It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self healing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have a question for the ATS crew. Is there a genetic mutation that causes you to stop bleeding faster than the normal human? Also I have been told that I am warmer than others too. Recently I was told by an old friend that he has the same thing. What is going on?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Fox
Is there a genetic mutation that causes you to stop bleeding faster than the normal human?

You should research the "clotting cascade" and "severe hemophilia" for more perspective.

There are various "clotting factors" which trigger one another to produce a blood clot. Hemophiliacs usually "lack" either factor 8 or factor 9 (though they do not cascade in order; the numbers are in reference to the order in which they were discovered). Therefore hemophiliacs have elevated APTT times when given an CBC; they bleed for longer. "Normal" people, are defined as, have anywhere from 50% percent of the "average" amount of each clotting factor, to as high as 150% of average.

If you have less than 50%, of any given factor, you have mild hemophilia, less than 5%; moderate hemophilia, less than 1%; severe hemophilia: meaning you CANNOT stop bleeding without an injection of human or recombinant clotting factor.

There are some 200 different known mutations to "standard" factor 9 alone which lead to hemophilia.

It is quite possible that due to some unknown mutation you have OVER 150% for a few of your clotting factors relative to the norm... thereby you "stop bleeding faster than normal"

Down sides to this tendency might include increased risk for blood clots and stroke.

Other elements play into clot formation as well such as platelet count and fibrin.

here's a 3d image of factor IX so you can get some idea of the type of very complex molecule we are speaking of mutating:

www.proteopedia.org...

If you really wanted to know if you "stop bleeding faster" than normal, get a CBC and check your APTT score, the normal range is 25 seconds to 39 seconds. If blood clots faster than normal it is a condition called "thrombosis".

...strange "Introductions" thread. You would probably get more coverage of the subject in medical conspiracies... ask a mod to move you over via U2U.

My response to you is probably 99% accurate... but I'm not a haematologist.

Welcome to ATS, Deny Ignorance!

Sri Oracle

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You should have a look into my thread "Your Spiritual Revolution II: Basic knowlege I: Your Body".

It explains the funktion of the cells and can lead you to self healing progress...

Also self healing or healing in general plays much into conscious progresses...
Have a look into this thread aswell, there i explained the mental mechanism behind all the mind related work.

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
Also self healing or healing in general plays much into conscious progresses...
[]
i explained the mental mechanism behind all the mind related work.

Jim

Agreed, there is definitely a mental element to "stopping bleeding" and some hemophiliacs can actually use meditation, hypnosis, and visualization techniques to contract and heal their veins in order to avoid infusions. There were several scientific studies in the late 80's and early 90's with very promising results, although the subject is largely ignored by the allopathic medical community which would rather make money selling human blood... but now I'm off on a conspiracy tangent... its amazing how quickly that happens.

It works much the same as a yogi who can meditate into a lower heart rate.

also here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Tummo is often associated with the image of a monk meditating in a snowstorm without any snow building upon him.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

new topics

top topics

join