It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross Police Corruption, TRY and defend this LEO's!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I watched this over the weekend. It just boils my blood. Everyone of those LEO's that were there broke the law in one way or another. The property had a locked gate and since they had no warant they tresspased.

I understand they were called first a man with a gun then to shots fired, their blood was already pumping hard. When the LEO's arrived they could have observed for just a few seconds and realize it was a guy just shooting at targets. Instead they rushed in and made a mistake. The property owner was well with in his rights to deny them access and should have clarified that he was out target pratcing. Then again he owed them no explantion.

LEO's have been testing the Constitution for some time now and as evidenced by the outcome of the case you can be charged with anything they can think of or make up.

I am not saying that all LEO's do this but its becoming more and more common.

The victim still has not recovered all of his arms.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, the cops were stupid and need to be prosecuted, yes they violated many rights, and since its on youtube, they will eventually be prosecuted and tried.

but, applying it to all the cops in the world? as if they are all the same person? thats just straight up ignorance. Its like saying, every single pizza parlor is ran by zit faced teenagers, and all carpenters are lazy people. Yet, you know this isnt true.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

I am going to reiterate this to everyone read that first sentence in the OP again.

I came across these videos and this ABSOLUTELY proves the systemic corruption of ALL police officers and their techniques to DESTROY our rights as sovereign individuals.

And then read the component I added later because people were misinterpreting my meaning.

Apologies given to those my OP may have offended. When writing the thread I was angry after watching these videos. I know for a fact there are good and great LEOs out there. I want to reiterate I think the problem is a systemic problem which causes the corruption of the officers in this country. Even if a LEO believes what they are doing is wrong they have to follow procedure. I do believe though that more officers should speak up on their views publicly though on the problems that I refer to.

Again, my apologies.

The endisnighe, the hot head.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Everyone is complaining about the deputies and rightfully so, but what about the courts that uphold this kind of LEO behavior? That is one messed up circuit court to have not thrown the case out and returned the man's property immediately.

People who say "Gun confiscation will NEVER happen in the US" better open their eyes. It's not just for emergencies (katrina) anymore.
Once the court set these kinds of precedents the police will surely follow up with more similar abuses.

My sympathies to Mr. Hart. All it took was one phone call from a "concerned" neighbor and all hell breaks loose.

These deputies should be fired.
Mr. Hart should receive an apology and have his firearms returned.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well, I never brought the courts up in the thread because the defendant in the case pulled a BIG no no in today's world.

He plea bargained with the District Attorney.

Now, I did say to take all incursions with the police of this nature to trial.

Tell the DA's to take a flying leap.

Thanks for the comment ATA.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It seems i had made the same mistake you had.

but, my statement still stands for the people who think that way. its not necessarily aimed at you, but at those other people reading this forum who believe that all cops are bad.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
Yes, the cops were stupid and need to be prosecuted, yes they violated many rights, and since its on youtube, they will eventually be prosecuted and tried.

but, applying it to all the cops in the world? as if they are all the same person? thats just straight up ignorance. Its like saying, every single pizza parlor is ran by zit faced teenagers, and all carpenters are lazy people. Yet, you know this isnt true.

And WHAT makes you think that the cops will be prosecuted? It almost NEVER happens, the DA's are on the cops side all the time, unless they are forced by publicity to do the right thing.

Cops do far worse than this and get NO punishment at all. It is almost impossible to get cops to trial, and a lawsuit is the only way to get them to pay for their crimes.

I personally would have sued all the cops involved and never plea bargained at all. Sue em and take all they have. Cops have NO respect for the People, and see us as the enemy, and we had better see them the same way. Cops are notorious criminals, violating rights and laws all day long...there is no question about it.

But still some people defend them, and their crimes...sick. All cops should be kept on a very short leash, and yanked if they so much as cross the line by an inch. The cops in this case should be horsewhipped and made to do some prison time, and then forced to write the Constitution by hand a thousand times or until they got the drift.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

Originally posted by shiman

And WHAT makes you think that the cops will be prosecuted? It almost NEVER happens, the DA's are on the cops side all the time, unless they are forced by publicity to do the right thing.

im sorry, where did i say they were being prosecuted? i said they NEED to be prosecuted. and EVENTUALLY they will pay for their crimes, as what happens to everybody, in one way or another.

Cops do far worse than this and get NO punishment at all. It is almost impossible to get cops to trial, and a lawsuit is the only way to get them to pay for their crimes.

I personally would have sued all the cops involved and never plea bargained at all. Sue em and take all they have. Cops have NO respect for the People, and see us as the enemy, and we had better see them the same way. Cops are notorious criminals, violating rights and laws all day long...there is no question about it.

But still some people defend them, and their crimes...sick. All cops should be kept on a very short leash, and yanked if they so much as cross the line by an inch. The cops in this case should be horsewhipped and made to do some prison time, and then forced to write the Constitution by hand a thousand times or until they got the drift.

And... this is the type of ignorance i was talking about.

tell me, do you think that all mexicans are lazy and cant speak english? or do you think all black people are gangsters?

this is called generalization, the basis for racism, prejudice, and many other types of ignorance that cause distress in the world.

Those particular cops in the video, should be held accountable for their actions. but i have seen many good cops, doing their jobs, and not acting "above the law"

question to OP, whats LEO?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts in this thread but there is a video on utube, Oklahoma highway patrol pull over ambulance and officer fights emt. I hope this hasn't already been posted. Check it out if you can

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Corrupt police forces have a long history of destroying people who try to work within the system to change it for the better.

A good example of just this is going down right now with the police force of Bell California. The police stood up against a corrupt city government and those very rare brave and good men may well be handing out resumes as we speak.

Someone really needs to invent a hand held corruption meter.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Well, the mayor has resigned.

The tragic thing about that is, he is retiring with a $600k/year package.

Time to eliminate all retirement packages for ALL elected officials. Period.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

LEO is an acronym for Law Enforcement Officer.

I like the old acronym PO for Peace Officer. But the police no longer do that job so I use the newer acronym.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moonshinegrrl

I think this is the one you are talking about.

I believe there is a thread on it here.

Yes, here is the thread-OK State Trooper pulls over ambulance on way to hostpital, chokes EMT.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Is hell freezing over? I'm in total agreement with some people here that I never agree with.

The Blue code needs to come down with a CITIZENS review board in every community.

Internal affairs is a joke.

s&f

[edit on 28-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c557df218eb3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit to add-

[edit on 7/28/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

Don't know why I have to keep saying this but I will
I was a cop for over 7 years and they broke more laws, were more violent, and disgusted me more than ANY of the criminals I had to deal with! While I was on the force I saw corruption and criminal behavior that have jaded me for life!

I saw cops who were drug addicts, thieves, murderers, pedophiles, you name it. And during that same time regardless of the offfense, I saw the department ALWAYS try to cover EVERYTHING up unless they had absolutely no other choice!

It was the sickest and saddest time of my life and ruined my childhood dream for me. I HATE cops...

Ok first off...I am a Police Officer in the US and have been for 5 years. Before that I was in the Marine Corps still serving the reserves.

1) I get really bothered by these vids probably more than a regular citizen beause I am here because of the citizen...to up hold the law and defend the constitution and take care of my fellow man who depends on me to intervene in times of crisis. This video was ok up until they started going inside the house...I have been on several "shots fired" calls. It means you take it seriously cause I dont want to come up on a call and get shot in my car...when they cuffed the dude they should have talked to him about "Hey man we got shots fired in the area and I see you had a gun...whats going on?" That feed back would have let them know he was target shooting with his 22. Then I would have said..."Well...just to be safe to make sure no one is hurt I going to check your house real quick to make sure no one is injured"...for good measure I would ask him if that was ok (it is his house). It is legal and is justified given the freshness of the "emergency" situation without his concent but its respectful practice. I would have walked through the house and seen everything was cool..

2) After finding no one was killed or injured and checking the area to verify his statements that he was shooting a target...Which I would have seen...then depending on if that County had an violation for discharge of a firearm (my city does unless you have a propperly set up target...his looked ok to me depending what was behind it) then I would have had him on his way and contacted the person who called the "shots fired" and let them know it was a guy shooting at a target for their future reference so they dont keep calling it in wasting my time and everyone elses.

Law Enforcement has a huge burdan of responsibility and I take great pride in my job and NEVER have I seen myself as working for the man (TPTB) cause we do have a responsibility to take care of our community law enforcement or no law enforecement...even with it we still have folks beeting the crap out of their kids...ect ect ect...

Not to mention the 1000's of car accidents I have to respond to seeing injured children and dead bodies hanging out of car windows with antifreeze draining with mixed blood down into the ditch trying to take measurements of the crash scene...SUCKS.

So all law enforcement is NOT about trying to screw other people over and the Quote above is a friggin discrace and you probably had some real problems of your own while in and are bitter.

If I EVER seen a fellow officer screwing up I would pull him asside and say "Hey...what the he11 are you doin man...cut that shi7 out." I have a high standard and the other officers I work with do to! We consistantly keep each other on our toes striving for perfection to be a VERY good example to society...that mean no speeding, using turn signals...no drinking...cause I am held to a highter standard to WORK FOR my community. I need their trust to be usful and solve crime and get information from them to solve crime and help people out...if I screw that up my job is useless.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Since you did not like this comment, what do you think should be done about the officers, seargeant, detective and District Attorney involved with this case?

Do you think they should go to prison for just a couple of laws off the top of my head.

Impersonating an officer of the court.
False imprisonment.
Theft.
Civil rights violations.
Perjury.
Conspiring to commit a felony.
Possibly breaking RICO statutes.

What should be done.

I myself think they should all get 20-life and all their assets seized and given to the victim.

That is just me of course, a citizen that believes in justice.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well to answer your question I could ponder alittle bit but that is why there are judges and punishment guidelines for all crimes. Depending on the sevarity and the judge and a fraction (or smaller) of public opinion will guide to a ruling for a punishment fit for their crime.

I want to make it VERY clear. The judicial system sucks...its ran by lawyers and there is a reason why people dont like lawyers....I dont (for the most part) but they do have a role to play and I would say 60/30 they make a fair call on a case. The most corrupt crap I cant stand is the Family Law area!...which dwarfs the criminal justice system with "How much money can you show me and you get what you want." I am a victim of this.

Dude...COPS, Judges, ME, YOU, or any other person...I am a firm believer some people just get in a bad situation or make an emotional bad choice...causing a crime. I can sympathize with that cause we all have a past no one is excluded...but its the ones who consistantly screw up...they need to pay the priced cause they obviously dont learn from their mistakes. Period...cause I didnt almost die both over seas and here in my community for no reason just so folks can get out of criminal behavior and not learn ..."get it or get out" is what I say.

Now the cops fabricating a story...if I was a judge they would be hammered! Held to a higher standard.

Keep in mind its hard for me to 'get it' because I have never been around or experienced a corrupt police department covering up crimes like they do in the movies and obviously like in this video. Cops have ego's cause they consistantly have to fix someones problems with in 15 minutes or less and leave to another call to go do it again...so If they screw up or make a bad call its even harder for most to admit I would think...like we pracitced in the Marine Corps...lead by example.

My department understands were all human...if you make an error or a bad call and didnt know at the time...dont cover it up just be honest and admit it. I have screwed up on a simple misunderstanding with things like stoping the wrong vehicle cause I didnt have a proper vehicle description...I'll tell the driver..."Hey my bad...thought you were someone that just left the scene of a burglary...have a nice day be careful pulling back out into traffic." See what Im saying..if your cool...and be cool...people will be cool back to you. Its simple and I've always been that way even when not in uniform.

Make sense?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Reconer

I myself think they should all get 20-life and all their assets seized and given to the victim.

That is just me of course, a citizen that believes in justice.

Ok and to anwer this real quick...you can not have double standards...I understand you are sickened by that video and other things you have witnessed or understood about police cooruption...but why are you so upset about it?

Let me guess...ummmmmm...cause they are violating your rights right? Hindering your freedom...siezing you while they investigate...in this case illegally right...

One of our wonderful rights as all American Citizens is the right agains cruel and unusual punishment which fits into "the punishment has to fit the crime." 20 years for "all of them"...how do you figure that just off the top of your head...cause your po'd? Most people really honestly dont understand the way the legal system works and thats ok cause its alittle overwhelming to understand. So you might understand why folks dont get it when they see whats reported on TeeVEE and a confiction doesnt seem to fit the crime...to bad it is what it is corruption or no corruption..SUCKS.

Heres what sucks even more fore me...seeing the worst crimes in the world being committed by my own president and his staff! Being buddies with Banks and laundering money and bailing out coorporations that are too good to fail. I would almost say i am put in a position to die almost weekly sometimes daily and I get paid JACK. Nothing. I cant even afford baby formula for my kid sometimes thank God my wife makes more than me...screw that! Thats real crap...so I know this is a forum and such but I know you know what I'm saying here.

Let me tell you alittle secret...alittle 10 year old little girl is raped by her uncle...do you think she is going to have some problems later in life?...like bigtime problems raising a family on her own...or being a mother. YEP. Ive seen some states threw em away for life for this crime. Some states let em out after a few years and they're back at it again....Like I said there is a real gap between the decisions of the judges.

So I know there are retard cops but please trust me on this...if there is a bad cop...he'll get sued very soon within his career and he'll quit. If not his peers will scorn him for being a "retard" and he'll quit. Or....lastly...he'll get fired.

Trust me dude..these guys are hammered for this especially if its on a documentary...they'll never have a decent job again cause I almost garantee they will be fired or be so embarrased at being retards they quit...in the least they'll get transferred out of having public contact and will probably quit once they find a new job cause all the coworkers will scorn them.

Thats the other thing...screw up in this job field and you will NEVER have a legit job again if you get fired...you'll be working at Wal-Mart or a gas station. (Not to say thats bad either...hahahahh)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Well, what is the sentence for false imprisonment? Wisconsin-

Class H Felony Penalties

A Class H felony carries penalties of a fine of up to $25,000, imprisonment of up to 10 years, or both.

So we have a 10 year sentence.

Filing a false police report. California-

Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor and a violation of CA PC 148.5, and can be punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for up to one year and a fine up to $1,000.00.

Impersonating an officer of the court. Generic

Imprisonment up to five years (sometimes more)
Fines (usually $1000 or more)

Armed robbery Generic

We assume that "armed robbery" refers to robbery in the first degree when armed with a deadly weapon, categorized under CGS § 53a-134(a)(2) and 53a-134(b) as a class B felony with the added provision that an offender must be sentenced to at least five years imprisonment, which may not be suspended or reduced by the court. The weapon need not be a firearm. Conviction for a class B felony generally results in a definite sentence of imprisonment for one to 20 years, a fine of up to $15,000, or both.

Perjury Generic

Found one conviction for 12 years

RICO

25 years

Civil Rights violations
Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242
Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

NOW SHALL WE ADD UP JUST A COUPLE CHARGES OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD?!

Alright, without the Civil Rights violation we have 73 years and probably $200,000 in fines.

Add the Civil Rights violation add that a LIFE SENTENCE.

How does that sound to you officer? 20 Years or we throw the book at you and go life with no possibility of parole?

That is the same thing pulled on people everyday in this country.

HOW IS THAT A DOUBLE STANDARD?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join