join

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I heard that all intelligent man have some degree of autism

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What an amazing story. She's like a totally normal kid that's trapped inside her head. Makes you wonder about all the stories that could have been, with the way disabled people were locked away for centuries. Nice to see evidence that not everything in our world is getting worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Another thought: I wonder if these people "live" somewhere where people go when they take '___'?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Just one question that wasn't answered in the vid ... it's obvious that Carly was not capable or able to be taught to read and write based on her condition ... so could someone please explain how she managed to sit in front of the pc for the first time and start typing words and sentences in a coherent fashion ?

I have a friend who's a high-functioning autistic with hyperlexia. He described the sensation as being extremely focused on grammatical constructs and spelling, but having a complete inability to write using pen and pencil. When he was first introduced to computers it opened up a whole new way for him to express himself.

I've watched him on occasion when he signs his signature. It's fascinating and somewhat sad because his whole hand balls-up into a knot and there's very clearly a physical barrier that's probably the result of failing neuromotor controls.

Observation and understanding of an external action doesn't imply the person has the ability to mimic the action. Carly very likely understood what was going on, she just didn't have a suitable mechanism to externalize her internal world.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by janon
"How exceptional Carly seems to be but maybe she isn't that exceptional. She was just lucky that no one gave up on her. How many others out there aren't that fortunate."

Autistic individuals are no different than individuals classified as "normal" when looking at it from an Astropsychology perspective. The key for society is to realize where the potential is and to encourage development in that area. In Carly's case she was born January 26, 1995 with her Dragon Head and Moon in Scorpio (power, intensity, passion) over the 11th House (genius potential, hi-tech, computers, intellectual, surprise, release of energy...) She was set at birth to be brilliant, powerfully brilliant.

To her benefit, she had parents that advocated for her so she could succeed. They used ABA, a behavioral analysis system using basic principles of positive reinforcement, in addition to therapists and speech pathologists coming into their home and special needs assistant was used in the classroom. With the aid of laptop computer (Dragon Head: hi-tech, computers) she learned to play a song on the piano.

But the key here, Carly is incredibly brilliant and able to penetrate and investigate because she was born in January and imprinted with a Dragon Head in Scorpio.

Never underestimate the power of the Dragon Head & Tail. Without fail, every person that I've done with a Dragon Head over the 11th House is incredibly smart-intelligent-brilliant.

The Dragon Head & Tail is also called the Moon's North Node and South Node. Lunar nodes are sensitive points on the ecliptic where the path of the Moon around the Earth crosses the Sun's path on the ecliptic. The Nodes are always opposite each other and important in forecasting eclipses. The Nodes move backward, clockwise through the zodiac at about 1° every 19 days and show a relationship between the Moon, Earth and the Sun. The nodes represent the "Dragon" as it weaves its web around the Earth.

Heartsome

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow, what a powerful story. What a great father and even better daughter. This story is so sad and happy at the same time, a true blessing. She seems to have such a great personality, eventhough the horrors she has faced in the past. This young lady just may be the key to unlcoking the mysteries of Autism, so that we can better treat those children who suffer from it. Wow, this story not only made my day, but it made my whole year. What a great surprise after constantly reading about death stars, genocide, police states, terrorism and anything else horrifying that the human mind can come up with. It's nice to see that there is at least some greatness out there,

Again, thanks for sharing this incredible story. I actually believe that I have seen this story before, in passing though I ignorantly blew it off as someone making a mountain out of an ant hill. I thought, "oh, they got some retarded kid to type. So what? They do the same thing with apes." I'm glad I didn't blow it off this time, as the story is empowering.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
just...wow.

Thank you for sharing. This has really opened my eyes.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join