It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory - Civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was thinking for a long time now that our human history goes back a lot farther then most thought. For some reason it occured to me that we have some strange wonders in this world, some we cannot explain at all. They just don't fit our timeline of what we think is human history.

As i ponder this over the many weeks, months, and years i always am researching and finding interesting things that make my theory more believable.
Most recently, this thread here on ATS

7 Submerged Wonders of the World

As the title implies, this shows some wonders. Whats fascinating is that at least one of the wonders they have found is unexplainable. They dated it (i assume) and state the tools they had in that time could not of done such precise cuts. I hear this a lot in my research.

Side-Rant
I am not a scientist, or historian. Although they appeal to me and i always am trying to learn new things those fields would study. Well scientist is too broad of a term, but you know what i mean.
I am a simple web developer that builds web applications. I know lots of programming languages and am adept at learning new ones quickly. I have a knack for it. Not really a gift, just a knack. Anyways, when i speak about 'research' please understand, i am a regular joe like most of you. The word may be too strong, perhaps you can replace it with 'perusals'.
Side-Rant Over

Back on topic, this was not a shameless plug for one forum post here made by LiveForever8, no this is much greater then that (at least thats my hope).

No! Now its a plug for this one.
Puma Punku, Wonders of the world - Cosmic Wakening

As you can read and see, its again suggested that the tools needed to build the structure in the time its dated seems impossible with our timeline.

Then of course there is the story of atlantis, the theory of it being in antarctica under the snow. Some believe it is elsewhere. If it does exist most agree that it would of been a powerful nation/people. Their secrets were great, according to many.

Read a TinWiki Article about Atlantis here
If you believe that...

Could the Ancients Fly?
Maybe its far-fetched, i admit. It is intriguing though and more evidence pointing to the fact we don't know everything and maybe we were more advanced then we thought.

Theory
My theory is our history goes back farther then we know and we were more advanced then what we know now. I think at one time the world was globalized like it is today, but not in the same exact way. Different times, different inventors, different needs for the people, different styles of rulership, etc..
I believe that the evidence that helps prove this are the pyramids, some written ancient stories and various other unexplained monuments. Also we have stories from ancient people who describe a more advanced culture if you follow the atlantis theory and we can see some civilizations drawing strange unexplained things

I think there is some great secret thats hidden and thats how powerful we once were or what we were capable of. Its kept from us perhaps because it will be a weapon in the future, or, maybe someone is trying to protect us from destroying ourselves again.

I have a lot more stuff gathered but i won't hog the soapbox. I am interested to see what others might know and think about this.

I'd like to thank the contributors to my thread that i linked to. Its great to be able to give credit where its due, hope i didnt post a theory that someone else posted either :/

So, what do you think?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I think you're right.

For most historians/archeologists, we can really only trace "civilization" from the point writing began and argiculture/animal husbandry can be verified (Sumarians). The problem with this is we can tell from geology that the world has changed much during and since the end of the ice age. And, as LiveForever's post shows, places that were once inhabited were abandoned/destroyed due to these changes.

While I would love for one day to be able to know how far advanced civilizations go back and to find some sort of "Rosetta Stone" from long lost human settlements . . . I think those times are too far gone to recover much knowledge. If indeed much of our earlier history was "washed" away at the end of the last ice age and we had to "start over" . . . it would take some miraclulous submerged discovery to shed some light on it. Unfortunately, the destructive forces of water and plate techtonics make these discoveries very unlikely.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As we search the option and get glimpse's of what may be under some land masses covered in snow and ice, we may find something that could change how we think of ourselves and our history.

People keep mentioning one day we will be enlightened, perhaps thats what we will be enlightened too. Our past history.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I totally agree with that Theory

Although one might ask, why didn't the ancients have vehicles, modern housing, computers and so forth, I would lean towards the answer of, they were smart enough to not let technology and materialism rule their lives.

Possibly, their ideology or consciousness was attuned totally different to modern day man.
They were obviously intelligent enough to be one with nature and the cosmos.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All this is explained in the Kingston Wall - Alt-Land-Is song. For further research google Ior Bock, Bock Saga & Asers

Alt-Land-Is = All Land Ice = Atlantis

Basically ancient Finns (and some Swedes), known back then as Asers were seen as Gods by all the other people and they spread culture and technology to the rest of the world and then ice age destroyed them..

[edit on 23-7-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
I totally agree with that Theory

Although one might ask, why didn't the ancients have vehicles, modern housing, computers and so forth, I would lean towards the answer of, they were smart enough to not let technology and materialism rule their lives.

Possibly, their ideology or consciousness was attuned totally different to modern day man.
They were obviously intelligent enough to be one with nature and the cosmos.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Village Idiot]

Maybe they did have vehicles of some sort, not like our, but something different. Perhaps it also could not survive thousands of years of burial. Ive seen pictures of a battery that was mad in ancient times. No one can explain it, but they confirm it is a battery.
It eludes to the fact that electricity did exist many moons ago and we simply rediscovered it and applied the knowledge in a different way.
This batter was pretty big, big enough to be considered 12v ATV style battery, so its no small thing.
Perhaps it pushed a two wheel object they created? Who knows, what i do know is its mysterious and lends more credence to the Theory we have been around much long.
Ive watched shows where they talk about what would be left after humans are gone and how long will our civilization stand. Facts are, not much of what we have today would last 100 years, let alone 10's of thousands.

So thats probably we find only pieces of things that make no sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Yes I remember that, didn't they call it the Baghdad Battery?

Anyway, they tried to dismiss it as such due to lack of evidence, particularly, they didn't find any copper wiring.
At first I thought, well, yes, what is it then, but there's no denying it's a Battery of some sort, and the lack of wiring makes the mystery only more intriguing.
I had a weird theory on this a while back, especially when I heard about Puma Punku, I wondered if possibly our Planet may have been shared with Interstellar Travelers, Earth being some sort of rest stop, or Club Med.
But, due to a Universal law of no intervention with the Planets natural Indigenousness occupants, and things did go awry, they had to leave.

I don't buy the "the Ancients didn't know any better than to worship a moving object (Sun)", that would be fine if their knowledge of the Cosmos was limited, but we are learning from the ancients in this day and age.

anyway, great thread, surprises me not more Members have commented, lots of great thinkers out there with some excellent theories like that of Rinoceros and yourself.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Current theory on the Baghdad battery, no pun intended, is that it was used as a source of electricity (duh!) and was utilized in electroplating gold. I don't think there is any hard evidence for this theory, but it would make the most sense when viewed against other known technological capablities of the time.

Baghdad Battery Wiki

Carry on . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Good point, my info is outdated.

got to learn to use Wiki more often

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice thanks for the link and to further this topic and consolidate all info related to it, here is another link that helps this theory's plausibility.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

As time passes, we find more and more evidence that we don't know a heck of a lot about or past.

Maybe some don't see this topic as its buried in a forum not used widely. Perhaps im a lot of peoples Foe, who knows *shrugs*

[edit on 25-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is this Universe the first ???

Or is it "Ground Hog Day" again ??

Ever had a Deja vu ???

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Is this Universe the first ???

Interesting question. No one can be sure i guess. However, we can still research our own species history and gain answers.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

top topics

join