It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. planning to field a small army in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

www.mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON — Can diplomats field their own army? The State Department is laying plans to do precisely that in Iraq, in an unprecedented experiment that U.S. officials and some nervous lawmakers say could be risky.

In little more than a year, State Department contractors in Iraq could be driving armored vehicles, flying aircraft, operating surveillance systems, even retrieving casualties if there are violent incidents and disposing of unexploded ordnance.

Under the terms of a 2008 status of forces agreement, all U.S. troops must be out of Iraq by the end of 2011, but they'll leave behind a sizable American civilian presence, including the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, the largest in the world, and five consulate-like "Enduring Presence Posts" in the Iraqi hinterlands.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...

Jay Price / MCT

The new U.S
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is what I heard : Hilary Clinton is heading this idea and they will be using BlackWater to do it, I also heard these forces will be used in the U.S. to protect other Government officials like Congress, the Senate, basically all the elite. Sounds like to me they are getting pretty fearful.
To add I believe this could mean that something could be about to happen in the U.S. and they feel they need to be protected, it's a little scary paid contractors willing to kill Americans

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wasn't Hitlery faster than a speeding building
and able to dodge bullets witha single bound...like in bosnia...
Oh wait that was a little miss spoke...

Look out for the pretorean guard my dear...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh geez. Like nobody saw this coming.

PMCs not bound by the rules the military is bound by take over in Iraq. Paid at 5-7 times the rate of our military and double dipping us on risk.

Calling them "diplomats" is freaking hilarious.

Don't worry about the lawmakers. Poor things won't stay nervous long. They'll soon swallow the pablum too...once the lobbyists get done with them in one way (bribes) or another (threats).

Long live the MIC!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Anyone else think this might be the start of a national police force. Mabey all those martial law people are right A government funded PMC i dont like the sound of that.

top topics

join