It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New travel warnings issued for Mexico cities in lockdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

New travel warnings issued for Mexico cities in lockdown

www.kens5.com

U.S. citizens in the border city of Nuevo Laredo are on lockdown. They're being warned to stay inside until further notice after gun battles Thursday left eight people dead.
The newest State Department travel warning again singles out several border cities. It’s no surprise Juarez is on the list, but so is Nogales and Nuevo Laredo, which had been quiet until the last few months.
“On that particular Friday somebody had thrown a grenade into the American consulate. We came over on Saturday and there was no problem,” said John Wise a Nuevo Laredo visitor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/23/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The obama administration is worrying about blocking Arizona law while people are dying at our borders as drug cartels battle for turf. Ask yourself what makes this area important to them easy answer its a base of operations to run drugs across the border. Yet are justice department is worried about police questioning people they stop for citizenship.

www.kens5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The mayor of leredo is asking for help and once again washington is turning a deaf ear.

[edit on 7/23/10 by dragonridr]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/23/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People please flag this thread people need to see whats happeing at or borders.The Government wants us to believe Arizonas law is to harass Mexicans trying to take there kids for ice cream. This situation is far beyond that the mexican government has lost control of there country and major news outlets are scared to touch the story. I believe this is due to the fact it would garner support for arizona law. Send this to everyone so they can see the gravity of the situation and why illegals need to be stoped at the border.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Barak Nero is fiddling while our "Rome" burns.

As did Nero, Barry will blame the Christians as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The next steps the cartels will take will be on the US side. It is really already happening, but not on a scale grand enough to make news, yet.

Anyone seen the circulated email of 3 beheaded men (with Z for Zeta carved in their chests) displayed on top of and in front of a Catholic roadside grotto across the river from Rio Grande City TX?. Or live video of men in black paramilitary uniforms beheading a man while he's pleading for his life?

We here in S. Texas have, and the silence from our federal so-called govt.
is deafening.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I live in Texas (not near the border, however), and have numerous close friends living in border cities. One friend told me today that citizens on the U.S. side in Laredo can hear grenades and gunfire coming from the other side of the border in Nuevo Laredo about 15-20 minutes away from him.
He says he feels pretty safe in Laredo, and that Laredo's government is doing a pretty good job with what they have. I would think our federal government will be forced to secure the border, sooner rather than later, if this continues.
These cities' pleas for help will only fall on deaf ears for so long. When the blood begins spilling on this side, unfortunately that's when we'll finally see a federal response that's worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueSuperman
I live in Texas (not near the border, however), and have numerous close friends living in border cities. One friend told me today that citizens on the U.S. side in Laredo can hear grenades and gunfire coming from the other side of the border in Nuevo Laredo about 15-20 minutes away from him.
He says he feels pretty safe in Laredo, and that Laredo's government is doing a pretty good job with what they have. I would think our federal government will be forced to secure the border, sooner rather than later, if this continues.
These cities' pleas for help will only fall on deaf ears for so long. When the blood begins spilling on this side, unfortunately that's when we'll finally see a federal response that's worthwhile.

My hope is we can make enough of a stink for the obama administration before Americans have to die. The problem is most Americans havnt a clue what the border states are going through. The comon belief is there just a bunch of racists who hate mexicans. Last week had a friend tell me the arizona law is just to get the mexicans to leave because Arizonans are racist. The washington BS works time we show people how wrong washington is!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Was there a news report if so post it the more people see the better!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Mexico as a country is not controlled by the govt. and the US knows it. We are locking down towns on our side of the border because of the battles raging on the other side in mexico. We even have parts of the US that have warnings about people going into it because of drug smugglers and mexican military encroaching into the US. It wouldn't shock me that the Federal govt. doesn't ceed the border to Mexico in private.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I will not post those pics or videos. I will affirm that they are real. They are not on links, just circulating via email. Someone else will post them soon though.

They are too disturbing, and the live video made me ill. And I have seen quite a lot of various things. Hence my username.

edit to add: I don't think anyone can post extremely graphic material here on ATS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

I wasn't talking about the video you were e mailed i was wondering if there was a news report. But I'm beginning to think allot of things thats are going on are not being reported by the press. Heres where the conspiracy is why is all this happening and no one is reporting it besides minor newspapers in the area. I find this very strange theres practically a war going on in Mexico and no one knows??

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think what is happening is that the drug market is shrinking. The U.S. market is taking a nosedive, and we are seeing a "downsizing" going on across the border for a shrinking market.
It is a dog eat dog world out there. Things will stabilize once some of them go out of business.
So to speak.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

People please flag this thread people need to see whats happeing at or borders.

Seriously?

I hate when people do that.

I think ATS needs to reevaluate that system all together because begging for flags is pretty terrible.

Let the topic itself draw people in and if you are worried it won't peak the members interest don't post it.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Prediction for the not too distant future...

When enough Americans die the U.S. will have to respond and that response will be quickly condemned by many nations. Violence will escalate, the U.S. will have to take drastic measures to protect citizens, there may even be cross border incursions, brief occupations, and measured military strikes, all in the name of national security.

Sound familiar?

Have we learned anything from the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?

There are millions of illegals living in the USA, as the economy worsens, especially in Mexico the violence near the border can only escalate.

This will be our Palestine!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
dont people understand is the reason why the government does nothing about the southern border is because they rely on the drug trade to make money? c'mon guys didnt we learn the cia is in charge of major drug trafficing? are they doing a thing to help out the situation?

HELL NO.

hmmm.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Prediction for the not too distant future...

When enough Americans die the U.S. will have to respond and that response will be quickly condemned by many nations. Violence will escalate, the U.S. will have to take drastic measures to protect citizens, there may even be cross border incursions, brief occupations, and measured military strikes, all in the name of national security.

Sound familiar?

Have we learned anything from the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?

There are millions of illegals living in the USA, as the economy worsens, especially in Mexico the violence near the border can only escalate.

This will be our Palestine!

Makes me wonder if this wouldnt be an effective set up to invade Mexico could be just my paranoia but i hadn't thought about it until you said something. Why is are government so intent on building up hostilities on the border? And why is Obama ignoring it we know he is willing to use troops Afghanistan is proof of that.And if Mexico does fall apart and we occupy it what then?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Corrupt state, local and federal agencies have control of the US drug market, what flows across the Mexico border through small drug gangs and Mexican cartels are only a tiny fraction of the "controlled" imports that feed the drug industry inside the USA. That controlled import and distribution network brings in the more lucrative commodities through legitimate means, usually through shipping ports in containers and other methods. the distribution is overseen by corrupt agencies. Billions of dollars are involved and it is major industry in this country. There are criminal alliances and major banking institutions involved as well.

When the Mexican drug gangs/cartels are seen as a threat to the above business, that is when you will see an all out effort to secure the border.

So far, business for the corrupt feds is very good... So, it may take a while longer.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The barbarians are yelling at the gates again. Let them. See if I care. US militiamen with pop shot rifles beat AK47 armed rebels. Its clear they are not capable of doing serious damage.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

"dont people understand is the reason why the government does nothing about the southern border is because they rely on the drug trade to make money? c'mon guys didnt we learn the cia is in charge of major drug trafficing? are they doing a thing to help out the situation?

HELL NO. "

The reason this current administration (Regime) won't do anything about it is that they don't want to offend any potential voters. After all they are going to be pushing for "amnesty" very soon. The retention of power is everything to these people. They couldn't care less about the safety of the citizens of the border states. Ultimately, its going to be left up to the states themselves to take matters into their own hands. The federal govt. have usurped state responsibility in just about every area imaginable. But when it comes to defending our borders (A constitutional requirement for the federal govt) they only provide token measures, or ignore it altogether.
Very sad situation in my opinion. Pathetic really.
I'm not even sure if a republican were in the oval office he would do much more. Maybe the time is ripe for State Militias.
Political correctness is gonna kill this country

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Ever wonder why they want to give Mexican trucking companies free access to all US states?

Just like your questions, the answers should already be painfully obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join