It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say aliens more likely to send

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

SCIENTISTS believe aliens have been sending us Twitter-style messages for decades in a bid to make contact - we just haven't been checking their tweets.

They said alien signals would not be blasted out in all directions but narrowly directed in the one-to-10 gigahertz broadband signal range and SETI's broad sweeping search of the galactic plane could leave many days when brief Twitter-like flashes of "here we are" from alien civilisations go undetected. Read more: www.news.com.au...

Scientists now think there are likely to be around 100 million planets in the Milky Way that harbour the right conditions for life. Read more: www.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au...

Mods: could you finish the title for me..."...likely to send Twitter like messages"

[edit on 23-7-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't like how they use scientists so broadly but perhaps it is a sign of things to come. Personally I think these "tweets" come in the form of crop circles and maybe even just UFO sightings themselves. It would also be nice to see there reasoning behind this, otherwise its just a form of mental conditioning if you ask me.

I think the most interesting though is that 100 MILLION planets could possibly harbour life on them in the Milky Way. I'd love to here weekly updates on Kepler

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sorry, this thread has been done:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join