It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Official: Websites ‘Biggest Terror Threat’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Delivering his annual report to Britain’s Parliament Lord Carlile, the government appointed Terror Watchdog, has suggested that the banning of Hizb ut-Tahrir, a Muslim political group committed to non-violence, should not be the top priority of the government in its war on terrorism. Rather, websites should be.

Terming websites the “biggest terror threat” Britain faces, Lord Carlile called for the government to tackle websites the world over, “some highly offensive to those who enjoy our relatively peaceful national political life; some openly encourage violent jihad; some praise the asserted heroism of suicide bombers.”

Well here we go!

I may be overreacting here but Internet censorship has got to start somewhere right?

So this is the slippery slope until we have the Australian censorship levels and thereafter complete. I mean where does it stop? They can gradually erode away our freedoms bit by bit until we have a completely monitored and highly censored Internet. The thing is it's the little baby steps that fool the masses until one day you wake up in the virtual prison.

My favourite bit;

Lord Carlile conceded that such action would be difficult to accomplish, claiming that “international apathy” stands in the way of censoring these websites, and that jurisdictional issues also exist

Oh no that apathy they have purposefully instilled in us stands in the way of removing more of our freedoms. Damn pesky conditioning!

My view is that people seek these extreme websites out. They already have a fairly cemented view of society and their place in it, and all these sites do is give them an outlet for extremism. Murdering psychopaths will also find a way to carry out their desires if they truly want to, hiding behind whatever appropriate cause or banner.

The only good thing I can see from the article is that Lord Carlile has been challenged about his 'extreme' control views, there are apparently still some sensible people in politics.

Sources;

news.antiwar.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Good post.

Guess it's time to prepare for some false flags...

How do those people want to maintain a world government if the can't handle the internet and the few pieces of truth that it provides???

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EisLeo

True, unfortunately though the pieces of truth are becoming harder and harder to find within all the garbage and disinfo on the net. At least we can rely on ATS

There is also the Freenet which can be downloaded and installed by anyone for free, which is completely unregulated, and your IP address cannot be tracked. I suspect anyone really wanting to view extremist literature or worse could use that instead.

join