It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic sex scandal as undercover reporter 'films priests at gay clubs and having casual flings'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Catholic sex scandal as undercover reporter 'films priests at gay clubs and having casual flings'

www. dailymail.co.uk

A gay priest sex scandal has rocked the Catholic Church in Italy today after a weekly news magazine released details of a shock investigation it had carried out.
Using hidden cameras, a journalist from Panorama magazine - owned by Italian Prime Minister and media baron Silvio Berlusconi - filmed three priests as they attended gay nightspots and had casual sex.
Today there was no immediate comment from the Italian Bishops Conference and the Vatican - which has been rocked by a series of sex scandals involving paedophile priests since the start of the year.
A preview of the Panorama article s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
After reading this article the shame that should be felt is very obvious. The scandle of what those priests have done, is not something that the vatican would like to have seen, or needs at this time. The Catholic church currently has been rocked by numerous scandals and lawsuits about priests who have sexually abused children. After careful thought, one can wonder if they are going to do the right thing and remove the priests in the article and start to remove from their ranks those who would violate the trust of those who are still following the catholic religion, or will they sweep it up under the rug as they have done in the past. This is an issue that the pope and the cardinals can not afford to keep quiet about. I am under the belief that the priests there should be defrocked and removed from the Catholic church, cause they did violate the rules of their job, along with all who are conviceted of abusing children, as the nature of the job is not something that they are prepared to do at this time.

www. dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think it's imperative for the Catholic Church to remove the unscriptural policy of celibacy for priests.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
I think it's imperative for the Catholic Church to remove the unscriptural policy of celibacy for priests.

Remove it or clarify it. I read something awhile ago where a cardinal said many priests believe they are not commiting any sin by having sex with boys/men because the celibacy policy has always meant sex between man and women. Re-define the celibacy part to include sex between men and these sicko's can no longer assauge their conscience by believeing they are not commiting a sin.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Agreed, Markus.

It's not a very good way to reward those who join the clergy to actually serve their neighbors and God.

They are overwhelmed and outdone by these more carnally-minded characters, but that's not to say that sexuality is sinful, which is ridiculous.

The Song of Solomon makes that clear...

It's inhumane and injurious to impose these things on someone who earnestly desires to be a meaningful member of society, in this most thankless of all careers. A wife and family is God's own gift.

And this tradition is sadly outdated and in need of change. No priest who is unmarried can fully identify with the struggles and challenges of marital and family life, after all.

If we make sure that our clergy are treated as humans, and able to choose celibacy according to their personality, goals and God's gifts to them, or a wife and family, according to common sense and basic human rights, we would have a much better clergy as a whole.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I keep attempting to point out the the problem is homosexuality and not pedophilia as so many believe it is.

As to married priests - it will not happen because if his mind is on his family andhis flock, it could be detrimental to the pastoral care of his parishioners. Of course a married man can become a deacon, or if he is a widower, he can become a priest.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
While I agree with the premise here, there seems to be a dangerous suggestion of connecting priests who molest children to priests who are gay. Being gay is not synonymous with being a pedophile. I personally would much rather priests frequent gay bars or hook-up spots, as opposed to confession rooms with boys.

--airspoon

[edit on 23-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think the Church finds itself faced with one of those...conundrums...

A pope instituted the celibacy policy for priests. And, popes are "infallible."

If the Church removes a law laid down by an infallible pope, it's admitting, in a way, that either he or the law he laid down was wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder how many Catholic priests would be left if they removed all the gays and pedophiles...........IMHO any healthy young man joining the priesthood is going to have problems with his normal human urges. He was probably raised Catholic , so we have alot of guilt and brainwashing to build upon. I'd bet alot of young preist wannabes are gay, or had problems with girls in the first place. Then he is surrounded by only other young (and maybe cute) guys in the seminary. THEN he might be in contact with cute little boys in the church choir or whatever. Combine all of this with a normal sex drive, and the fuse is lit. You know this has been happening for over a thousand years.....not a new thing. And it will continue whether or not the celibacy rules are changed. It's just a seedy part of the Catholic (and I'd guess most other faiths) religion. If only the average churh-goer would discover the Divinity that lies WITHIN THEMSELVES.....the perverted war machine that is organized religion would grind to a halt, leaving only the pile of malodorous feces that lies at its core.

Namaste-
-Boypony

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
hahaha i love this, first thing that came to mind was that episode of the sopranos where the two goons find Vito in the gay club and the awkwardness/hilarity that ensued.

Best part is that being in the mob like being in priesthood this is very looked down upon, who can say that the catholic church has not performed as criminal of acts as the mob also.

The similarities are endless.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
I keep attempting to point out the the problem is homosexuality and not pedophilia as so many believe it is.

As to married priests - it will not happen because if his mind is on his family andhis flock, it could be detrimental to the pastoral care of his parishioners. Of course a married man can become a deacon, or if he is a widower, he can become a priest.

I dont really agree with the first statement, as the basic pathology is an attempt to maintain a childish nihlism and rejection of adult responsiblities and getting as youthful in appearance as possible is the goal and much more easily taken to extremes.
In the second case, if a man cant live up to the rules of an organnization he has voluntarily chosen to be a part of, maybe he should follow the rules or find something else. What a demonstation of selfishness and duplicity is it to join an organization one has no desire to conform with. The only explanation is the deire to steal something one would otherwise not be allowed access to.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony
I wonder how many Catholic priests would be left if they removed all the gays and pedophiles...........IMHO any healthy young man joining the priesthood is going to have problems with his normal human urges. He was probably raised Catholic , so we have alot of guilt and brainwashing to build upon. I'd bet alot of young preist wannabes are gay, or had problems with girls in the first place. Then he is surrounded by only other young (and maybe cute) guys in the seminary. THEN he might be in contact with cute little boys in the church choir or whatever. Combine all of this with a normal sex drive, and the fuse is lit. You know this has been happening for over a thousand years.....not a new thing. And it will continue whether or not the celibacy rules are changed. It's just a seedy part of the Catholic (and I'd guess most other faiths) religion. If only the average churh-goer would discover the Divinity that lies WITHIN THEMSELVES.....the perverted war machine that is organized religion would grind to a halt, leaving only the pile of malodorous feces that lies at its core.

Namaste-
-Boypony

Curiously in america and Europe priests tend to go for boys, in the rest of the world, they go for the girls.
THis is not coincidence

new topics

top topics

join