It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacking the Bystander

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Well, I now consider this thread a failure because the message I was sending was NOT "don't help others, especially if you might get hurt!". I don't understand why people are taking it that way, but anyway...

People: if you are in a situation where you can help somebody in need, do it! If you have the opportunity to save another person's life then do it! Just don't be so quick to judge others when you were not there at the time in the same situation...

[edit on 26/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Apologies.. Its late here and my english rusty as only use it online anymore .. Think misunderstood the context of your post. Will read again later when am more awake as am off to sleep shortly..
No thread is a waste .. Can always learn from them .. Also interesting to see the directions that some take. Dont be quick to give up on things..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you do not care for each other, who will care for you?

(buddhist proverb)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Apologies.. Its late here and my english rusty as only use it online anymore .. Think misunderstood the context of your post. Will read again later when am more awake as am off to sleep shortly..
No thread is a waste .. Can always learn from them .. Also interesting to see the directions that some take. Dont be quick to give up on things..

Thanks for clearing that up. I am a victim of the "if something is too hard to do, don't waste time trying to do it" mentality. You are right, thanks for the nice words.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
If you do not care for each other, who will care for you?

(buddhist proverb)

That proverb is good and I feel it is important for people to understand the need in helping others. The problem I have with it is it assumes that most people do help others without expecting something in return, when in reality this is not the case. People are unlikely to care for you if you do not give them a valid reason to care (with the exception of family perhaps).

For example, I try my best to let people turn into my lane when driving. Unless I am desperately late for something, I feel it is a nice gesture and feel good when people thank me afterwards for helping them out. Most of the time, I am not let in by other drivers when the situation is reversed.

It seems other drivers do not care about me, even though I care about other drivers. Since I am in the minority, how can the average driver expect to be cared about when the average driver does not care about others? See the problem?

[edit on 28/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Threads keep popping up lately discussing the issue of people standing by and doing nothing while they witness somebody else being mistreated.

The next time you see a video like this, maybe you should ask yourself a few questions before you decide to attack the bystander and accuse them of doing nothing. Should somebody who happens to be near the area of animosity risk physical assault, bullying and even death because somebody else has decided to mistreat another person? Should the family of the person that has been harmed trying to help somebody they didn't know have to suffer?

It's an odd quirk of Human Nature. You seem like a firm believer in law and order, where the scales of justice don't wane. But, this has never been the case and leaves me to believe in a generated false sense of reality.

Everyone knows most watch the news for the 'horror stories', so that they might breath a sigh of relief that that's not them.

Being of a notion myself to have little regard for personal safety when confronted, I've witnessed this phenomenon strike in tandem. Where, the Fuzz Buckets will purposely cruise out of the area, only later to pick up the pieces. Then, with an ill-fated comment, themselves become a victim of violence with a well placed brick in the face. This is no lie, and is not too uncommon. When you think about it, this seems to be the activity most criminals enjoy, another's suffering.

The Police and Legal System tend to "wade" in still waters, has always been my observation. And, yes, I might have accidentally caught someone with a backsweeping motion when engaged in hostilities just because I didn't know whose hands they were on, or even care

[edit on 7/28/2010 by passingthought]

***apologies for multiple edits, getting hacked fasther than I cann keep upp

[edit on 7/28/2010 by passingthought]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join