It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Chicks 03: Raoul Moat Manhunt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think you ladies are a hit! Keep it up there is a lot of crazy things happening out there! G20 is just the start I am afraid.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

thank you guys so much!

i have been listening to ATS LIVE Reruns all week with Nefermore and the panel. (link in signature)

listening to ATS LIVE reruns while catching up on u2us and thread stuff, of course. multitasking is a hobby.

thanks to the Conspiracy Chicks project coordinators and everyone involved. i'll comment more later. just thought i'd say ...

Conspiracy Chicks & teams : THANKS!

som,
et

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That is quite enough talking about Staff Actions..

There is a perfectly good Complaint Button for that.

Any further such will be met with Warnings and possible loss of Post Privileges.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Thanks King
[edit on 23-7-2010 by asala]

No problem ... I hate how the net makes me seem a bit more bitchy then i want it to come across, but I know how nerve racking it is to talk on camera, I have done it before and I was sweating bullets.

For your third show it is actually pretty good, and everything will come with experience and feedback. I don't think people understand that what you guys are doing isn't actually easy.

I was doubtful i would enjoy this show after the first episode but in just 3 episodes you guys have come a long way and improved dramatically showing that you are listening to the members of ATS which will net you a lot of respect from the members.

Keep it up girls I have no doubts this show will get better and better.

ps: Julie, don't loose that laugh all together though
and don't listen to people saying things about the way you talk its 100% fine.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've already brought up the points about the girls ability to (speak, read) whatever the issue is, so I'll just say here, "Good job." You seemed alot snappier on this episode.

I'd really like to see the ATS news, in any format, continue.
I like the idea of summing up, lets say, the weeks news, in a 10 or fifteen minute episode. Especially if it adds to what the threads already offer.

But I think these new episodes drag things out too long. This is one of the reasons I liked Johnny Anonymous, he was a "just the facts" kind of guy and his bits were short.

I like looking at the girls more than I like looking at Mr. Anonymous, (Sorry Johnny.) But I think the production and show could benefit from a snappier format than at present.

I offer the following suggestions in the spirit of success for the show:

1. Shorten the intro. Theme is cool, love surf music, too long.
2. Suck people in with some short stories first, the smaller stories, like Johhny did. Name the major stories your going to talk about "later."
3. Don't tell us what you think, tell us what you know.
4. Be quick about it.
5. Go for ratings, shock us a bit, don't worry about professionalism, this is the COUNTERNEWS. Is it not? Give us some kaboom BLAMMO mixed in with a little "what the..?."
6. Did I already mention, keep it short?
7. Do 1 long story each, maybe a couple intermediate pieces each.
8. But keep it short.

In addition to this, with our brief reports every week, (or whatever) you could also do "Special Reports" where you go into more depth, like a magazine show. Maybe even doing interviews and whatnot.

As I said, I'd like to see the show continue. Despite how some of the very mean people on ATS feel about it.

Some of us are perfect Gentlemen.

Good luck ladies and crew.

Edited for punctuation?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
For what it's worth I like ATS OK so far but I personally cannot stand watching these two speak or read. Very hard on the eye's and ears.

Mom told me if I didn't have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all, so I threw in the bit about liking ATS...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To Ashley: Speak up just a little! Just a couple of decibels louder and it'd be perfect.

Everything else was awesome.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I thought the show was awesome save for one thing...the graphics (Link Below) didn't always match when they were verbally prompted and I think Julie was cut off a second too soon in her first segment...

Otherwise...I think that the show was great though I think I may miss just a bit the candor Julie and Ashley had in the second show...

Well presented and you gals are getting better and better...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm almost totally with Oxygen56 on this one, I like ATS but I honestly have trouble understanding Julies muffled speach, I'm not sure news presentation is your thing, maybe try slowing down your talking speed. But you are both very attractive girls and I'll watch the next show to see if things improve.
Sorry if this sounds negative, just being honest...Ganbatte.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

C'mon girls, only 16 minutes and 16 seconds? I asked for more last time! The show helps me...there were some threads I missed and you brought them up. Thank you.

Can't wait...Bring on the real show! (Hopefully it'll be longer!?)

I loved the ATS Live add on...that was truly hilarious.

Girls, what can I say, you are truly amazing
You've definitely grown in confidence, I must say that and hey, there were no crashes
well, except for saying the link is below and it disappears..but that's fixable!

I love your shows...I can't wait for more...and as I always say, hurry up with the goods!

PS: Asala, you speak absolutely beautiful. Don't let those posts get to you. Just think about shoes

[edit on 24/7/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Great Job so far with the show. I have a web-series up on FearNET and I know it's not easy editing together something in a time restrained manner. Being in front of the camera, even if you have a small crew, is very nerve racking for the first few times but you easily get used to it. You forget the camera is there.

I love alternative media way more than the overly fancy stuff on cable networks. Not saying every aspect of those are bad, it's just here, there's less of a chance of egos getting in the way. I love the direct interaction from the readers and EVERYONE is involved even if some of the comments are negative. But that's the nature of this form.

This new online form of media truly is the future of News Media. It's more powerful than the overly scripted mainstream form with plenty of checks and balances and that's why TPTB want to control the internet.

Keep them coming. Oh, and the more kinks you work out the more you find. Every project I film there's always something new you learn that you would never expect.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Since there is a (so annoying) pop-up on the main page, could we let some space for actual stories?

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really, really loved it. It does keep getting better.

Julie: You have such a personable on screen presence that really draws me into your segments. I always find myself smiling when watching you and I thoroughly enjoy your laughing, your approach to the topics, and your 'friend to friend' presentation style. It's very endearing and I'm so glad to see a 'real' person discussing the issues instead of an MSM stiff-backed newsbot.

Although it feels like I live on ATS, it's really cool how your segments consist of the gems I somehow missed. Thanks for bringing those topics to our attention. And such a lovely British accent is the cherry on top.

Joe: Fantastic editing. You got this down in no time. My favorite is how you have the clips alternating between speaking and related external footage. Wonderful touches you put into it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
My favorite is how you have the clips alternating between speaking and related external footage. Wonderful touches you put into it.

I should add that I think that is a great addition to the show...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well done GIRLS!

You both did a great job and with each show are showing a great improvement. Listen to the positive and blow out the negative.

What you girls are doing is no easy task and we are watching you both grow,
What stuns me is how you both handle the negative, never once have I seen Ashley or Julie speak out of turn or got nuts back.

This is why they are the right girls.
They take it in... Make the changes... And show us how they listened.

And im in know doubt that they will continue to move forward and become more and more at ease with each show.

This is not MSN and I like that both these girls are REAL, they make mistakes just like any of us would.
Well done and we are proud of you for getting up there and taking all the heat that comes with being up there for everyone to sit back and judge.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i have to agree with how annoying the pop ups at the home page are. shove it down our throats already come on guys. the u2u's are enough we dont need this plastered on the home page. its worse than that stupid pop up when you log into msn.

in regards to the show i didnt realize it was a show about peoples opinions and not facts. news is supposed to be a factual reporting of the events with no emotion. please refrain from posting your opinion as fact as there are a lot of people that look to you guys for guidance.

over all a big improvement from the last 2 shows and i dont mean to be harsh i just think criticism with sugar glaze is pointless. if you ACTUALLY want to improve the show you need to take all criticism on board.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Tough watch.

The content might very well be great, but the professionalism needs to be picked up significantly.

My 2 bits.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join