It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop caught on camera pushing disabled woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh yeah? Well I watched the video BEFORE I read or heard the news story and I thought she was drunk. We will agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That is the thing, it doesn't matter if it was a disabled or drunk person, they both are not to be pushed to the ground. She, from what I can tell in the video, completely trusted the officers to let her manage through their wide convoy only to be assaulted. Its that simple. You can argue what if's all day, but what if's wouldn't help ME in court if I pushed down a passerby.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yeah because you're not a cop possibly caught off guard defending your gun from a potentially drunk person lunging at you. Whatever.

And my point, which I was hoping you'd be astute enough to challenge me on, was that it was not possible to watch that video with no preconceived notion of event. Everywhere it appears on the internet it is LABELLED with handicapped or disabled woman. That alone already sets your mind.

People simply cannot even give an inch to objectivity these days because the cards are stacked against it from the minute you see a video. They all come predigested and prepackaged for you. That was my attempted point.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yeah because you're not a cop possibly caught off guard defending your gun from a potentially drunk person lunging at you. Whatever.

And my point, which I was hoping you'd be astute enough to challenge me on, was that it was not possible to watch that video with no preconceived notion of event. Everywhere it appears on the internet it is LABELLED with handicapped or disabled woman. That alone already sets your mind.

People simply cannot even give an inch to objectivity these days because the cards are stacked against it from the minute you see a video. They all come predigested and prepackaged for you. That was my attempted point.

You're "point" is a non-point, because the video is clear enough that interpretation is not required and preconceived notions do nothing to change what is plainly there...she tries to get through, doesn't reach for anything and is shoved to the ground.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I disagree that it's CLEAR or that you have ALL the information you need to make a snap judgment, particularly of the extremist kind. We shall agree to disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join