It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am one of the "parasites" on unemployment benefit who is draining your income

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lilstu21

Really? I mean REALLY?

Illegal Aliens and Legal Immigrants are working daily. They are laboring and sweating, and saving money or sending money back home. They are starting business, buying trucks, finding a niche to fill. They are not "waiting for recruitment day."????????

"Waiting" for "Recruitment"????

Your generation is PATHETIC! You think jobs are supposed to come to you? You think you can just walk out on a job because they don't appreciate you enough?

The Job PAYS!! That is your appreciation!! They are not required to say Good Job, or Kiss my arse. You work---They Pay! That is how this thing goes!

NO! You do not have to have certifications or courses or anything else. Borrow $25 dollars, buy a used lawnmower and start walking! You can make $100 per day easily. I have done it many, many times when I was down and out.

Go to the Day Labor or Temp Agency. They will put you to work TODAY!! And they will even PAY YOU...TODAY!!

Chck Fil A, Taco Bell. Go to the Food Court at the Mall, Walk up on a Construction Site, Go to Truck Driving School (They pay you while you learn and guarantee you a job afterwards!)

If you Wanted a Job, you would Have a Job. May not be the one that you want, but it would be a paying job.

Absolutely no excuse for not finding a job after a month or two. I have been there. I have even been stupid and walked out on a job. I did worse than that. I beat up my boss with a telephone once! I got fired of course, and I didn't have a very good job reference to help me into a new job, and I wound up working at Sonic for a few months and working on cars in my spare time to make ends meet. I got lucky and got a job a few months later at a repair shop, and I rolled that into a career in selling tires. I never liked working on cars or selling tires, but I made some pretty good money, and rolled that into a management career, and eventually an executive position.

No sir. I do not need to grow up. The personal attack was well-deserved and relavent to this thread. I apologize that I chose you, because I probably could have chosen any of a dozen people in this thread to attack. You were closest to the end. For that part, you were just unlucky, but that happens sometimes.....roll with the punches. Just because it was bad luck that put you near my post and got you attacked, it does not take away from the validity of the attack, and there is still no excuse for you to be young, healthy, and unemployed! NONE!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

That is correct. In Texas, only F.I.C.A., Medicare, and withholding (federal) are taken out of employee paychecks. Unless of course, they have child support or some other garnishment.
F.U.T.A. and Texas Workforce Commission WE have to pay, not the employee.
I believe that a drug test should be required before unemployment benefits can be obtained.
FYI, in my neck of the woods, almost every male I have ever hired has child support taken out. It takes a few months usually for the state to catch up with them, and after I get the notice to deduct, they begin looking for the next job.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

2. You cannot collect unemployment if you are justifiably fired, which the employee you canned would have been.

I thought the same thing. The last two people that I fired, I contested their unemployment, and I lost on appeal. The Hearing officers told me they had to "intentionally" do something to get fired. Poor Performance, Tardiness, and Absenteeism is not enough to disqualify them from benefits.

I agree it is ridiculous, and it is one of the signs of our time. Nobody is accountable for their actions anymore.

You are right about how the payment is based. For the last 12 months, this employee has been making decent money, so when she compares a part-time check to her unemployment check. The unemployment check will be higher, it will require no work, and it is guaranteed for 99 weeks! The part-time one would require her to show up on time and work, and she probably wouldn't last because of those strict requirements of actually showing up and working.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
When you are out of the system, you're out of the club. Ask any recently homeless person how great Americans are to their own people.

You don't have to explain yourself to a bunch of morons. God knows your plight and those of the unemployed share your feeling.

Some people are hateful, opinionated, prejudice, ignorant, fearful and just plain stupid. Who cares if they understand or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I graduated from University with a 2:1 degree last year, been working my ass off on my portfolio and have had no luck getting a job. Have applied to countless jobs and have only had a few replies and had no interviews. So I've been looking for standard office jobs and even cleaning jobs and I can't even get one of those. Now the job centre have put me on a work placement for 13 weeks that basically involves things like litter picking and laying paths for an extra £15 a week, just so they can take me off the unemployment list like everyone else.
Times are really tough at the moment and don't look like they are going to improve anytime soon.
Just thought I'd throw that in there.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow!!! Tough talkin aint yer?

Come on, I'm hiring. $10 a day to look after my garden, full of weeds and flower beds need trimming now and then, vegetable plots, etc, etc under the sun and in the rain.

Fall sick and yer on yer own. I provide no clothing or food. Water is free, and from the hose. Transportation to and fro from town to my place is yer own costs, only probably $5 a day. 6 full days.

It's a job and it PAYS! Don't be some pathetic and lazy new generation. Get off yer arse and work for me, or I will scream to yer elected representatives that yer kind are worthless idiots who are CHOOSY about jobs!!!!

[/sacarsm mode]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

File your redemption. You are ALL miilionaires and don't know it damn it!!! Read my thread and get started. Your birth certificate is collateral for a million dollar bond which is now worth between an alleged $15 and $50 million dollars. Read Mary: Croft and others, it is not that hard to do and will free all of us and shut down "their" system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

READ, if you are unemployed, you should have time to review many sites that will give you information on how to rectify your situation, if everyone did this tomorrow, WE would have OUR country back and the Elite would be gone with the wind, or so I would like to think.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You are right about how the payment is based. For the last 12 months, this employee has been making decent money, so when she compares a part-time check to her unemployment check. The unemployment check will be higher, it will require no work, and it is guaranteed for 99 weeks! The part-time one would require her to show up on time and work, and she probably wouldn't last because of those strict requirements of actually showing up and working.

Well, here's the problem. If you were going to let the employee work part time, then any claims adjuster would assume she must be okay, because you didn't totally fire her. But if you'd documented the tardiness and your warnings to her, it certainly would be considered legal justification for firing. Besides, the employee can still get unemployment benefits if she was cut back to part time against her will -- just not as much. But in order to encourage people to work, the total amount of weekly pay someone would take home if they were working part time and also collecting limited unemployment benefits would be MORE than not working at all and collecting benefits alone.

Secondly, I assure you, that unemployment is not guaranteed for 99 weeks. She'll have to file for extension after extension, and like I said in the other post, those extensions have a limited window.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by ClintK]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Clearly your not even reading my posts clearly enough, the recruitment day is what THEY called it, not me!

They probably got about 80 applicants by now!

And no, nothings wrong with my generation, it's just that you older generation thinks were a bunch of lazy no gooders, which is totally untrue.

And btw, us brits don't have taco bell, we do have McDonald's, whom i did applyed for a job in the past, but went as far as training and didn't here a thing after that.

So by now, quit it with these pointless attacks on me and anyone else who you don't even know personally, it'll make you look like a terrible person.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So you have no problem getting sh$%y jobs. You want a cookie? Your generation RUINED this world, and now you criticize us for not keeping the pace?

Sick

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You should have signed on, especially if you've been paying your national insurance, then you are entitled to your contributions based Job Seekers Allowance. Although you can still Sign On without receiving any benefit money, and they'll still be able to offer you the support you need.

One thing I found talking to my friend who was signed on (after becoming redundant) was never say no to anything, they'll send you on some rubbish CV writing classes and stuff - just do it. If you do these things, they're quite happy to spend some more time and money on helping you back into work.

They put him on a work placement (you still get your job seekers allowance and travel expenses paid) for 3 months, and he's been employed since that ended as the company decided to hire him.

Also to the guy who mentioned 60 quid a week, git! When I signed on just after I left uni ( thankfully got a job quite fast - job centre is a horrible place! ) i was only entitled to £44, which I didnt even get -_-

[edit on 23/7/10 by dawa]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

PATHETIC!

Be resourceful. I got in a fight with my father at age 17. I was homeless for a couple of months. I had a car. I never missed a day of school. I got a job at a Firestone store. I got a membership to a gym. I hung out, watched cable tv and ate my dinner in the lobby of Firestone. I slept in my car, I showered and got dressed at the gym, I went to school.

No problem.

It takes some Resourcefullness and Iniative. ( R & I for short, courtesy of "7 Habits of Highly Effective People") I didn't know there was a name for it at the time, but I still had it! I didn't learn the name until I was probably 30.

There is no "club." If I see a homeless person with a "Hungry" sign, I always, 100% of the time, offer to buy them some food! How often do they take me up on it. TWICE!! Twice in the last 4 or 5 years has somebody with a "Hungry" sign taken me up on the offer to buy them food!

How about the "Homeless-Need Work" signs? I have lawnmowers and weedeaters and gloves and boots and a pick up truck. I "almost always" offer to give these guys a job! If they need work, I have work for them. I am more than willing to give them a break. How many have taken me up on the offer? Three (3) One buy worked about a half a day and disappeared, didn't even wait for his money, just ran out. One guy actually came around every now and then and worked a day, then disappeared, then came back for another day. After a couple of weeks I didn't see him anymore. BUT I have one success story. One guy, actually ran into the weeds, grabbed a tool bag complete with tools! Jumped in my truck and became a maintenance man for me! He worked for a couple of months, and then I helped him get a full-time gig with a construction company. I don't know if he is still there, but he was a legitimate guy!

The "Club" is a club of people willing to work and sacrifice and be humble and do what they can. It isn't some secret entitlement club.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I haven't processed this employee. She is being fired today, as I type this actually, LOL! I am waiting on a confirmation from my legal department before I go tell her.

The other two appeals that we lost were just straight terminations. We wrote them up, waited a couple of weeks, wrote them up again with an ultimatum and the clear verbiage that any future violations would be cause for dismissal, and then after a couple of more infractions we dismissed them. Clear violations of our Standards of Conduct, and our Standard Operating Procecure. This is the State of Florida as the employer! Our policies are very, very clearly written, and HR stuff goes through several departments. It literally takes about 7 signatures to get a termination done!

Nope, it wasn't us, it was the State Law that allowed them to collect unemployment. The Hearing officer was very clear. It had to be "intentional" or "fraudulent" circumstances where they intended to be fired for the purpose of collecting unemployment. That is the only scenario that disqualifies them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

So you have no problem getting sh$%y jobs. You want a cookie? Your generation RUINED this world, and now you criticize us for not keeping the pace?

Sick

I agree. My generation RUINED this country, by following the advice of a bunch of whiny sociologists and psychologists. We went through 2 decades of people believing that there was no place for negative reinforcement and that positive reinforcement and false hopes and promises would make everything better. I never agreed with it, but it was the way of the 80s and 90s and now we have a "soft" generation that can't hack it. It is our fault. We should have taken more personal responsibility for raising our kids and not listened to all the pop culture hype.

Too bad that "Natural Laws" of nature do not always equal the elevated and views of wishful thinkers. In nature there is often "negative consequences" for actions. And if you are raised in a sterile and postive environment, then the real world is a cold wake up call and not everyone can adapt quickly enough.

I apologize. Your generation is pathetic, but it is probably the fault of my generation for raising you that way.

Luckily, I waited to have kids, and mine are very young, and they will be raised differently.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Spare me your silly hustle stories. I've done it all. Bottom line is that your fellow Americans are becoming poor and broke, and all you can do is chime in, and degrade them. And you call me pathetic.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I truly sympathize with your situation.

There has just been a reorganization where I work and I feel like I have a target on my back. I don't know what will happen in the coming year but I may be out looking for a job as well. I've been with my current employer for 25 years and I don't think that they value me. It's not a good feeling.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Sick

I agree. My generation RUINED this country, by following the advice of a bunch of whiny sociologists and psychologists. We went through 2 decades of people believing that there was no place for negative reinforcement and that positive reinforcement and false hopes and promises would make everything better. I never agreed with it, but it was the way of the 80s and 90s and now we have a "soft" generation that can't hack it. It is our fault. We should have taken more personal responsibility for raising our kids and not listened to all the pop culture hype.

Too bad that "Natural Laws" of nature do not always equal the elevated and views of wishful thinkers. In nature there is often "negative consequences" for actions. And if you are raised in a sterile and postive environment, then the real world is a cold wake up call and not everyone can adapt quickly enough.

I apologize. Your generation is pathetic, but it is probably the fault of my generation for raising you that way.

Luckily, I waited to have kids, and mine are very young, and they will be raised differently.

Yes your generation did ruin this world. And now we get to pick up the pieces with minimum wage jobs and mediocre careers. Thanks!

It's amazing that you don't realize the absurdity of what you are typing.

"then the real world is a cold wake up call and not everyone can adapt quickly enough."

Don't you see the inherent wrong in expecting generation upon generation to adapt to an increasingly sh#$%ier and sh#$%ier world?

So we should keep up the hamster wheel of mediocrity and misery like your generation? Then what happens to OUR kids? Are we going to sound like you?

Your Generation did absolutely nothing to make this world a better place. Your greed, lack of compassion and slave mentality has almost ruined what little chance we have to get things back to the way it should be.

As soon as your generation is dead and gone, we can pick up the pieces and destroy all of your silly slave systems and mentalities.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Folks, I can't argue against every individual case on a Thread like this. There are 3 things that keep you from getting hired. Either you are not employable, because of a criminal record, drug habit, poor personal representation or attitude. OR There are no jobs in your geographical location (more rare, but possible in some localized areas), OR there are jobs, but they are not the jobs that you would prefer to take.

Thats it. Just 3 things. Either there are jobs, or there are not jobs. If there are not jobs...then MOVE! If there are jobs, then you have to make yourself hireable, and you have to take whatever job you can get.

You don't have to keep it forever, but once you have a job, it is much easier to find a new job. There is some "inertia" involved in getting your foot in the door, and once you take that menial job that you hate, you will notice some other doors open up.

Here is the problem with the unemployment extension. If you are already getting several hundred dollars per week on unemployment, then their is no incentive for taking a menial job that doesn't pay much more than your unemployment. If you don't take that menial job, then the doors won't open to the better jobs. If those doors don't open, and you spend a year or two unemployed then the job market moves on without you and you quickly find yourself "unemployable" and the inertia increases and increases.

I am not saying this is easy. I am saying it is possible and necessary. Cut off the unemployment after 26 weeks. Help those that are willing to help themselves.

I am not putting my personal experience out there for "a cookie" as someone put it. I am putting it out there as a positive example. I am not proud of beating up my boss with a phone, or living homeless while I was still in highschool, or making so many mistakes in life that I often found myself working on cars or mowing lawns to get money to eat. Those were mistakes, but I overcame them. It sure as hell did not take me 99 weeks to over come them either!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
response to muckster, OP

totally know where you're coming from, mate. am on JSA too - i have a long cv and plenty of varied experience, but the uk economy and job market is so f*cked right now - won't bore you with my stories ofmisery and despair at the jobcentre - you know what i'm talking about!

i'm lucky i have no dependents to pay for - £135 every 2 weeks don't go far! (especially if you have interests and habits like mine)

well done for keeping your family fed, just keep trying and you'll get the step up you deserve soon enough.

or do what i did - start selling the big issue www.bigissue.com

good luck mate.. best wishes to you and yours

[edit on 23-7-2010 by twentythreedom]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join