It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Nixon had become a G-Man? (Very Interesting-Fate can be funny sometimes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
On 23 April, 1937 Richard Nixon applied for a position in the FBI. According to his file, released through FOIA by the FBI, he almost got the job.

Photo submitted by Nixon with his FBI application.

The FBI’s application file on Nixon –who gained his political fame by attempting to expose the communist “plot” to take over Hollywood and investigating spies who allegedly hid state secrets in pumpkins– shows that he was an natural agent.

Nixon made a strong impression during his first interview with a FBI recruiting agent. He had a “good” (not “excellent”) appearance, dressed “neat” (not “flashy”), had “ordinary” features and had no “jowl physical defects.”

Sadly, due to a b(6) exemption, the section that listed which (if any) venereal diseases Nixon possessed has been redacted.

He was “self confident” and “well-poised,” but not “boastful.” He “quickly” answered questions in a “tactful” manner. In his spare time he said he took “an occasional social drink of liquor” and liked to play hand ball and poker. He was a poor typist but appeared to be “resourceful,” had no foreign accent, and -get this!- “perhaps” had “executive ability.”

"Perhaps" Nixon had executive ablity

Nixon’s character references were also glowing. A reference from Whittier College stated than Nixon had “unprecedented popularity.” A woman who rented him a room at Duke described him as “likable and trustworthy.” Nixon’s hometown neighbor described him as “a fine fellow who has never caused any trouble at any time.”

Despite his excellent application and references, Nixon did not get offered a job with the FBI. A 15 August 1937 form instructed the Bureau to, “cancel the appointment” with no explanation.

In 1954 Nixon gave a graduation speech to the FBI National Academy in which he mentioned that “he never heard anything from that application.” After this, the FBI reopened his file and determined that Nixon was not granted an appointment because he had expressed interest in taking the California Bar exam, which –apparently– interfered with the FBI’s inflexible timetable.
This FBI file certainly got one thing right: Dick Nixon possessed “outstanding ambition.”
Source: nsarchive.wordpress.com...

What can one say. The Lord works in mysterious ways? Fate? Destiny? Karma?
Whatever it was, he apparently was meant to become POTUS. And we know the rest from there. Or do we?

Seems like history can make a fool of most anyone. Yet, as time passes, it seems that Nixon was far better off than most-maybe the most sane.

I learned recently the he attended the Boheiman Grove gathering and then what he said when he returned. You can check all that out here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I see this next pic, I wonder what he was really like. Away from all the lights, cameras and people. I am betting extremely shy. Seriously.

Any ATS members know much about Nixon and can input. Would be appreciated.
The only memory I have of him was the day he left Washington after being impeached. Clearly there was much more to this man/president that we will never know. But, it was interesting to find this little bit about him.

Have a great (and HOT) weekend!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Nixon gave Elvis a G man badge, considering Elvis was wacked out on pills in those days that's kinda ironic.
Personally I am no fan of Nixon, but I think he was set up.
I think one of the radio hosts on GCN, Mike Revero said his father used to play poker with Nixon.
I'll try to recollect for sure which host it was...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When I was little I lived in San Clemente California which turned out to be the same town Nixon lived in. My good friends father had mowed his lawn frequently as a kid and said he was a very nice man. He payed well enough he grew up and ran the best lawn care service in town. I had asked some of the other townspeople about it and they said he was pretty ordinary and friendly when he came into town.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The only thing I know about Nixon is 4 things. He was the greatest president of the later 20th century, tied with Reagan, he lied, he was racist, and he was bloody brilliant. An odd collection of contradictions walking together.

The fact that he tried to join the FBI honestly does not surprise me.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I believe you have a good description of him.

Nicely put also!

new topics

top topics

join