It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel and Hatch in Antarctica? Thunderbirds are Go!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I found this image on George Filer's website and it looks intriguing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f7b24a73418.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/817113842527.jpg[/atsimg]

I checked it out on Google Maps and it still looks like the secret lair of a James Bond villain! Whether trick of the eye or some distortion of perspective, it appears to be an entrance with a hatch cover.

You can see the original image posted at Filer's Files...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/817113842527.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa0122679bab.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/940e13c1f008.jpg[/atsimg]

No doubt it's just a natural feature of the Antarctic landscape. Perhaps it's a lava tube like the one from last year's thread by Tauristercus...Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica. Nevertheless, I thought it was worth sharing with ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
THat is a giant Ice clam
They are all over the area

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I Picture an old grumpy reptilian screaming

"Close that hatch im not paying to heat the nieghborhood !What were you raised in a barn!!"

~meathead

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I hope it's a US governamnt secret base. If we haven't put one there yet, someone isn't doing their job spending the black ops budget

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
sorry man. Not seeing it

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Cool idea... But its been debunked here on ATS already! Its a pool of black [i.e contails ground up rock] glacial ice.

Here is why...

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica (by tauristercus) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

Edited to clarify type of ice. soz

[edit on 23-7-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think that's actually the exactly the same thing we saw before. It still looks like an ice/meltwater pond to me.
lh6.ggpht.com...

The Bunger Hills area is quite flat with numerous similar features...about 30 miles north of the "hatch"...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

First off, good pics! I do like a bit of 'mystery hole in the ground' action.

As for these being debunked.... Oooo er actually no it hasn't.... there's already a thread about similar 'holes' but to say they've already been debunked is taking it a bit far...

One of the things that *really really* annoys me about ATS is exactly this type of reply.... "there's already a thread, it's been debunked, nothing to see here, move along."

A few faceless people offering a vaguely plausible explanation doesn't qualify a subject as 'debunked.' Someone would physically need to go and, you know, have an actual evidence finding expedition like scientists used to in the olden days.

Having a degree in google (as people like Phage etc appear to have) does not make you an expert in anything. How do we know that anyone here is qualified to debunk anything?

Surely this place is a forum to exchange views and ideas on odd things, it's not somewhere that any remotely intelligent person would expect to find hard answers.

Any hard answers offered should be treated the same as you would if you'd read it in a tabloid, or from some random guy on the street.

All that aside, you're yet another example of people not reading to the end of the original post! The OP linked to same thread you did in his last sentence.

Apologies for the gentle rant, but come on... grr.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Never mind.

The post I was replying to was deemed off topic.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
yeah that looks like what youre saying it is. im not seeing a meltwater debunker whatever, i tried to see it but even trying that garbage with my eyes out of focus
but i completely back the OP

great pics as well S+F

[edit on 23-7-2010 by poisonedYouth]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Phage

You fail phage dosent ops image at all.
why dont you give up?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

He said he THINKS it could be an ice pond...not sure how an opinion of a rational explanation is a fail.

Did the hollow Earth people leave their door open

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

Explanation: OK! Now I'm really

Seriously..Go Discuss this issue there... that is why THAT thread exists!

IMO it was debunked by the ATS membership to quite high and rigorous standards! I KNOW because I participated in it!!!

Similar holes???
... ITS THE SAME HOLE!!!

Now... as for me being an expert, you assume far too much!

I'm going to risk a warn or
etc. [
] and post my Disclaimer which used to be at the head of ALL my posts until I was kindly asked to stop by the mod's, and I have, but I now feel it is a great time and valid issue to refresh everybodies memory on it...

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor. All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

READ it
!!!

Now this issue is totally valid to discuss in that thread that both the OP and I linked... but seriously what does alluding to a tunnel and hatch in antarctica have to do with fragile earth forums unless already proven to be true???
There are other forums for that! Oh and The issues is already being discussed there! So

Personal Disclosure: I'm NOT FACELESS! Here is why...

I won a BTS Talent Contest and here is my winning entry...

OmegaLogos's BTS Factor Contest Winning Entry Video [ATS]

You're preposted apology was a soft as your arguments!

GROW UP! :shk:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Seriously..Go Discuss this issue there... that is why THAT thread exists! IMO it was debunked by the ATS membership to quite high and rigorous standards! I KNOW because I participated in it!!! Similar holes??? ... ITS THE SAME HOLE!!!

It's not the same hole and all the emoticons you can infest your posts with won't change that fact. The coordinates are different and I posted a link to the same thread in my OP. Check it out...no edits.

You haven't compared the images in this OP to the ones in Tauristercus' OP. If you want to add anything that isn't full of animated BS and hysteria, you'll have to try harder.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It's not the same hole, so my point was simply that it wasn't accurate to say it's been debunked. I think I then went on to make the point that the thread you linked to (that the original poster had already linked to in his post) hadn't been 'debunked' either, mainly cause there's nothing to debunk....

It's an interesting formation that could be any one of a million things. Until one of us physically goes there we won't know. I don't think any of us are experts in interpreting aerial photographs, and even if we were there'd still be debate as to what they are. I don't buy that they're lava tubes (that needs a volcano nearby afaik), nor black ice pools (the geometry doesn't work, at least not in my eyes).

I much much prefer the idea that they're entrances to a giant secret underground lair housing hyperdimensional insects from Sirius, sent here to stop the great 21st Century Earth Fly Swatting Genocide. I imagine the tunnels are made by giant moles.

Don't be angry. If you really are angry you should seriously question *why* you're angry - I think what I said was valid, if perhaps a bit harsh. Sorry for being harsh.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage... I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have any formal training in interpreting aerial photographs? I've seen you do it in a lot of threads but I'm not sure what to make of your posts. Are you an expert of some kind or are you just offering a laymans interpretation?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm not even gonna say what i think that looks like.

*whistles innocently*

[edit on 23-7-2010 by skitzspiricy]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Explanation: Lets not make this about me shall we... ad hominens and all that...lets address this Hole ....

You are incorrect... upon extremely close scrutiny they are EXACTLY the same holes...

I DON'T apologize unreservedly!

From That exact same thread we both linked too...

The Original Hole Sourced from The thread we linked to 66 36' 12.58"S 99 43' 12.72"E ...

The 2nd Hole [its extremely close twin visually and by proximity as well!]
Sourced from your post above!
66 36' 12.96"S 99 43' 12.00"E TWIN hole? Nope its the SAME!

Exactly 0 meters and on heading 0 degrees from the Original hole!

OMG! its true! Another Black ice pond in the same area in the same conditions as the hole nearly 0km away!

So whats new???

Personal Disclosure: So you posted a thread with info that is REPLICATING BS and is now taking credit away from tauristercus and every other member who partook in that thread. I for one definately don't appreciate having to REPOST all the information I used last time to debunk it here!

Stop riding unfairly on other members coat tails!

Edited 8km into 0km... That I am sorry for

[edit on 23-7-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

In spite of your obnoxious posting style and idiotic overuse of !!! ??? and emoticons...you're correct.

The images are the same.

So you posted a thread with info that is REPLICATING BS and is now taking credit away from tauristercus and every other member who partook in that thread. I for one definately don't appreciate having to REPOST all the information I used last time to debunk it here! Stop riding unfairly on other members coat tails!

You have a charming way with words. I also posted on that thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've alerted the Mods to close the thread. Thanks for the replies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join