It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Girl Expresses Profound Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+108 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this and is literally rocked my world:

This girl is Autistic and couldn't speak a word. She still can not. But she can type through a computer in a completely coherent fashion.

She explains how she is completely aware of how she is perceived and how she acts - it's absolutely incredible!

This raises the question of what is really going on in the mind of an autistic individual.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This girl is a great example of an amazing person! A while the doctors declared me autistic because of how I used to act when I was younger. Thanks for sharing this fabulous video.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the meek shall inherit the Earth! Well that quote makes sense those who look disabled actually have more strength

[edit on 23-7-2010 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's where you can find links to her blog and tweets:

carlysvoice.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My mother worked with people that had disabilities *such as autism* for a very long time. She had a book that she said was amazing and made her understand autism in much more depth. The author of the book is autistic herself and explains how it feels when your autistic, how you percieve things, and your struggles.

I borrowed the book from my mom to read, And then I lent it to one of my best friends from work to read *since her son is autistic

Anyhow, its a great book and really invites the reader in. I think its called "Nobody Nowhere" by Donna Williams

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have heard tha some autistic kids have psychic powrs is that true?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

That explains why I'm always lucid dreaming!
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Hmmm no bad genes just bad gene environments!

Personal Disclosure: I'm extremely glad that she has found and her parents have fostered, an environment that is allowing her to blossom fully!

P.S. I wonder if her parents talking freely in front of her for all those years had a positive impact on her extremely amazing ability to communicate clearly???

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Many years ago. when all my spiritualism was just starting up and I had no idea yet that I was an energy healer, I had a profound dream that was a powerful part of that awakening.

In the dream, I was standing in a white "space", as many times happened, with a doctor and a couple of nurses behind me. They were showing me a young boy, about 8 years old, sitting on a wooden bench at a wooden table. They rattled off all of his ailments all the while. When I looked at him, the pain and fear in his eyes was astounding. He was shaking and very clearly suffering. He was small and frail-looking.

I picked him up despite the protestations of the medical staff and took him to a comfortable sofa. I sat down with him on my lap, his head resting on my shoulder. For reasons I didn't understand then, I placed my hands on his hip and shoulder/head. He immediately calmed down and fell to sleep.

I was the ripped out of my dream (it was 4:17am, after all). My eyes welled up with tears and I told him out loud that I would be back.

One other thing I do recall the doctor saying was that the boy was in that state due to mercury. Since that dream, I have been a firm believer in the whole mercury-poisoning thing. We really shouldn't assume that medical science is anything more than barbaric.

Just think how much one unmentionable plant could help those suffering this way.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

That is simply a beautiful story and very enlightening i can only imagine how many other people out there who are just like her and could communicate like that if only given the chance to try perhaps now that this story is out it will open a whole new window of treatment for autistic kids aswell as adults who have lived their whole life never being able to say a word.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

the angel in me says:

i'm pretty sure autism is a side effect of intelligence.

autism is how some of lesser intelligence label greater intelligence.

last thing we need is a bunch of retards running the show, not good for the statis quo. oh, wait .... we must be nearing the last thing, seems like a lot of retards are running the show.

what do i know, i'm autistic & retarded.
-et

p.s.
the devil in me says:

phizer
hey, all the drug companies making those "your penis is to small and doesn't last long enough" commercials.
can i borrow your daughters, wives, and mothers for some second opinions?

edited to add devil's opinion, for a fair & balanced ATS post contribution.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Amazing story.

And maybe she holds the key to truly understanding autism and bringing forth some real medical breakthroughs.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thank you Impaired for the amazing story. My son is 11 and autistic. Very smart and, thank heavens, verbal. It's amazing what goes on in his head.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Now THAT is a video worth watching. :]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is the stuff that bgs me with the general stereotype of people with mental disabilities as being ignorant, stupid, etc... I have a mental disability aswell and all my life was looked upon as an idiot even though i have a very high I.Q. which has allowed me to do many things in my life. The only difference between me and a 'normal' person is the fact that i have some slight problems with focus, writing, and a lack of people skills(dont really like people too well). anyways -stomp stomp rage rage troll troll-

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy101

And what is your mental disability?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have autism adhd and ocd

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That was an incredibly uplifting video and I can only hope to imagine just how her parents must feel now that they know that there IS a caring, understanding and feeling person trapped inside that damaged shell. I wish the entire family all the best and hope that her astonishing progress continues.

Just one question that wasn't answered in the vid ... it's obvious that Carly was not capable or able to be taught to read and write based on her condition ... so could someone please explain how she managed to sit in front of the pc for the first time and start typing words and sentences in a coherent fashion ?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy101

Id only consider autism a mental disorder. Not the other two.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
all three are mental disorders ocd can be crippling and the adhd provides a very difficult challenge with every day tasks but the autism and ocd are far worse

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join