It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darth Vader Robs Bank!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

New York (CNN) -- Long Island may be far from the Death Star, but that didn't stop Darth Vader from paying a less-than-friendly visit to a bank in East Setauket, New York.

Www.Cnn.com

... Now this is just hilarious. It appears the economy has gotten so bad people have decided to dress up like galactic supervillains to rob banks. My only question is why pick Darth Vader when you have people like Dick Cheney to choose from?

Thoughts? Ideas?

:EDIT: ... Fixed the link

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Hmmm, Robbing banks is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig step down from Galaxy overlordship isn't it?

....Darth needs a new Hobby me thinks. :shk:

ETA: Thanks for the laugh btw Nurv47!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47
My only question is why pick Darth Vader when you have people like Dick Cheney to choose from?

Vader's face is far more easier on the eyes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the Empire is obviously feeling the recession too! i heard the new deathstar has been repossessed and thousands of storm troopers have been laid off. they have apparently been replaced by illegal wookies....

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Poor Darth Vader... I heard the death star went into foreclosure. After his DJ career failed I guess he couldn't keep up with the payments and now he has to rob a bank. And here I thought he was a walking ATM machine light bright

link   

Great stuff.

link   

Great stuff.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
the Empire is obviously feeling the recession too! i heard the new deathstar has been repossessed and thousands of storm troopers have been laid off. they have apparently been replaced by illegal wookies....

That was priceless. Just the pickmeup I need to get my day going.

Those clones better be ready for a coming tax hike on armor and blasters.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Honestly, I am surprised that there isnt more "super heros" going around robbing banks with the state of the economy.

I keep hearing about home foreclosures occurring, and folks becoming homeless everyday. Perhaps Darth Vader was in a similar dire situation and decided that either he'd escape with a great amount of wealth, or he'd get sentenced to THREE meals a day with an actual ROOF over his head.

I sure hope the economy improves this century before Superman's next. Geez.

Edit: stupid BBcode isnt working

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

... Now this is just hilarious. It appears the economy has gotten so bad people have decided to dress up like galactic supervillains to rob banks. My only question is why pick Darth Vader when you have people like Dick Cheney to choose from?

Dick Channey masks smell bad.

The bank robber had at least a little class...Dick Chaney would have been tackled by every one and anyone even little old ladies hate him, while Darth..people see him as a tragic hero gone wrong and have some sympathy for him...

PS EIN
double or triple star for that Hitlery pic

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Bank robbery is an initiative of dilettantes. True professionals found a bank."
Bertolt Brecht.

Thats all I have to say

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Wait a damn minute.

George W. Bush was Vader and he and the Emperor, Dick Cheney, already did that with the first Bailout Package's, and Obama finished it off.

Who's this impostor robbing a bank in a Halloween costume?

Seriously, our economy is failing right now, and everyone is getting desperate now.

One would think they saw him comnig and called the Police immediately.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is awesome, people need to use amusing masks more often when they commit crimes.
And LOL at the T-shirt.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Say...
Would it still be armed robbery if Darth was using a light saber?
And maybe it was Dick Chaney...he would have to use a costume that could cover his post op oxygen mask...that was his real voice...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
it wasn't me

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Man,its obvious-it was Jack Bauer,look at vader's stance,and gun positioning.
Bauer's outta work now,as 24 is done,and needed a few bucks.

No one would guess it was him in a vader suit would they?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Darth was always thrifty. Yeeaah... get estimates...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hell we all know if the Robber had a Dick Chenney mask, he would have had to shoot someone, or at least someone close to him.

I have just heard that the Jedi council is now going to be used as Bank Security. Yoda "The public interest, we must protect."

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just for the record, I'd like to state that I am a LEGAL Wookiee.... I don't want any pre-judgements here just because your thread has come to light now, Nurv! I've already witnessed a poster making that assumption on the Wookiees.

Great thread BTW.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Wookiep]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join