It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link between Cattle Mutilations and Mad Cow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mad Cow disease is another name for Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), a disease of misfolded proteins, which actually can infect people in the form of
Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (vCJD or nvCJD).

It was first discovered in cattle and was linked to using cattle meat to supplement food used to feed other cattle. However, its history goes farther back in Papua New Guinea where the last living cannibals exist. As they ate their relatives, they developed kuru, which is strongly related to vCJD.

So how does this relate to Cattle Mutilations?

Two authors have published such a theory:
(www.rense.com...)
www.amazon.com...=1097035790/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl14/103-6236425-1349452?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
There is a theory that cattle mutilations, which started becoming common in the 1960's, are widely linked to the study of these prions. Human pharmaceutical traces have been found in some cattle, as with some parts removed that seem to have been for testing. However, the widespread activity of this problem cannot be so easily attributed to just some scientists going out in fields. People, or someone else, it seems that someone is monitoring something. What could be more important than this disease?

A Mad Cow incident that happened this week:
www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by bananasam
What could be more important than this disease?

Rumor has it that what was actually being monitored was radiation accumulated in the soft tissues of cattle. Most of these cattle are from areas near where the first US nuclear testing was preformed.

One of the reasons for this testing is to measure the amount radiation which was passed into the food chain in both beef and milk. If you do a search on subjects such as “nuclear testing effect on cattle”, and specifically milk, you will find it was something that the government was fairly concerned about:

What is probably the most important study of the health effects of testing were announced by the National Cancer Institute in August of 1997, and released in October of that same year. The basic finding of the report is that internal exposures to Radioiodine ( I-131 ) in fallout from continental nuclear weapons testing was the most serious of all health consequences. Radioiodine concentrates in milk, when consumed by grazing cows, then concentrates in human thyroid glands after contaminated milk has been ingested into the body.

...that is what the cattle mutilation was most likely about.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

March 21, 2010 — Co-host Christopher O’Brien with Ted Oliphant and Philip Hoyle

Co-host Christopher O’Brien presents a roundtable on the animal mutilation phenomenon featuring Ted Oliphant, a former law enforcement officer, and Philip Hoyle, of the Animal Pathology Field Unit. This is reported to be the first such broadcast discussion involving three experts on the subject.
Paracast

In the show above, Chris O Brien discusses the same ideas. It's his belief that cattle are being 'cored' to test for prions. If these particles infected the food chain, it could lead to BSE in cattle and CJD in us. On the surface it makes a lot of sense. IMO it makes more sense than aliens repeating the same processes over and over again for 50 years.

At the same time, I have to ask why it takes a secret military-based operation to test? In Britain we had a BSE/CJD panic that resulted in hundreds of thousands of cattle being incinerated. Now cattle populations are routinely tested for BSE. It seems like the Dept. of Agriculture could easily apply such testing in a transparent way. Maybe they already do? I'll check.

It's a mysterious situation.

ETA: The US Dept of Agriculture does sample tests of cattle populations for BSE and prions.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
At the same time, I have to ask why it takes a secret military-based operation to test? In Britain we had a BSE/CJD panic that resulted in hundreds of thousands of cattle being incinerated. Now cattle populations are routinely tested for BSE. It seems like the Dept. of Agriculture could easily apply such testing in a transparent way.

It wouldn’t make sense for Prions, which is rare, but it does make sense for radiation that could be spread into a vast amount of the population through consuming dairy and beef products. Can you imagine the number of cancer and other health lawsuits that would have been filed against the government over the years, if it had been found out that there was concern over the levels of radiation in the cattle?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam
There is a theory that cattle mutilations, which started becoming common in the 1960's, are widely linked to the study of these prions. Human pharmaceutical traces have been found in some cattle, as with some parts removed that seem to have been for testing.

Yes, traces of embalming fluid have been found and some cows in 'hotspot' areas have had fluorescent paint discovered on them which only shows up under ultraviolet light - suggesting they have been pre-selected in some way.

But the theory that animal mutilations are the result of a covert operation to trace prions (or radiation) is flawed and the holes in it make the whole idea untenable.

I mean, if you were a government agent carrying out these clandestine tests, you couldnt attract more attention to your activities if you tried!

Why would you leave the corpse in situ for somone to find and for everyone to speculate upon? It would be a farcical thing to do.

Thank you for alerting me to prions - i feel the need to get tested!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The radiation angle holds more water than the prions one. At the same time, it still seems overly elaborate to go through all the secrecy and leave behind bodies? Testing for radiation could be a simple job for the DoA.

I wonder if there's a map of the US with mutes plotted to gain a better idea of location? If they were occurring close to nuclear and/or waste facilities we'd have a flag going up.

Human agency is the most likely cause and radiation might just be the reason. Cattle mutilations isn't a subject I've focused much attention on so I'm likely asking predictable question.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I suspect it is to check for weaponized Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli in the cattle population. They aerosolize it and then see if it is absorbed by the mucous membranes.
They want to see how it affects cattle in the general population.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The radiation angle holds more water than the prions one. At the same time, it still seems overly elaborate to go through all the secrecy and leave behind bodies? Testing for radiation could be a simple job for the DoA.

There is a problem with openly testing.

I’ll give you another example first. When Walt Disney first decided to build Disney World in Orlando Florida, all the land was secretly bought through separate dummy corporations so that none of the sellers would catch wind of what was going on and demand unreasonable prices.

The same thing applies here. If you tell the ranchers that you are testing the cattle for the effects of fallout radiation, the word is going to get around to everyone in the area. First off they are going to demand that all their cattle are possibly contaminated, and want compensation for that. After all who is going to buy cattle/meat/milk which have possibly dosed with fallout radiation. Next, every illness that everyone in the area ever has for the rest of their lives, is going to be blamed on the radiation, and the government would have been paying all those folks medical bills for the rest of their lives. Then folks are going to want the government to clean up, or buy off their land. Next, all the people who have consumed potentially radiated milk or meat are going to start filing medical claims against the government as well. It would have snowballed into a financial disaster.

At that point, you're better off to send in covert teams to remove only a few needed organs from a small cross-section of various ranches in the affected areas. They do not remove the bodies, because a missing cow is going to draw more attention then one that looks like it was killed and scavenged by predators. Ranchers do keep track of the heads of cattle that they have after all.

www.the-scientist.com...

Here in Arkansas with an extremely high rate of radiation induced cancers, the survivors of these cancers asked me to find the source of radiation that caused their cancers. Radioactive fallout from the 1950's nuclear weapons tests in Nevada and New Mexico spread throughout most of the nation. But the hottest spots were in the Midwest and Northwest, according to government projections.

The hot spots in ARKANSAS are BAXTER, BENTON, FULTON, INDEPENDENCE, JACKSON, MADISON, and WASHINGTON counties.

Data, was compiled by the National Cancer Institute as part of a federal study over a decade ago. It was the first to show high exposure rates outside Nevada and Utah. Some of the highest doses of fallout were received by milk drinking children here in Arkansas. The fallout contaminated the grass which the dairy cows ate, and the radiation was concentrated in the milk.

From earlier studies, exposure rates were highest in 12 states east and north of the Nevada desert: Arkansas, Missouri,Nevada,Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, and Colorado. Thousands contracted radiation induced cancers.

Because the total exposure was tied to such factors as weather patterns and milk-consumption rates, some hot spots, were isolated. Here in Arkansas most of us know how a thunderstorm can rain on one side of the street and the other side of the street be dry. Also at the time of the fallout there were a lot of milk cows and dairies here in Arkansas.

Exposure in hot spot counties was average up to 160 rads for children. At 10 rads exposure the Federal government recommends people be monitored by a doctor. Adults averaged 16 rads, and neither children nor adults were monitored or informed of their exposure.

Not wanting to raise fears or anxiety or be paid federal compensation for the high exposure of fallout like the residents of Utah were, Arkansas with high exposure of fallout and other states were put on the back burner. Maybe the thought was if they don't know about it, by time they find out most of the cancer victims will be deceased.

The examination of certain organs taken from herbivorous animals would allow the evaluation of the degree of ground radiation in those regions where the wind had scattered gigantic radioactive clouds. In January 1993, a report by the American Agency for the Protection of the Environment confirmed the necessity of exercising some control over the animals destined for consumption which had been grazing near to the sites at risk from contamination such as former zones of nuclear testing, uranium mines and waste facilities.

This control test needed to be done on blood and removed organs. Why not discreetly remove these organs in the abattoirs? It has been suggested that the animals should perhaps first of all be given an injection and be marked before proceeding with the removal of organs at a later time, but up to now that has remained speculative.

Cattle Mutilation Theories
Retired New Mexico State Police Officer Gabe Valdez was involved in the investigation of mutilations from the “ground floor.” He was the first official on the scene in countless incidents in the Dulce area from the late 1970s to the late ’80s. He has showed me firsthand evidence collected in the field, including something resembling radar chaff which was spread around a field at a mutilation scene–some of the pieces were actually stuffed in the animal’s mouth. He also found a gas mask and surgical instruments at other sites. In 2000, Valdez was hired by the National Institute For Discovery Science to contribute to its report on the phenomenon. He concluded that the cattle may be part of a covert experiment to track diseases in livestock. Independent researcher Ted Oliphant, who spent a few years in law enforcement in another mutilation hotspot–Fyffe, Alabama–came to basically the same conclusion after years of study. Chris O’Brien, while not wedded to the theory, remarks that it would account for much of the observed evidence during his years in southern Colorado.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Defcon5.....

That's about as plausible a theory that I've heard about cattle mutilations.

Very interesting.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I agree.

That's some good stuff defcon5.

There is only one, big, Jennifer Lopez size BUT in your argument:

Originally posted by defcon5
They do not remove the bodies, because a missing cow is going to draw more attention then one that looks like it was killed and scavenged by predators. Ranchers do keep track of the heads of cattle that they have after all.

The corpses dont look like they've been killed and scavenged by predators.

Mind you, whats the alternative theory? That they've been hacked up by aliens? I think i prefer youre explanation.

Im probably in the same camp as this guy:

Chris O’Brien, while not wedded to the theory, remarks that it would account for much of the observed evidence during his years in southern Colorado.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Silver Star.....

For interest's sake.....

Based on my extensive clinical background & my experience in the medical device industry, I have previously posted in detail as to how I believe such things could be achieved using relatively inexpensive, relatively robust medical equipment.

Amongst other threads, I posted that in threads regarding that guy who supposedly had his insides sucked out by aliens.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
One theory i read, quite some time ago 15 years or so, was that some of the cattle mutilations, in the us, were special forces medics studying battlefield surgery techniques and tools, ie battlefield surgical lasers.
that would explain some of the cases where unidentified helicopters were sighted in cloes proximity to the animal mutilations.

The tracking of radio isostopes is one of the best theories for animal mutilations, tracking by both the government and by ET's.

The most dangerous radia isotopes are readily absobed into grasses, so testing the tisssues of grazing animals makes the most sense.

Sampling for prions doesnt really make any sense since the tissues that would harbour the prions, nerve and brain, arent the ones being taken, but the the ones that would accumulate the radio isotopes are.

I used to think it was the government that was behind the animal mutilations, unitl i learned of a series of cases that predate the atom bomb and helicopters.
It happened in a remote area of northern ca, an area that is still not very populated and off of the beaten path, in the late '30's and early fourties.
A cattle rancher had seen strange lights in the distance of his huge ranch, like +30k acres. His first thought was rustlers, but when he got to the area the next day he found the mutilated corpses of several cattle, and a large circular area of burned grass. An area that still to this day no grass will grow, 50+ years later.
They still see strange lights in the sky and find mutilted cattle on ocassion.

top topics

join