It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Girl Expresses Profound Intelligence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Well it definably came close. I know I am allergic to aspartame, and it sure does suck considering all the tasty stuff I cannot have. It's not one of those "drink and you'll die" things. It's like "drink this for a week and you'll be talking to people who are not there" sort of neurotoxins.

I treat my brain like a computer. For me that begs to question, what's controlling the brain then?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just one more thing I want to share that's on her website.

This is Carly’s Dad, Carly wants to go to a public high school. we finally had a meeting with a fantastic principal today.

This is what Carly had to say in the meeting.

CARLY: It’s funny because I feel the schools are using labels to hold people back. I am autistic but does that mean I can’t be a part of the same education that someone who is not autistic gets. If Albert Einstein was around in this century, fifty out of a hundred doctors say he would be diagnosed with learning disabilities and A.D.D. The other fifty say he would have been on the autism spectrum. When Albert went to school he was in a one classroom school house and was given a chance to learn. His teacher was quoted saying that Albert did not pay attention to any of the lessons that she taught him. She went on to say that he had to wear the dunce hat more times than she put logs in the fireplace. Yet she still gave him an education that led us to E=mc2. What if he was born in today’s time and put in a segregated school? Would we know what E=mc2 means? Stephen Hawkings was seven years old when he lost all oral ability in his mouth. He made lots of sounds but could not talk. Thanks to some amazing teachers that saw the potential in him, Stephen stayed in a mainstream class and is now one of the smartest men in the world with a P.H.D in science and many papers on black hole phenomenons. But what if the teachers did not let him stay in school? Do you think he really would have met his potential? I am not saying I am going to come up with the next e=mc2 or write a dissertation on black holes but I would like the one thing these two individuals and many more like them had and that is a chance. School is about teaching young minds knowledge and I have proven with my IQ test that I take in all the information that is given to me. So please help me fill my head with knowledge. I am eager to learn and eager to put my own stamp on the world. Please help me do so. Thank you for listening to me.

carlysvoice.com...

If she gets into school and learns on her own accord, I could see her becoming a name in Science or whatever she would want to learn about and has passion for. Amazing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Amazing! And to think those Eugenics, oh, sorry Progressives would rather get rid of theses people.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I once heard from a very wise person that people with these "mental problems" co-exist in our reality and in the spiritual one. they are more aware than we are about life and etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The term aut/ism is not a tru/ism.
Ism's don't work in reality.
They often make good for psyops for the 'wrong' reasons.
You know what I mean.

Something of this nature cannot be labeled.
No 'human' being can be la-Ba'al-ed.
A creator wouldn't do it.
Why would a human.
This is not a question.
This makes sense because it Is.

Many folks are labeled autistic and put on pharmaceutiKill drugs for No good reason. Society pays the price every day.

Folks that have autistic tendencies so to say usually share one trait in common; they like schedules and sticking to them. They like order and feel out of place in a society of which is orderless and/or senseless.

Unfortunately?.....they live in a world of unseen forms/visions which contain many truths though find difficulty expressing them with words alone when the wholeness is 'out of site'. They paint their visions well or express it in 'some' form of Art with a unique though often quite accurate prose. Michelangelo and Leonardo da'Vinci, etc. were prime examples of austic folks who surpassed their own expectation and were able to grasp the 'larger' pictures; the One's that mattered. They were rewarded in life and more importantly.....thereafter.

Auz.....tistic labeled folks are often misdiagnosed geniuses in their own rite since they are capable of focusing on One thing so clearly that that one thing is known for what it is. If they cannot figure out 'part' of a puzzle, a first precept or rather building block to something greater, they will try, try again without attempting to see the 'whole' picture first.....then break it down. Teach autistic folks how to see big pictures, then break them down. Then take a bigger picture of the scene you wish to create in their mind and combine it with the previous scene conjectured. I believe this works though.....am not speaking via a "Skinner box" approach. It is difficult for them to see the wholeness of the world around them.

I clearly would not apply here on all charges though a psyop fellow might attempt to make one feel or fell otherwise. Don't fall for it. It's just another lie like most labels.

My wife has a masters degree in the area.
No one has ever accused myself of being autistic.
It sounds like a handicap.
I may sound like it myself at times posting here on ATS.
If you met me, you would know better.

Trust me on that one.
I'm the exact opposite.
I'm all over the place though headed in the Right direction.
This is the ball I've got m"I" eye on.
Oh, it's late, early; you decide.
Later.

P.T.:
(post thought)

I do share one trait in common with folks thrown in this category; I like to count numbers, I do it naturally and fast. Unfortunately the Feds numbers don't add up.

See what I mean:
www.infowars.com...

Truth needs no copyright protection, only visibility.
Any free publicity an aritst can get on a blog should be 'appreciated' don't you think? Of course. It makes sense because it Just makes sense. I don't even have to explain why. You know if you are able to read this or figure out how to get to this blog in the first place. It's common sense, what most have been instructed to deny since birth. Many times, the parents weren't the 'first' victims.

Time to smoke that magic dragon.
Passing peace pipe.....
Just don't blow it in my face.
Thanks.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

My wife is a Special Ed teacher and some of her kids are ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.
They may be slow in an area but almost always by excelling tremendously in others.
Look at Dr. Hawking, I would wipe the field with his bottom on the football field but, he would most likely make short work of me on the chess board.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

My wife could give you many good examples. So could "I". You 'could' or rather would? too.
Unfortunately the autistic labeled 'crowd' have a tough time fitting in since they often think 'out of bounds'. A state controlled education system fails itself in the end.

Education is about discovery and rEdiscovery of anything or assumed law whether 'real' or merely 'written' that just doesn't make sense.

I had to read ^^^^^ two more times till it made enough sense to post. Some concepts are difficult to put to print no? It's impossible to put a 'Vision' to print accurately. Art can only mimic nature. Nature is seen only in motion though Truth, as a work of invisible art is the blueprint that matters in one or One's end. If this makes sense.....it just might make sense because it is.

One will learn to love everyone when their inherent value is seAn for what it Is. You truly are all pieces of One puzzle and often seek another for a reason whether it be for love, information, understanding, acceptance, humility, what have U. Many learn daily from those with handi/no'caps. They have much to show the world of which is often unseen, or that which rather goes unnoticed to most caught up with human constructs based on partial or incomplete Reason.

If something does not make sense, most probably it was not designed to.
In this case it is necessary to re-design the 'issue' of the day.
It is time to re-construct a society which works.
Love and Understanding always works.
It Is an invisible tru'ism which works.
One knows this intuitively and via experience though.....
many are 'instructed' to do otherwise unto their neighbor.

A bad vibe sends the wrong vibration.
Ask any blind person.
Their lack of sight often ends up with the brain enhancing the other sensory organs. This works by natural design, an intelligent One and could be for the betterment of all when seen, realized and put into practice for what it Is.

That's enough.
Time to dis/connect.
It's too late/early to go to bed.
lol

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have an idea.
Attempt mental telepathy with 'your' baby or advise one you care about to do so. There will be some positive results regardless. Attempt to pass visions of Truth, Love and Acceptance, as you know it, into their eyes. The "I"s are the window to the Soul. May your windows be clean of all.....foolishness.

Regardless of One's innate ability to do so to some degree, telepathy Is a reality though not often acknowledged early enough in life. Some will always have an advantage over others, naturally though not often by 'good' design or effects. Some focus on the good in others while others focus on the bad. To focus on the bad is to assume the worst whereby in effect often receiving the worse, or at least a negative vibe. You know what I'm talking about. You Feel it every day. Most have instructed to believe it is 'natural' or not there at All.....

It is important for certain neural connections within the neural synaptic networks to be established early in life. Unfortunately, in 'modern' society, only a privilaged few learn to even 'think' critically or 'solve' problems. It is good to give a child multiple sensory input early in life to maximize the connections in childs neural network for the first few years of development. I believe there is a book on "Mind and Body" that speaks knowledgeable about the mind/body connection and the role of each plays in a holistic way.

Rather mosts 'brains' are is.....minded or rather 'mined' to 'avoid' or not acknowledge that inner voice that often speaks of reason and logic which often point to what's most important of all;

Truth in Unity; Purpose to Reason; Reason to Enlightenment: Enlightenment to 'true' (((((Illumination))))).
To view all human beings as part of 'your' puzzle.
It works because it Is.

There is no chakra with alcohol.
It goes down well though when abused, it comes off the wrong way if you know what I mean. If you need to relax, try smoking a 'peace' pipe. It worked for eons and folks weren't treated as peons. It works because It works.

Again, depopulation is the agenda for the cosmos; not human beings. What human being would have the right over another to depopulate their brethren. How could so many be fooled into the agenda with charts and graphs based on myths and falsified data. The 'global' warming scheme was/is not a ploy for carbon tax credit schemers? Of course it is. Alex speaks well on this as well. Don't worship the guy, just appreciate the fact that he has the courage to speak out on matters that make no sense. Sure he makes some money in the process though the End appears to be headed in the right direction. When the dust settles, money will be useless anyhow; it already is worthless as 'promissary note' not backed by gold or silver but rather backed up by more fiat currency chasing the same end; your very souls/spirit so to say.

Bla bla bla; good day.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
now that explains a lot about ATS

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I understand that most autistic children are cases where there is lack of bloodflow to certain areas or area of the brain which causes irregular developments in different parts of the brain.

The good news is that this can most often be treated by avoidance of drinking city water contanimated with toxic levels of calcium (of which causes arthritis and calcification of the Pineal gland!); there is 'no' so-called chakra without it, Master P that Is....., Also, toxic levels of Flouride is commonly found in city water and greatly decreases one's mental abilities and kills the cells via weakened immune system and subsequent proneness to viruses, bacterias, infections, etc. Oh, chlorine isn't necessary either. Better to stick with a sure thing; 'fresh' water, where you can find it.
Good luck?
You have the technology.
Use it.....for Good Use.
It's there for the taking.
It's cheaper than it's inverse.
More importantly, it works.

If I'm wrong about something, I'd like to be the first to hear about it.
It's for my own good; yours too.
Know what I mean?
Yes, you do.

One of the symptoms of toxic flouride mentioned above is not entirely accurate. Do you know what I mean? That would be impressive and Good to know.

You'll know what I mean?
It's in your better interest to do so.

Saluting.....silently.....though not too distantly.
I'm right here, in your mind.
KnoWhadamsayinbrAs.
It is what it Is.
If it makes sense, it Is.

The blog-O-sphere.....that's hilarious.
Makes me laugh every time.
This one I take 'seriously'.
For reasons you understand.
Some more than others.

As a Light upon a shadow;
Be your own beacon unto truth;
May your path be as clear as day;
And may you bee on your way;
Your say.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! That was very enlightening. It makes you think twice about why certain people express themselves in ways most people consider unusual.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by starhill]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I'm adhd - but the low energy, inattentive type. I'm typical for that "cluster of traits" in that disorganisation and lack of time awareness is more my challenge.

In some ways I had autistic traits as a young child, and I don't know if some would think I might now.

(I view the categories more as useful descriptions then as fixed 'deformities' now. )

I sort of think of the autistic aspects being side-effects of the adhd combined with my personality: - eg a flighty attention span unless fixed on something interesting - often my own thoughts, prone to day dreaming, not good at shifting attention to order, etc

I think these mean I wasn't paying attention a lot of the time to the crucial social cues, and as I got further behind it got worse and worse.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg ... I sat down with him on my lap, his head resting on my shoulder. For reasons I didn't understand then, I placed my hands on his hip and shoulder/head. He immediately calmed down and fell to sleep. ...

Is that a good way to calm down someone who is panicked? I have a son on the autistic spectrum who sometimes get panicked and wants out of this world -- should I try that?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Depends on the child oniongrass. My son has normally calmed down to cranial pressure - head massage. When he was way younger I could get him to calm down by counting with him. I just asked my son what works best to calm him down and he replied "taking a nap". (He tends to get crankiest when he's tired.) And if he's away from home he says "head massage".

Interesting, I sat my son (11) down to watch the video with me. When I asked him what he thought, he said "she needs to not eat wheat". We have DS on a gluten free diet. I also asked him what we could do to help him do well and he told me "keep making me talk" and "help me learn things".

DS blasts a lot of conceptions of autism out of the water. He's highly imaginative, making huge "movies" with dinosaurs and robots. He's very affectionate and caring and will be the first to help another child who's been hurt. He also drives his sister NUTS with his quirky behavior and constant pacing.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

I've enjoyed your posts so much. Very insightful, and you have so much to bring and offer to this topic.

I'm surprised at other comments, however.
Nobody wants to "get rid" of these children. Somebody actually alluded to that.

I hope.....nobody will ever make the mistake of thinking autistic children are mentally retarded. Huge mistake. You've helped so much towards the dissolution of this notion, as has this entire thread. It's been uplifting to me.

There are of course, dual diagnoses, and both do occur, like you can have a schizophrenic person who is also mentally retarded. But it does not occur that often, and is not typical. I would venture to say it occurs less than in the general population.

They are inside there.....and they want to communicate.
Know how frustrated they must be.

I hope Carly will have a good high school experience. I believe she will now that she can communicate with her follow students through typing.
She can make them understand her, and that is a huge connection for all of us. She does it well.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Well it definably came close. I know I am allergic to aspartame, and it sure does suck considering all the tasty stuff I cannot have. It's not one of those "drink and you'll die" things. It's like "drink this for a week and you'll be talking to people who are not there" sort of neurotoxins.

I treat my brain like a computer. For me that begs to question, what's controlling the brain then?

If you treat the brain like a computer then it will be like a computer, which has good and bad traits, like anything else. As for what is controlling the brain, don't you know the brain and mind is trying to control the world but it does not work, so it throws fits now and then, it does not like it when something is not as it deems, that it should be. And off course there is some people who use mind control on others its usually called propaganda, usually with ideas or words, by way of books TV and using the internet, same old same old, the language of good and bad, positive and negative, right and wrong, hardware and software. And off course there are those pesky aliens trying to get access into the conscious human hive mind, either for upgrades or downgrades beaming data in your brain that your mind can't grasp, not the internet one but the ethereal one, you know wear your tin foil. Lucky for the human race they don't believe in telepathy, and what you don't believe in does not exist.
I just had to, this is ATS after all, and the conspiracies must go on.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Excellant! S&F and thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
She is beyond Price
and though she suffers, she brings hope to so many
she is a god send
and should be cherished as a nation treasure.
hugs
RKL

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyMe777
reply to post by conspiracy101

And what is your mental disability?

Autism is not in itself a mental disability. It is physiological disorder that causes interference in the communication centers of the brain.

"Autism is a complex developmental disability that is the result of a neurological disorder that affects the normal functioning of the brain, impacting development in the areas of social interaction and communication skills. Both children and adults with autism typically show difficulties in verbal and non-verbal communication, social interactions, and leisure or play activities".

As such Autistic people can be very intelligent, or not, in the same proportion as the rest of the population. My 16 year old autistic child (daughter) can speak and write 5 different languages, quote and explain bible verse and recite all 50 states and 12 provinces and territories of Canada,the US and most of Europe, their capitals, and largest waterways. Conversely her math skills are a bit lax especially when dealing with word problems.

But she will not speak in public, understand sarcasm or comprehend the different intonations in peoples remarks of in written prose. Everything she hears or reads is taken literally and there is no understanding of the "double entendre". When they respond they cannot always find the words to express their ideas or especially their feelings. This inability to communicate can often frustrate them causing outbursts, which are often mistaken for misbehavior. Try to get them to relate their ideas in other ways. (written word, pictograms, etc...)

When dealing with autistic children or adults please say exactly what you mean otherwise you will be in for a long night.

Hope this helps everyone understand it a little better.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Watching the video in OP brought a tear to my eye. How exceptional Carly seems to be but maybe she isn't that exceptional. She was just lucky that no one gave up on her. How many others out there aren't that fortunate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join