It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Heroes vs. the Westboro Baptist Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Ultimate Team-up...

Bender and Jesus!

Man when Bender and Jesus think you are a loser, well you have hit rock bottom!

ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD!

The Westboro Baptist church never stood a chance.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Absolutely Brilliant... About time the WBC were put in their place. Anyone else find it amusing that a group that claims to be following the bible in turn uses it to pass judgement on others. Bunch of hypocrites.

S&F

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Absolutely Brilliant... About time the WBC were put in their place. Anyone else find it amusing that a group that claims to be following the bible in turn uses it to pass judgement on others. Bunch of hypocrites.

S&F

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
WHAT A RIOT! Kudos to the group for showing Fred's gang of inbreds what's up.

I live just ways south of Topeka, KS, all his crap makes headlines here pretty frequently. Too bad this one didn't.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To the members of WBC:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faa82d2947ef.jpg[/atsimg]

To Phelps:

Place your hand on the doorknob, turn it firmly and step out of the closet.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Those "Christians" had a "God Hates You Sign"?!?!

That is not very Christian I must say,...these anti-christians making the rest of us who try hard to practice loving everyone look bad by association.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Just because you do not have anything now, it does not mean you are not worth suing.

Once somebody sues you and receives a judgment, they can wait several years or even decades to collect on that judgment. They amount they collect also increases at the legal interest rate, which is often very high. (Right now it can be over 10% per year!)

So let us say someone sues you and wins $100,000. They might not get to collect from you today if you are broke, but they might be able to collect over $200,000 ten years from now. Do you know where you will be ten years from now? Is it possible your career will take off and you will own a house, two cars, and have a family to support?

MBF

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
It would still give me satisfaction to put him in the hospital. If he wants to sue me for my 2001 Ford Focus, so be it.

But that is interesting, however. I was not aware he was a lawyer...

I think we would all chip in a couple of bucks each and buy you a NEW Ford Focus.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the irony i find...... is that they protest dead soldiers funerals and its the soldiers that have died that has given them the right to protest....let see them do that in china?

God must love stupid people because he made so many

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason I wanted to go this year! But you could ask me to guess this year's surprise SDCC attendee and Fred Phelps would be right below my dead grandmother.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
WBC!!

I managed, somehow, to get onto their website. I usually can't get on there, and once there, couldn't find a way to send them a message.

Anyway, I was looking at their protest schedule. Damn! No protests scheduled near me.

I want to so much start a counter protest against their nasty presence.

Loved Jesus at the convention, by the way! "Fred Phelps has issues."

For sure!

When I first learned of the Westboro Baptist Church's activities, I wanted to show up where ever they were, and punch some asshats in the face. Then I went to wanting to show up and, with help from others, hold up a barrier between them and the event they were protesting.

Now I just want to show up and carry humorous signs, wear a costume, whatever, and even stand with them. All the while just looking as absurd as they seem to be to me. And laugh. Laugh at them.

Nope, I won't change the members' minds who make up the WBC, but, maybe I can help them look more absurd than they already are.

God Hates F*gs! Really? Heh. NO, God does not hate f*gs. Other people hate them. And those "other people", well, they did not learn much in their lifetimes. Good luck on your next go round! You might want to hope for another go round........just saying, cuz you have mucked up big time this go round. Of course.........this is just my own humble opinion.......please don't send me to hell, WBC members!

Cuz I will return the favor............

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Revenge of the nerds comes to mind.

"NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!"

Woo hoo.

Yeah, not much else to say other than it is nice to see all these people showing up to counter protest against the crap that spews out of the mouth of the WBC...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
reply to post by SpectreDC

I don't advocate violence as a rule.

But if I ever run into Phelps he is going to bite the curb. Count on it.

You make your life's work increasing the suffering of people that are already suffering?

It would be well worth the time in jail to send him to the ICU.......

But you really should dress up like Jesus when you do it. It will be much more topical that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
This is very funny. These brave "nerds" have realized that the WBC protesters are nothing more than clowns, and the best way to combat clowns is with comedy.

"Satan's Cake Is a Lie"
"God Hates Sentries"

Those two made my day, thank you brave nerds,

oh man, am i a nerd for knowing what this means?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
super what???? wow this is useless to post on but i can't help it..... with all da snip] thats reallyo going on with the world we talk about comics...... wow!!!!!!!! lets use ats as we should to inform people of the real world not not some snip ink marks

Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 24/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecause
super what???? wow this is useless to post on but i can't help it..... with all da # thats reallyo going on with the world we talk about comics...... wow!!!!!!!! lets use ats as we should to inform people of the real world not not some fu ckin ink marks

Do you even know anything about the westboro's?

This is about important issues, one example is people taking things too seriously (like you in this post) and losing their sense of humour. Which is what most issues in this world starts from, people being too serious.

This thread was like a gift to the world showing us there is a light at the end of the tunnel , there are ways to repel "negativity" = get a sense of humour, haha.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Your quote:
"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." - Harry S. Truman

It makes sense because it 'sticks'; the S. as well, though not as 'apparent'.
Got it.....your point?

'Organ/ized' religion is just that; organized for no good reason.
To look Up and ask for answers takes no organization to do so.
There is no question a human can answer that a Creator can not satisfy.
You should know this; intuition, experience, common sense.

It makes sense because.....it makes Sense.
It is as the morning is to 'evening'.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Oh that is gold!

Cheers to those nerds for standing up to those intolerant ass hats.

And they did it the right way too. Be louder than them. I would hope that someone would organize a gay pride parade right around the compound these idiots call a church.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I cant believe a church practices so much hate!?!? Who cares if someone is gay or not!?!?! It is so hypocritacal in my mind for a church to act like that. Those people at Comic Con are awesome standing up to them like that! I cant believe people in this world still have so much hate for someone who is different than them. ITS 2010 PEOPLE!!! If you dont like what someone does...IGNORE IT! God Bless any homosexual!!!! GOD BLESS THE NERDS AT COMIC CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join