It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea says U.S. threats would meet a 'physical response' and drills with S. Korea violate sover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

N. Korea says U.S. threats would meet a 'physical response' and drills with S. Korea violate sovereignty

twitter.com

BNO BREAKING NEWS : N. Korea says U.S. threats would meet a 'physical response' and drills with S. Korea violate sovereignty
(visit the link for the full news article)
Another source MSNBC

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
And so it begins?

I doubt North Korea will do anything...

North Korea KNOWS that IF they start anything, China WILL NOT BACK THEM UP.

But a few months ago, when Kim Jong-Il went to China, he asked for J-10s, fighter aircrafts, and China told him no, but told him that if North Korea was attacked/invaded by the US/SKorea, they would back them up.

So IMO empty rhetoric from little Kim once again.

A few items that are related...
N. Korea Warns U.S., Threatens to Turn S. Korea Into 'Sea of Fire'
Spy chief-nominee warns of more North Korean attacks
US sanctions against North Korea provoke Chinese anger
NKorea warns US drill, sanctions endanger region
North Korean soldiers defect to China fueling fears of imminent military clash

The defectors have claimed that senior members of the party and the armed forces were stockpiling provisions, another indication that the regime is steeling itself for a military confrontation.

China to Test Carrier Killing Missile On Fourth of July?

Starcraft 2 comes out July 27... lots of SKoreans are gonna be busy...too busy to fight an invader.

And on the bigger picture...
Russia deploys missiles on Estonia border
Venezuela cuts relations with Colombia

A few weeks ago...in the same area...
Russia braced for Far East wargames

This might be more serious this time... or there's just more action right now because there's about to be a leader change in North Korea in september.

And of course... the draft.
H.R. 5741: To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service.

I know it is done as an ``anti-war`` statement by Rangel, but this could turn quickly into reality if war was to break out with North Korea/China.

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Kim reminds me of the Aesop fable " the boy who cried wolf" Everybody's heard it all before. So we get complacent, then one day we wake to the news a million south Koreans have been wiped off the earth. Its like the dangerous road that doesn't get a footpath until somebody dies ,even though locals have campaigned for years for one. I think ,maybe the western world should do something about north Korea now before its too late.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

How does the U.S. having a joint military exercise with South Korea, in South Korea, violate North Korea's sovereignty?

Hint: It does not.

These exercises are not new, they've been going on for years and everytime North Korea issues a bogus threat.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
They're just waiting for sh@! to break out and they will make there move.

I wonder what was in the letter President Obama wrote to Kim back in December.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I usually feel that the day North Korea actually follows through on one of these extreme threats will be the same day Lucy actually lets Charley Brown kick the football, the day Tom eats Jerry, and the day Sylvester catches Tweety-Bird.

I'm more worried they will cause an international fracas through sheer incompetence than through malicious intent. They remind me of a toddler with a loaded pistol.

Nevertheless, a cornered adversary is always dangerous.

I think I'm going to have to take a moritorium from posting in North Korea threads because I'm starting to repeat myself almost as much as Kim Jong Il does.

[edit on 7/23/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Nevertheless, a cornered adversary is always dangerous.

You got that right. They are paranoid. A LOT.

They are really afraid FOR REAL that the US/SKorea will actually attack them. Well that's according to SKorean secret services informations gathered at the last Kim Jong Il-China premier meeting.

That's why little Kim asked China for J-10s... China telling them they would back them up in case of a US-SK invasion did not calm their fears it seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
GRRRR LOOK AT ME I AM BIG AND TEH MIGHTY!
I WILL EET YER BEBIES!!!
Both sides will go back to their own sides and giggle how they showed them who's [badword] is bigger.
N Korea doesn't want a war with the US and the US does't need a new war.
I am sure they will both see reality.
And if not maybe this time we could use Nukes, that will show them/us.
Then we will be able to fight the next world war with sticks.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
On one side they say this :
"If the U.S. provokes another war, it will only be corpses and graves that it will be presented with,"

and on the other they do this :

At the truce village straddling the inter-Korean border, the U.S.-led U.N. Command and North Korea held military talks earlier Friday over the sinking of the Cheonan.

So all the rhetoric is just for internal propaganda.

top topics

join