It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson and Hamilton. Today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
In 1812 the 20 year Charter of the First National Bank expired.
That same year the British invaded Washington DC, and burned it down.
The war of 1812 was fought over the issue of renewing Rothchilds charter on the central Bank of America.

What makes you believe that? Surely there is more than just the temporal correlation that convinces you, right? (As noted it was 1811 so no exaxt corrolation also as others noted that the charter would expire was pretty obvious at least since 1808 if I remember correctly...

Correlation is not causation. So.. What's your basis for writing that?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I still need to sit down and watch that series. If such a conversation/debate took place it only exemplifies the fact that we are not, as much as I wish we were, a 'perfect' nation. Even after we were born we disagreed about a great number of things.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Also to note the different philosophies behind the revolution coming from John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.

Jefferson was salivating over a popular uprising that was becoming the French Revolution. No matter how bloody or misguided, he had a deep hatred for French Monarchy and their system that he wanted it to come down by any means necessary. Contrasted to John Adams, who thought the path the French were taking was entirely a misstep and would just lead to a bloody and horrendous outcome with nothing to show.

The book, along with the series should be on top of every American's reading list. The level of competency is probably around a 6th grade level (which I guess nowadays is equivalent to either 12th grade or higher)

Understanding that the passion for freedom and liberty came from John Adams, was written by the eloquent hand of Jefferson, persuaded by Franklin and lead by Washington. Truly amazing to see just how much the 'stars aligned' in such a moment of history to create one of the most radical nation built upon old and new ideas of the world before them.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Indeed. It's too bad we let fictitious tv show claims about their beliefs go on without challenging them ourselves from clear and obvious sources. Jefferson was an anarchist who desired the most minimum styled government and an agriculture advocate (and in theory, we could have supplied the world's food and become a very powerful industrialized nation still without the need for crowded cities), Adams was a federalist whom desired government present to do things and to show his force, and Franklin was a man whom was like their mentor and truly the father of the founding fathers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join