It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War Crimes: Cancer rate in Fallujah worse than Hiroshima

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

US War Crimes: Cancer rate in Fallujah worse than Hiroshima

www.globalresearch.ca

According to the authors of a new study, “Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009,” the people of Fallujah are experiencing higher rates of cancer, leukemia, infant mortality, and sexual mutations than those recorded among survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the years after those Japanese cities were incinerated by US atomic bomb strikes in 1945.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I call this genocide. Illness and genetic damage is also occurring in the children of U.S. soldiers. Children of male Gulf War veterans are born with twice the usual rate of birth defects. In female veterans, the rate is three times normal, with double the rate of miscarriages. The suffering gets re-imported. The U.S. dropped 375 tons of DU on Iraq during the first Gulf War, and 2,200 tons during the current invasion.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
White phosphorus was a very relevant factor in Fallujah too. What they did to the people in Fallujah is a war crime and a crime against humanity.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There's an old thread of mine here, that I posted several years back about depleted uranium. The government started getting alot of heat for using it from the international community so apparently they have started using it to irradiate our imported food products.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
do you know whats sicker than what they did in fallujah? the fact that no one will ever be held responsible. no one will be brought to justice and further more it will happen again!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Article says DU is used because it is twice as dense and volatile as lead cores... I thought it was a warcrime to intentionally use a toxic substance such as lead in ammo intended to kill humans

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... I want to have an opinion of this, but I don't think there is enough data for me. Think about it, the record-taking capabilities of an area that has suffered an atomic attack would be nowhere near the record-taking capabilities that exist in an area that hasn't. Also, factor in the superior technology chiefly in the form of the internet, and the cases that are recorded are spread everywhere fairly quickly.

This does not excuse the terrible things that have been done, War should not be about how much cancer you can cause...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Lead and mercury were used, there was some kind of "green bullet" testing of some sort, without lead. Don't know where that ended up.

Here's the link with some info on it, I haven't read it though:
U.S. Military “Green Bullet”

reply to post by teashades

Here's a good thread about DU:

Poison DUst: Depleted Uranium Kills

Some "educated" people say that DU is as or less poisonous as lead. But they don't understand just how persistent and "effective" DU is. They don't accept the field results as factual data (deaths, sickness, anomalies, deformations etc). It was similar with atomic bombs, people and scientists knew little about the effects until they tested it in Japan, results were above all expectations. We the people never learn from history but consider ourselves educated and not ignorant.

We say "MSM hides these truths" but we overly ignore these topics on ATS too. Why should MSM talk about things people don't like when it only gets them bad ratings.

I say we "ignore" because, like others, this thread gets so little flags. So far, it got just one (mine).

[edit on 23/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Data has been avaliable for years on this. There was an article (2006, I think) that stated the radiation levels in Fallujah were 100,000 times as much as those in post-war Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I know that getting shot with a lead bullet gives you a good chance of getting lead poisoning in optimal conditions (obviously not like in combat in a desert).

Though I assumed that standard ammo the world over focuses on having steel-core FMJs because they seem to be the safest way to get shot

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmmmm, this reminded me of some reading I did recently about HED physics and also Nutron bomb tech, and whether something like that may have been used?

The last thread I was looking at that on was at Truth1000's thread HED Physics and look at Nutron and thermal bombs....here's a snippet of one of Truth1000s posts in that thread, page .1:

"Hot fusion" has been proven, but only in thermonuclear weapons. In fact, that is why they are called "THERMO"-nulear weapons. A fission weapon creates the heat required to allow the fusion part of the weapon to function. Always before, only the heat of a fission weapon can create a hot enough environment for fusion to occur on a significant basis. That is why HED physics is so unique. HED physics can create a localized temperature high enough to replicate the heat at which the fusion portion of a nuclear weapon kicks in. This, potentially, would allow a fusion weapon without the fission device. THAT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, because it could revolutionize future nuclear weapons. It could, potentially, create a selective-yield weapon that could be tuned-up or tuned-down to allow a selective yield, depending on the target being selected. It could even allow a "small" fusion device, perhaps as low as a 500 kt yield, or even less. The lower the yield, the more likely it is to be used! Because it would be a fusion device, it would be a "clean" nuclear weapon, and as such, a weapon that could be functionally used on a battlefield, rather than as a massive weapon that would NOT be useful, if you had your own troops in the area. I can't discuss the classified aspects of what this capability would be, but it is so important, it is very frustrating that no one seems interested in this.

Hmmm, not entirely sure that D.U. munitions alone convinces me, as much as the possibility that also small number of high tech nuclear derivative weapons may have been deployed also...?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Is there any proof besides this website? Any other sources?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
do you know whats sicker than what they did in fallujah? the fact that no one will ever be held responsible. no one will be brought to justice and further more it will happen again!

I was at fallujah.

Come get me and hold me responsible for whatever you think I did wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not going to say that this isn't related to the war....BUT, how do we know that this isn't the result of actions taken under the Hussein regime that caused this? I mean, it's not like Saddam was above using chemicals on his own people....not to mention, Iraq isn't exactly the cleanliest place in the world.

Just Sayin'

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

There was a documentary made in Australia I think called, "Blowing in the Wind". I haven't seen it but you might be able to look for it on you tube. It's about DU and how it moves around the planet, not especially about Fallujah.

Maybe I will just buy it and see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

You could have been exposed to DU contamination. Without trying to be too personal, do you think you have suffered any bad effects? I think that DU stuff is really dangerous.

One guy that is on Alex Jones' radio show sometimes says he has had an open sore on his arm for the longest time, he was military, he thinks it was from DU.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wake up for Christ`s sake.
Everyone knows perfectly well what went on.
Dont use excuses for the tyranny of the US and UK.
We as people have kept quiet for too long.
We`ve let greed become an excuse for murder and occupation.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

According to the World Health Organizations, its all bullocks. DU is dangerous if you're in the immediate area and inhale the dust, but even then its expelled within a couple days. Lethal levels would require you to have been in the blast radius, which means you're dead anyway.

www.who.int...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wake up for Christ`s sake.

That's the most overused statement on ATS. I'm awake. The difference between you and me is that I don't take things at face value, especially a single source internet article. Where is the empirical evidence? Case studies? Lab reports? Pre-war statistics?

Everyone knows perfectly well what went on.
Dont use excuses for the tyranny of the US and UK.
We as people have kept quiet for too long.
We`ve let greed become an excuse for murder and occupation.

I know perfectly well what went on. I despise the Iraq & Afghanistan wars. Certainly atrocities were committed that are far beyond our comprehension. However, I will not blindly accept allegations such as those in the article of the OP without much scientific scrutiny.

So, I'd appreciate it if you get off my back. I didn't call the OP or the author of the article a liar; rather I offered up other ideas that are just as plausible to be the culprit of the Cancer, Infant Mortality, etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Lets see.

When I get angry people tell me I grow really big, turn green and smash a bunch of stuff.

I don't believe them even though I cant remember any of it.

As for the guy on Alex Jones.

Tell him to stop picking at his sore and it will heal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join