It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Chicks 03: Raoul Moat Manhunt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Our third and "final" pilot episode of the Conspiracy Chicks is ready as we prepare for the official launch very soon. In this episode, Ashley and Julie cover several topics and open with coverage of the "Raoul Moat" manhunt incident in the UK, and also covers the NYPD police officer caught lying, artificial intelligence, citizens videotaping police, nuclear weapons proliferation, and much more.

Threads covered in the show:

SAS joins hunt for killer who's taunted police for five days

Busted by YouTube: Video seen by 2m proves police officer who claimed cyclist ran into him was LYING

Congressman introduces bill to protect citizens who videotape cops

A.I. declares conspiring to take over the planet is an IMPORTANT task

Sunlight does NOT cause skin cancer!

Nukes, Nukes and More Nukes!
edit on 12-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Great and informative stopped at the three minute mark though continuing for more.

(Keep up the good work!)

Edited to add S+F!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow hoo. They quoted my thread Good work girls
S&F

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Stopped at the 3 minute mark for me as well. Hmmm, I want to see more.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Stopped at the 3 minute mark for me as well. Hmmm, I want to see more.

That should be corrected now.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow. That was so smooth I was taken aback!

Good topics, well-chosen posts & tasteful visuals.

The basics are now right. Where do you go from here: Exclusive Interview with a Grey?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Wow. That was so smooth I was taken aback!

Good topics, well-chosen posts & tasteful visuals.
I agree. Excellent video! Actually the first one was a rightfully called a beta, but I think you already had the kinks worked out in the 2nd episode, this 3rd episode seems quite polished, good job!

If Microsoft got their betas half as good as the ATS beta before exiting the beta phase, the software world would be a better place! But that's another conspiracy topic!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

We were producing better than this at entry level college.

Care to submit the 3rd video you ever produced so others can be the judge?

It's a BETA, aka experiment. Given the rate of improvement in 3 episodes it will be top notch in a very short space of time.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

[edit on 23/7/10 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I get the impression these chicks are on opposite ends of the world or something. I liked how the beginning starts with both of the chicks talking and the screen switches. I felt like I was watching any new cast at that point. I must admit I didn't watch the whole thing though, as I was already familiar with every topic they brought up to discuss.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine

The show at present is poor. Reminds me of an amateur breakfast show or something. We were producing better than this at entry level college.

I have to agree with you here. I mean no disrespect to the conspiracy chicks or ATS but the show seems very amateur like you have just said. The stumbling over words, the back and forth topics between the two, and the sometimes laughter, makes the video just not seem professional.

I'm sure that things will improve and I do hope so because I believe that ATS sponsored videos on topics we present on the forum are important. Hopefully there will be improvement on the style of this broadcast journalism. The effort is there but it's lacking some seriousness, IMHO.

That being said I would like to thank you both for putting in the effort! It's not easy and hopefully some of the mistakes can be learned from!

EDIT to add a thank you for the effort

[edit on 23-7-2010 by changetheworld]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I must admit I didn't watch the whole thing though, as I was already familiar with every topic they brought up to discuss.
It was still interesting to hear their commentary even on the topics I was familiar with. For example I think Julie made some good points about the safety of sunscreen topic and Ashley made some good points about passing laws to make it legal to videotape police action when it should already be legal, and so on. They really do add their own insights to the topics instead of just regurgitating what's in the thread, that's what makes it interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

I suspect it was the personal remarks.

'Decorum' definition: 1. Appropriateness of behavior or conduct; propriety

It wasn't all constructive.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's a significant difference between providing your thoughts on what amounts to sharing a work-in-progress with members, and tossing about insults. If you're unable to discern the different, then perhaps ATS is not the best place for you to engage in discussion online.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
1 bit of advices girls ... with the first story about the man hunt ... try not to tell people how to feel about a subject or tell us what our reaction should be to an event. Trying to demonize the man without knowing all the details isn't very good reporting unless you're a part of the MSM ... he was accusing a police officer of sleeping with his girlfriend ... how do we know that a corrupt police official didn't trump up charges against the man to get him thrown in prison so he could steal his girlfriend and the mother of his children (ie broke up his whole family and now his kids are in social services, WTF ??).

The fact is we don't and you should let us make up our own minds instead of telling us how we should feel and acting like you know 100% what went down and the details involved ... try to avoid that if you can.

I hate people telling me how to feel about a subject it comes across as if your trying to manipulate us in a certain direction or emotional response and as i said before those are the tactics of the MSM and a lot of the reason why alot of ATS members speak out about it.

Other then that the show is getting a little better, I think Ashley has got it down a bit better then Julie, Ash seems alot more professional and someone I would actually listen to in real life, where as Julie seems to laugh way to much and add way to many personal opinions.

This post isn't meant as an attack on the girls just some advice i hope you guys read and take stock of

keep it up girls you'll get there eventually

ps: with the messing up lines thing .. hey that happens we are human ... i dunno if the girls do the editing or it is taken care of by another bunch of people. But some of the things should have definitely been picked up in editing. But hey its a beta right, maybe you guys should run 1 more beta just to iron things out as this will target an audience above and beyond ATS, and if it has the ATS label on it i would rather it go out there spick and span with no mistakes.

[edit on 23/7/10 by King Loki]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanks King, And I was just tying to give my thoughts on it but yet I will take that in to consideration in the future,

HeavenlyDivine,
We are real girls with real flaws, That's what makes us real here..
We are just like the 1000's of other members out there,

Let focus on the show itself rather than how I speak or mess up my lines lol
Yes it happens but heck I'm not perfect
and never claimed to be.

All we can do is improve with each show we do and we will.
Anyways thank you for taking the time to view the video.

Thank you for checking us out everyone.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by asala]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join