It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungary loses its first soldier to violence in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The 27-year-old soldier was with a 47-member convoy that came under attack as it headed for a Ukrainian base with supplies of water.
www.abc.net.au...

Will this make Hungary think twice about being in Iraq.
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No. My wife and her family are Hungarian immigrants and so proud of their homelands contribution to the war and their new status as a U.S. partner.

Dude, relax. Soldiers dress in camoflage for a reason. People want to kill them. It comes with the job.

Some people actually see the big picture.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

What? that every human life is precious and should not be wasted fighting wars that are not justified?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

crmanager, i can assure u that the WORLD is starting to get the big picture.
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Indeed it is sanctum. The whole world can now see that A) There were no WMD b) There was no link between AL quada and Saddam c) only 2% of Iraqi people see the Americans as liberators. The whole world can see what many of us already knew.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Your quote...

"What? that every human life is precious and should not be wasted fighting wars that are not justified?"

You know what? Many people didn't feel that the Revolutionary War or Civil War was necessary. Where would we be without them? Well, I'd guess I would be on my plantation having a slave whose life is not recognized as precious serve me my fresh English tea.

I prefer life here in the US the way it is. Equality, Freedom, and Opportunity. We even have the ability to get on Exedia.com and buy one way tickets out of the country if we don't like it. Um, ANY of us have that opportunity. Um, ANY of us Earthtone. ANY of us.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When did I say that equality and freedom weren't worth fighting for? People seem to miss the point. [B]bUSH AND BLAIR LIED thus making it any unjustified war because they didn't tell the truth about why it was happening. This isn't freedom, this is lies, right from the people who are supposed to be leading our country(ies) by example. Inventing a threat just so a country can be invaded for imperialist agendas. It's so wrong don't you see that?

Of course the only bonus of it is that Saddam, an evil man, is now gone from power. But what is left? A country in ruins with people attacking the 'liberators' every day. Popularity is now in the radicals hands.....

what coalition is doing is not making the world safer.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtjockey
Um, ANY of us have that opportunity. ANY of us.

dirtjockey, i could drive to the airport and say interstate 20min...
o/s within two hours. (flights)
Sanc'.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The only good thing is that Saddam is gone but what is left...

Wait.. that sounds like Germany in 1946.

top topics

join