It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War Crimes: Cancer rate in Fallujah worse than Hiroshima

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Look mate what are you on about?
Sadam signed a cesefire document that had as it's conditions the right to resume hostilities at any time if certain criteria were met, and they were met.
The first time he painted coalition aircraft with aa radar, that was enough, THe first time he refused tio provide requested documentation that was enough. Read the document, it is short enough even for a rab to understand, so you may have a chance at it too.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
I was at fallujah.

Come get me and hold me responsible for whatever you think I did wrong.

I'm personally not going beyond my keyboard....

...but post your name and address and see how far you get with that statement amongst the general public.

Fallujah was a sick, sick, sick event and it is only creating more sickness each and every day.

rather than "come and get me" you should be apologetic and remorseful.

change in sex ratio
extra fingers
hump backs
stub deformities
facial mal alignments
missing eyes
conjoined twins

good job soldier, check the link for your results:

pretty pictures

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I'm personally not going beyond my keyboard....

...but post your name and address and see how far you get with that statement amongst the general public.

Why? Hoping someone visits his house and shoots him? Internet tough guy. Hoping someone visits harm on another person. And then you mew and whine about what happened in Fallujah. I think that comes under the catagory of "hypocrite".

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Fallujah was a sick, sick, sick event and it is only creating more sickness each and every day.

rather than "come and get me" you should be apologetic and remorseful.

I love the rocket scientists on ATS. Yeah, they used WP in Fallujah to mark targets and smoke screens. DU is for tearing up bunkers and armor. Both can be terrible weapons, and ATS loves to get on their freakin' high horse and whine about "US War Crimes" and "Violations of the Geneva Convention".

How about using that wonderful GC against the insurgents that were using civilians as human shields, taking cover in mosques, hospitals and homes, which are all violations of the GC and LOAC.

But of course, it's never the fault of the insurgents. They are all just innocents and it's the big, bad US military that's always at fault. Funny, last time I checked, "Explosive packed car bomb" isn't on the TO&E of any US military unit, and setting them off in a market place and intentionally killing women and children isn't part of our TTPs.

Rant off.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Did the US invade pockystan? No. Are they killing each other there? Yes. Have they been doing it for years? Yes.
Did sadam kill off the other sects for years? Yes
I rest my case.
As you WELL know, each moozie sect leader# thinks the others are apostate infidels and therefore fit for killin.

So what was the answer?

You didn't answer my question lol.

I heard that argument in FOX news once, then I thought, ummmm, that is an argument, not an answer.

And the same argument can be applied to the US.

Hey, Americans are killing Americans, and raping each other, and Raping kids then dumping their bodies in trash cans, Priests are molesting kids, gang wars, millions have been imprisoned by their corrupt government etc.

So all that being said, does it give China the right to invade the US, and in response and full blown civil war which kills over a million Americans?

And then you ask me, would there be a civil war in the US if China didn't invade it?

And I reply:

Did the US invade Mexico? No. Are they killing each other there? Yes. Have they been doing it for years? Yes.

And Saddam was a puppet of the US, remember? It was the US who implemented that coup against Qassim who was chosen Democratically.

Ohh sh1t, is that history?

but ofcurse, people forget who, and what Saddam was, who was pulling his strings, until he managed to cut the strings off.

Remember when Saddam was killing Kurds and Shiits, who was its best ally? Yes, the US, and it was the West who was giving Saddam WMD, and Bio-Chemical Weapons at that exact time, when Saddam was murdering hundreds of thousands of people.

And it was US who vetoed the condemnation of Saddam, and Iraq in the UN.

It was the US who told Saddam to attack Iran. Supplied Saddam with weapons to kill thousands of innocent Iranians.

It was the US who helped and supported a murderer throughout his murdering spree, but when he stopped murdering, the US took him. There is no need for a dog who doesn't bite. Saddam was the DOG.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Poison DUst is a good documentary. The difference between mining Uranium and DU is that mining doesn't get it in the air. When a DU shell hits a target is creates dust pretty much that can be inhaled. Not so with mining.... common sense really

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I can see from the way you debate this subject that you have no grasp of morality what so ever, and that you are biased against the persons being affected by this tragic set of circumstances.
I believe you are probably an islamophobe , that makes you just as bad as a nazi in my book. Slamming all the ignorance you can into your attitude toward this subject, make your words ugly, and your opinions invalid. You have abandoned all the qualities of compassion and understanding which seperate humanity from apes , and that makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by fleetlord

Data has been avaliable for years on this. There was an article (2006, I think) that stated the radiation levels in Fallujah were 100,000 times as much as those in post-war Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Who took the readings what was the RAD reading?

100,000 times? This is simply not possible.

Insane number, isn't it? Here's an article that claims 25% of newborns in Fallujah have serious abnormalities: www.globalresearch.ca...

This is sick. I have seen horrible things in the world, both physical and psychological, but the horrors of having your child come out of the womb with extreme mutations is the sickest f*cking thing that war has ever produced. I would prefer the massacre of my people over having my people reproduce into what is now the radiated remains of Fallujah. Anyone who supports this campaign is a waste of sperm, proven by their ability to project their own inadequacies as human beings into the lives of innocent people.

And people support this, blindly, and without emotion because it will never happen in fortress America.

www.globalresearch....now there is a responsible news agency for you. I would certainly not believe anything they said.

It makes me laugh, they said Fallujah could not be taken. Certainly a sore spot for them now.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I can see from the way you debate this subject that you have no grasp of morality what so ever, and that you are biased against the persons being affected by this tragic set of circumstances.
I believe you are probably an islamophobe , that makes you just as bad as a nazi in my book. Slamming all the ignorance you can into your attitude toward this subject, make your words ugly, and your opinions invalid. You have abandoned all the qualities of compassion and understanding which seperate humanity from apes , and that makes me sick.

Well if it helps just look at it as a bunch of apes fighting some other apes. Fallujah was a dump and got more attention than it deserved.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Why? Hoping someone visits his house and shoots him? Internet tough guy.

I'm not "hoping" anything happens. I'm simply pointing out how ridiculous it was to come to a thread with scientific evidence supporting atrocity and to say, neener neener neener... I did it... "come and get me".

How about using that wonderful GC against the insurgents that were using civilians as human shields, taking cover in mosques, hospitals and homes, which are all violations of the GC and LOAC.

and at the end of the day... a few human shields were killed... and a many mosques and civilians killed as well...

... and then the next day came... and the situation had past; it was over.

What the US has done throughout the middleast with its DU tipped bullets will last for generations and generations to come, causing neonatal deformities for as far as you can imagine into the future.

That is an entirely different scale of travesty... and to commit such travesty while claiming to have international "moral high ground" is disgraceful.

But of course, it's never the fault of the insurgents. They are all just innocents and it's the big, bad US military that's always at fault.

Rant off.

The insurgents may have not been "right", however the forewarned evil of US use of WP and DU going unheard is clearly and unequivocally wrong.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is the thing about this for me: it is obvious that we should not be doing this. The word "uranium" is the flashing red light of a hint.

On this very forum I have had people berate me for ignoring their science on the matter when i say that using DU rounds is wrong (it was on the Wikileaks thread about the chopper gunner shooting the cameraman). It was insinuated by some people that i might be stupid or ignorant for shrugging them off in favor of my own common sense.

The thing is, I am not Einstein. But I am not stupid, either. When someone uses that tactic, it is the first hint that I may be right.

We will see with the DP. Who knows. Maybe they have just used low yield nukes or something. who knows, like i said.

But this seems very damning.

And, like i said, the word "Uranium" in the name is all you need to know.

When will people stop listening to the agenda driven science of the military? Of course they will say it is harmless.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would like to see some info on this "100,000" % higher rad count in Fallujah. Its just nonsence.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This just again shows how stupid those in control are, and how stupid the general publis has been to let things go this far.

This is, was great ideal spread posion all over a country, and this shows how stupid and in control the Muslins in Iraq and Afganistan are.

They could be putting this stuff to better use, as shelding in the fast breeder reactors to make more plutonium, then they could really posion the earth and kill everyone.

These people are not human, but power hungry monsters.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think it may be a LITTLE premature to start saying that DU ammunition is the definite reason why this is happening.

There COULD also be another explanation as to why this is happening, ...

(Here's from a two year old article)
U.S. Secretly Takes Yellowcake From Iraq

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program - a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" - the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment - was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

And where was "huge stockpile" of narural uranium?

What is now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Baghdad

Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center s less than 50 miles from Fallujah.

An easy trip for somebody in Fallujah to go scavenging/looting for things, ...

U.S. and Iraqi forces have guarded the 23,000-acre (9,300-hectare) site - surrounded by huge sand berms - following a wave of looting after Saddam's fall that included villagers toting away yellowcake storage barrels for use as drinking water cisterns.

I'm not the one doing testing in Iraq to see what is causing all these health problems in Fallujah, but you can't just blame DU ammunition and totally ignore all other possibilities that may be affecting, or already has affected, the peoples health in Fallujah.

Here's a little more info on the looting/scavenging of Tuwaitha Nuclear Complex, ...

Iraqi Nuclear Site Is Found Looted

The most important looted nuclear site, less than a mile down the road, is the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center, where U.N. weapons inspectors had catalogued tons of partially enriched uranium and natural uranium -- metals suitable for processing into the core of a nuclear weapon. Iraqi civilians have stripped it of computers, furniture and much equipment; whether dangerous nuclear materials were taken is unknown.

Nuclear Watchdog Fears Terrorist Dirty Bomb After Looting at al-Tuwaitha

United Nations nuclear inspectors, barred from Iraq by Washington, are increasingly worried that the widespread looting and ransacking of Iraq's nuclear facilities may result in terrorists building a radioactive "dirty bomb".
******SKIP******
The main worry revolves around the fate of at least 200 radioactive isotopes which were stored at the sprawling al-Tuwaitha nuclear complex, 15 miles south of Baghdad. It has seen widespread looting, and reports from Baghdad speak of locals making off with barrels of raw uranium and the isotopes which are meant for medical or industrial use.

Cont'd

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Cont'd

Iraq's Nuke Poisoning Worries

Shortly after the collapse of Saddam Hussein's government on April 9, villagers stormed the sprawling site and looted barrels and jugs filled with hazardous materials.

U.S. military officials, currently conducting a damage assessment at the site, said Tuesday that 20 percent of the known radioactive materials stored at the facility are missing.

Fullujah was one of Saddam loyalists strongholds and only 50 miles from a nuclear research facility!

Could it be the these Saddam Loyalists were the ones who looted this nuclear research complex and stole the missing radioactive material that went missing, brought it back to Fallujah, thereby contaminating various areas or even food and drinking water, in order to sell the material on the black market or to make into dirty bombs themselves?

I don't have the answer as to why these people are getting sick or who caused it, but I think it's a little early, and there's not enough proof or tests done yet to start pointing fingers at the exact cause, and WHO caused these health issues going on in Fallujah now.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And then again, maybe it's the old "Chemical Plant" that used to be in Fallujah that's causing these health problems, ...

Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction Programs - CIA.gov

Fallujah II was one of Iraq's principal CW precursor production facilities before the Gulf war. In the last two years the Iraqis have upgraded the facility and brought in new chemical reactor vessels and shipping containers with a large amount of production equipment. They have expanded chlorine output far beyond pre-Gulf war production levels—capabilities that can be diverted quickly to CW production. Iraq is seeking to purchase CW agent precursors and applicable production equipment and is trying to hide the activities of the Fallujah plant.
******SKIP******
The Fallujah III Castor Oil Production Plant is situated on a large complex with an historical connection to Iraq's CW program. Of immediate BW concern is the potential production of ricin toxin

Fallujah - Wikipedia

Fallujah was heavily industrialised during the Saddam era, with the construction of several large factories, including one closed down by United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) in the 1990s that may have been used to create chemical weapons

Britain's Dirty Secret

Spy satellite pictures of Falluja 2 identifying it as a chemical weapons site were earlier published by the CIA, and a report by Britain's joint intelligence committee, published with Tony Blair's imprimatur last September, also focused on Falluja 2 as a rebuilt plant "formerly associated with the chemical warfare programme".

UN weapons inspectors toured the Falluja 2 plant last December and Hans Blix, the chief inspector, reported to the security council that the chemical equipment there might have to be destroyed.

Fallujah II / Habbaniyah II

Baghdad continuously rebuilt and expanded dual-use infrastructure that it could divert quickly to CW production. The best examples were the chlorine and phenol plants at the Fallujah II facility. Both chemicals have legitimate civilian uses but also are raw materials for the synthesis of precursor chemicals used to produce blister and nerve agents.

So, it could also be contamination from the chemicals that this chemical plant used that were buried and may now be leaking, that may be the cause of all the health problems, ...

Fallujah a Saddam WMD History

Fallujah might just be a ruptured chemical weapons of mass destruction cask
******SKIP******
What is most troubling in this, is if this is Saddam WMD, this means his containers were buried near water supply and drainage. It means the containers have approximately a 10 year earth life, and that expired several years ago.
Iraq very well can have dozens of these sites rupturing over then next decade contaminating ground water and river water, and no one will notice until the deformed children start appearing.

Orrr, .... maybe it was the "rebels" themselves in Fallujah who "inadvertently" caused the health problems we are seeing now!

Fallujah Rebels Threaten Use of Chemical Weapons

AS the US reeled from the death of nine marines in Iraq at the weekend, insurgents in Fallujah claimed to have obtained chemical weapons and threatened to use them in any battle for control of the rebel stronghold.

So, in my mind it is a little difficult to pinpoint EXACTLY who or what is causing these health problems in Fallujah.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

So Baghdad is not effected but Falluja is? Or am I wrong in saying Baghdad is not effected?

12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Baghdad

Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center s less than 50 miles from Fallujah.

So it is 12 miles South of Baghdad, but 50 miles away from Fallujah, yet Fallujah is effected but not Baghdad. If Baghdad is also effected that your what you are saying holds more weight.

The Chemical weapon factory which was created by the Britain. A key point you left out from your post, so we should ask Britain what kind of Chemical weapons were produced in that factory, and what harms could it pose to the population of Fallujah, to figure out whether it is those CW or not.

A chemical plant which the US says is a key component in Iraq's chemical warfare arsenal was secretly built by Britain in 1985 behind the backs of the Americans, the Guardian can disclose.
Documents show British ministers knew at the time that the £14m plant, called Falluja 2, was likely to be used for mustard and nerve gas production.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
So Baghdad is not effected but Falluja is? Or am I wrong in saying Baghdad is not effected?
******SKIP******
So it is 12 miles South of Baghdad, but 50 miles away from Fallujah, yet Fallujah is effected but not Baghdad. If Baghdad is also effected that your what you are saying holds more weight.

I wasn't saying that Fallujah was affected because the plant was leaking!

I was pointing out that the plant was LOOTED, Fallujah had ALOT of hard core Saddam followers there (after all isn't that where Saddam was born?) that could have looted "hazardous material" from the place for money on the black market to finance their resistance or to make dirty bombs, and brought "some sort" of hazardous material back to Fallujah from there.

It is a fact this nuclear facility was looted!

It would have been easier for them to do this from Fallujah than Baghdad since Baghdad was the hub/headquarters of the US/coalition at that time.

I'm just pointing out other scenarios of how Fallujah may have gotten contaminated by some kind of hazardous materials.

What really needs to be done is testing in Fallujah to find out EXACTLY what is affecting these people and how and who brought it there before everybody starts pointing fingers and acting like they know exactly what happened without the proof!

Maybe it is the DU ammo that contaminated Fallujah and is now causing these health problems, but NOBODY knows for sure yet until we get some indisputable scientific proof.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh I'm sooo bad, for sticking up for my own, for pointing out that the cease fire document was the ONLY authority with terms agreed to by sadam and so signed, and broken by him almost immediately and on a daily basis for a decade.
Yeah, I hate those that wish me dead, and you dont?
Call out some more names and epiphets to avoid the most salient point while your at it, it makes me feel so naughty. Most likely cause of alleged cancers is inbreading, uncapability to comprehend sanitation and zoonotic venerial disease.
One of us is a dhimmi-wit for not sticking to the topic, and only one of us is qualified to pass diagnosis of personality defects..

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

#1. Birth Place of Saddam was Tikrit which is 140 km North West of Baghdad.
#2. t3.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcSBnENRJZuYHAMY5jEGfZKR8C2R-WmwIXt3QtvIlJ4xF-lZ0as&t=1&usg=__3Z2rYx7uL3d9lPA_uegfUSGtoWM=
Fallujah is in the Sunni triangle as they called it. They are against occupation, they weren't against the removal of Saddam.

The material was stolen right after the invasion:

When the US took control of Iraq on 9 April 2003, Tuwaitha and other nuclear sites were not properly secured. Occupying forces also failed to conduct an inventory of materials at any of the sites.

Just one day later, the door of one storage area at Tuwaitha was found breached. The IAEA asked US forces to secure the storage facility sometime after April 11 but, by May 3 when US forces conducted a site survey, they were still letting scores of "workers" enter and take whatever they liked. Seven sites associated with Iraq's nuclear program have been visited by the Pentagon's special nuclear programs' teams since the war ended, and all showed signs of "looting".

Residents living near Tuwaitha reportedly took barrels of nuclear material, known as "yellowcake", and other containers because they needed them to store food, water, milk and yoghurt. They didn’t know the barrels were radioactive and toxic and that they were exposing themselves to severe risk. Witnesses report seeing people carrying containers and emptying low-level radioactive contents into the soil or local water supplies. Warning signs to the local community were limited and only written in English. Some of the looted material is now being returned to a nearby mosque for storage, but it has not been contained.

Local doctors are concerned that people are showing signs of radiation sickness. Dr. Jaafar Nasser Suhayb, who runs a nearby clinic, said that over a five-day period he treated about 20 patients...

Read those claims, and rethink your theory.

Tuwaitha is less than 50 miles from Fallujah

Then examine this estimation and make more conclusions.

In order for your theory to be taken in to consideration, you must answer these three questions.
- Was American troops in Tuwaitha when the looting took place?
- Was American troops in Baghdad when the looting took place?
- Was American troops in Fallujah when the looting took place?

I don't even think this is your theory, I'm starting to think it is CBS, am I right ^^

[edit on 28-7-2010 by oozyism]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
#1. Birth Place of Saddam was Tikrit which is 140 km North West of Baghdad.

Sorry, my bad.

Fallujah is in the Sunni triangle as they called it. They are against occupation, they weren't against the removal of Saddam.

Never said they were against Saddam!

Originally posted by Keyhole
Cont'd
Fullujah was one of Saddam loyalists strongholds and only 50 miles from a nuclear research facility!

Could it be the these Saddam Loyalists were the ones who looted this nuclear research complex and stole the missing radioactive material that went missing, brought it back to Fallujah,

Originally posted by Keyhole
I was pointing out that the plant was LOOTED, Fallujah had ALOT of hard core Saddam followers there

Originally posted by oozyismI don't even think this is your theory, I'm starting to think it is CBS, am I right ^^

Nope, me investigating a little bit to see if there MAY have been some other source of their health problems in Fallujah, after all, I never heard of health problems any where else in the world where they have used DU ammo before, like Yugoslavia and Afghanistan.

Not saying DU might not be the cause of their health problems, just looking into other scenarios that MIGHT be causing this problem.

Have you seen this on CBS?

Maybe they read ATS posts also!

[edit on 7/29/2010 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join