicals than the cola. Want to know something top secret. You have been waiting for top secret information on this site for awhile. Well, here it is:
Coca Cola and Pepsi are tamarind flavored. Yes, chutney cola.

In the article that was linked, that's exactly what it would seem like. I currently work at a CCE bottler....but am not someone who'd cover-up anything. I don't drink any soft drinks, but the main reason is because of the HFCS. In the US, bottling plants are located near municipal water supplies or have their own wells. I'll drink Dasani (which we also bottle) but stay away from any of the other products. And keep in mind, when people talk about the other ingredients (which come in batches, typically in a 275 gallon tote), those ingredients are a minute part of the equation (although that doesn't discount the dangers associated with the same ingredients in higher concentrations). To give an idea of how little of each ingredient is used....when purchasing a single tote of some "flavors", over $50,000 is spent.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Glad I gave up soda years ago.

I only drink tea, water, coffee and Natural Wines.

www.naturalwine.net...

A good habit to get into if you want to stay healthy is to read the label first before you put it in your body.

Most processed foods and foods you buy take out have nasty things added.

Pretty much, if the label has any ingredients that I can't pronounce or know what they are, I don't buy it.

It's getting easier now to buy organic foods.

ps: Kool aid, Crystal Light, the "power drinks" all have aspartame in them.

www.sweetpoison.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Wrong.
Many species don't drink at all---just what they can extract from the plants they consume, and many species seek out fermented liquids and fruits for a seasonal "bender".

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I got that we don't need to worry about pesticides because it's way lower than what's on fruit and not to drink it if you're in India.

And really, we're going to compare everything to WATER? Why not compare it to OTHER SOFT DRINKS?

Now excuse me while I go get my immune system killing Coca-Cola (but have amazingly not been sick in ~8 years, I guess it means it actually makes you super human).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have been addicted to diet coke for years, i drink at least 2 litres a day, I honestly cant actually remember the last time I went a day without drinking any. My old work colleagues used to laugh at how many little bottles I would get through in a day at work. I dont drink tea,coffee,milk or juice, and im pretty sure that i dont drink enough water, there is days when I'll forget to drink water at all and just stick to diet coke.

I know its probably really bad, but i am reasonably healthy, nothing wrong with my health that im aware of.

I should try and give it up, it'll be hard though as I get in a bad mood if I havent drank any. Probably be easier for me to give up smoking.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

This is exactly why our world needs to change. We all are responsible for this. We all allow for this to happen. Each one of us need to push ourselves forward to make life better for our children, and the human race. It starts with everyone of us. each of us have to make the changes in ourselves and stay strong and make this happen. S+F BTW

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And I am sure regular water in India is just as toxic...listen, something is going to kill you. Also, it seems like EVERYTHING causes cancer.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Everything you eat nearly gives you cancer. Just breathe and you get it. Driving a car is still more dangerous than drinking coke. Anyone walking to work tommorrow?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'll keep drinking it regardless and I drink an awful lot of it, I actually trust coke a lot more than I trust the tap water here I know that's not really logical as I'm sure drinks are bottled locally anyway but I do feel like that anyway.

I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way in America because I'm aware they use corn syrup instead of sugar and the thought of that would put me off, that's probably the only way coke could lose me as a customer.

I stay away from anything with artificial sweeteners and rightly or wrongly I'm putting Corn Syrup on that list basicly for me if it isn't pure sugar I won't drink it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by earthdude

You have been waiting for top secret information on this site for awhile. Well, here it is: Coca Cola and Pepsi are tamarind flavored. Yes, chutney cola.

That's a revelation?

You must be one of the few who knows. Most people don't even know what tamarind is.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join