It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical New Theory: Are we living in a Black Hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting article that I just read, and would recommend to other ATS users to read. It is about a page long, so very short, but contains a wild new theory on our universe and space-time.

Scientists trying to explain the universe’s accelerating expansion usually point to dark energy, which seems to be pushing everything apart.

But an Indiana University professor has a new theory, reports New Scientist: We’re inside a black hole that exists in another universe. Specifically, a black hole that rebounded, somewhat like a spring.

Some fairly mind-blowing physics is involved here, but the gist is that Nikodem Poplawski of IU-Bloomington used a modified version of Einstein’s general relativity equation set that takes particle spin into account.

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE ARTICLE

Now I am no physist or astronomer, but these are some very significant claims just to be thrown out there. This guy seems like a legitament professor from Indiana University.

CLICK HERE TO SEE DR. POPLAWSKI'S CREDENTIALS

And I would love to hear others opinions that are more experienced in these fields than myself. What do you guys think, is this even possible?

- xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

[edit on 23-7-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
that's just impossible if w are in a blackhole them we'll all be stretch out but then again that theory could be the reasons why aliens don't visit our world

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

But here's the real kicker: as Poplawski says, we may not be living in our universe at all; we might be living inside a rebounded black hole that exists in a different universe.

I wonder if this is a correct statement or if the writer is confused. If "we may not be living in our universe at all", doesn't that indicate that we are in the rebounded black hole, but that the universe is not? How is that possible, and where does one begin and the other end?

In the original article that this one references, a proof is speculated on, but no indication that it is being tested.

If you've the maths for it, here's the original paper:
arxiv.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I posted a question about Poplawski's paper on Physicsforums. I only got one reply but you can see the answer I got:

"Radial motion into an Einstein-Rosen bridge" (Poplawski)

They gave me a link to the paper also:

arxiv.org...

I have to say the answer I got on physicsforums makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So we have black holes inside a black hole.. Hmm.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Very interesting idea. Would have some similarity with what certain spiritual traditions say. It does sound far fetched though.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
From the guy in your forum's response:

this analysis needs to to be performed with more care than Poplawski has used

Academic shorthand for "yeah, I don't think so". lol

It's an interesting idea, though, but I'm guessing that it's so outlandish that, barring the mathematical sloppiness implied above, it will be impossible to address.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can someone tell me if this has something to do with this:

The Universe May Be a Hologram

"From a New Scientist article. Physicists at the GEO 600 geo600.aei.mpg.de/ a project to detect gravity waves are finding evidence to support the theory that our universe is really 2 dimensional, similar to a hologram that appears 3 dimensional. Information seems to grow only at a 2 dimensional rate. We could simply be on the surface of a black hole. Among many interesting points is that even though much may be going on below the Planck scale that we can never see, it may not be neccessary. I find the general similarity between holographich theory and brane theory fascinating.

Here's the link. The full article follows."

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So the Event Horizon is exactly where when I look in the sky ? Perhaps though this could explain the nature of the Universe and it appearing to oscillate in perpetuation.

Imagine everything in this "Black Hole" being the only place were time exists and that outside of this collapse/coalescence of matter etheric beings are looking in wondering what the heck is happening and that to come here means certain entrapment ?

Only a suicidal entity would bother coming here, so the question has to be asked....if we are living inside a black hole can this explain the absence of some kind of official "Contact" ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Only a suicidal entity would bother coming here, so the question has to be asked....if we are living inside a black hole can this explain the absence of some kind of official "Contact" ?

You could be right. After all they would have been crushed by the black holes massive gravity

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
there is this whole tremendous energy that is unaccounted for in the universe because of the simple fact that, back in the 60's when folks was figuring out the einstein equations, in order to make it simpler on themselves, they simply DELETED from their equations the fact that everything in the universe is rotating around something else.

this unaccounted-for energy is currently known as "dark energy".

but, if you add back in all of the energy which is needed for everything to be spiraling around into infinity, all of the sudden all kinds of bodies begin to satisfy the energetic requirments of the swarzchild radius of black holes. everything from stars to planets to cellular membranes to atoms fulfill the requirements.

so, according to this new theory, the whole universe is a complex system of white and black holes which are nested one within the other like russian dolls.....all the way up and all the way down.

the reason that the sky looks black at night is because we are looking outward toward the edge of the black hole that we are living inside of. and the reason that the sun looks bright to us is that it is a white hole which we are on the outside of.

disclaimer: this is a summary of information from nassim haramien. he has spoken of this particular theory extensively. he goes into quite some detail in video 2 of his series "through the event horizon"....highly recommended. i actually know very little about any of this for myself.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
From the guy in your forum's response:

this analysis needs to to be performed with more care than Poplawski has used

Academic shorthand for "yeah, I don't think so". lol

I see we came up with the same translation!

I wish I was such a talented wordsmith.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Does that mean the world is literally going down the drain?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And / Or we may be living through the tacion information zone of the black hole ... and the theoriticals forms of reality may correspond to it ( or not ).

Interresting theory : but it is just a theory : that need scientific facts, and a hard physician demonstration.

Note : What would an intelligence in our reality do if they find its correct ?

I think I will try to say hello to other reality outside the black hole.

And maybe get out of this entropic #.

Outside the black hole : time may be different, we are accelerated particule of information inside. And energy should be different as well ...

new topics

top topics

join