It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross Police Corruption, TRY and defend this LEO's!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by endisnighe

I saw cops who were drug addicts, thieves, murderers, pedophiles, you name it. And during that same time regardless of the offfense, I saw the department ALWAYS try to cover EVERYTHING up unless they had absolutely no other choice!

and just what the f*ck did you do about it guy?

easy for you to sit back and go "oh good grief the corruption was awful..blah"

but if you knew about it, saw it all, and did nothing, you are no better.

no better at all.

-B.M

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To the police apologists defending the current system of law enforcement, please just stop trying. Seriously, it's really hard to defend what exactly has happened and continues to happen in this country every damn day.

Yes, not EVERY cop is a corrupt piece of #. But these good cops you're talking about? They're just as guilty for how the system is because they are complacent. And I will say it right now if there is a cop out there who says they have never taken part or in the very least witnessed unjust actions done by police officers, they are lying.

The good cops have become complacent in a corrupt system. They don't do anything because, in the end, they aren't so good after all themselves. If their duty is to protect and serve, they do neither by allowing the things that happen to continue. But they do so to protect themselves because if they turn on any of their "brothers", no one will trust them.

Cops don't protect and serve the public anymore. It's that simple. They protect and serve politicians, the corporate elite, and each other. But not the people. The only thing worst than a bad person is a good person who refuses to stop a bad person. And many of the "good" cops are guilty of this, whether they admit it or not.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Show me one instance across the vast landscape of society that has not been assaulted by corruption acts like what is shown in the videos? From the clergy to the highest levels of government there is corruption showing its ugly face and abusing everyone that comes into contact with it.

However, I would not blanket every police officer with the label of being corrupt. Of course there are bad apples among the group and that is certain. Still, there are good ones who have spoke out against corruption and at risk of bodily harm by fellow officers. Frank Serpico comes to mind.

Frank Serpico

Frank Serpico was the first police officer in the history of the New York Police Department to step forward to report and subsequently testify openly about widespread, systemic corruption payoffs amounting to millions of dollars.

Another cop, Keith Herrera, who was part of a elite unit in the Chicago Police Department. He blew the whistle on the misdeeds of his buddies when they went to far. They started out as a robust outfit with special privileges to go hard against the drug dealers, gang members, and murderers. When they were patrolling the streets crime and murders noticeable dropped from years prior.

However, the ugly aspect of our lives known as, corruption, presented itself during their endeavors and brought down the whole thing. It all started with doctoring paperwork to get hardened criminals off the streets. From there it went to them being charged with more heinous crimes.

Officer Herrera Goes Public

. . . seven of the Chicago Police Department's most elite cops were charged with crimes including armed robbery, aggravated kidnapping and home invasion- and one of them was even accused of planning a murder-the nation's second largest police force was thrown into turmoil.

It went to far when his supervisor, Jerome Finnigan, put together a hit on fellow officers who were cooperating with investigators about their crimes. After learning of the assassination plot, Herrera went to the FBI. The moral of the story is officers should have a little more integrity in their jobs. To put it simply, they ought to know better than to partake in corrupt endeavors. Moreover, some have even stolen from widows, pensioners, and the severely wounded of their own.

Criminality reaches far and wide. The officers in the video have no integrity and knew from the get go what the law was. They chose to abuse their authority and trample on that man's Constitutional rights. Hopefully, that man gets a hefty settlement from the county and his record cleaned of those trumped up charges. He has all that evidence in his favor. Corruption and criminality is everywhere. We must hold out hope that the honest individuals have the courage to illuminate the darkness found in their ranks. If no one speaks up, corruption is going to continue and spread to every corner of society.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

What did he do about it? He walked away from his childhood dream, and all you have to do is follow his posts in this site to see his dedication in fighting tyranny, and informing people of their inalienable rights, and he does it in this site on his own free time. Just talk? Walking away from a corrupt institution is not just talk, it is action.

Corrupt police forces have a long history of destroying people who try to work within the system to change it for the better. Frank Serpico is just one example, and his story is almost 40 years old. While his story is famous, (primarily because of a movie starring Al Pacino), because he testified before the KNAP Commission, that testimony did not bring a halt to corruption in The NYPD. Consider these various links to see how corruption in that one police department remains as much a problem today, is it did almost 40 years ago when Serpico tried to bring this corruption to light:

www.angelfire.com...

www.nytimes.com...

lawenforcementcorruption.blogspot.com...

nypdconfidential.com...

www.nyclu.org...\

Again, this is just one police department, and the links I provided are just a few of many detailing the corruption of this one police department. Working within the system to change the system does not seem like the most viable scenario. Your self righteous indignation does little to demonstrate what you are doing about the problem, but I have read enough of Redwookieaz posts to know just one way he is fighting the system.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Complacent is the absolute wrong word, Spectre. Until you've lived it, you really just don't know. People have basically three choices, and in two of them they lose their careers.

They're also lucky if they and their families don't wind up blackmailed, stalked, threatened, or dead. You see how sociopathic and corrupt cops in some of the very videos posted here, yet you somehow assume they wouldn't treat anyone, including other cops, particularly the good ones, as badly or worse?

And in the case of the cops in these particular videos, I don't think they're corrupt at all. They're just ignorant dumbasses who don't know better with terrible training, a crap organization, and horrible leadership. Most cops aren't like that either.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And in the case of the cops in these particular videos, I don't think they're corrupt at all. They're just ignorant dumbasses who don't know better with terrible training, a crap organization, and horrible leadership. Most cops aren't like that either.

Corrupt defined:

1. Marked by immorality and perversion; depraved.

2. Venal; dishonest: a corrupt mayor.

3. Containing errors or alterations, as a text: a corrupt translation.

4. Archaic Tainted; putrid.

The definitions continue with:

v. cor·rupt·ed, cor·rupt·ing, cor·rupts v.tr.

1. To destroy or subvert the honesty or integrity of.

2. To ruin morally; pervert.

3. To taint; contaminate.

4. To cause to become rotten; spoil.

5. To change the original form of (a text, for example).

6. Computer Science To damage (data) in a file or on a disk.

Ignorantia juris non excusat!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I know it's not an excuse. I just think they're dumb and weren't taught right. Just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All LEO's and related organization's need their authority revoked. We can police ourselves,and its a simple solution that will be bloody at first. We know as youths that rape, murdering the innocent, theft, manipulation of the masses, war declared over land,money or religion/beliefs is so wrong that we dont conceive of doing them. All those that do these acts need to find peace or death. We need to stand united against and fight to the death ALL LEO's and anyone who tries to oppress or show authority over us. We would be fine without the corrupt swine. i would hope there is more good than bad LEO's willing to join the People's fight and see all as equal,but to get there everybody has to provide not just consume. Nobody should have authority over anybody. I wish i could see these pigs from the video catch a full mag each starting at the knees.The System Is Broken Time To Start Over and Take OUR Rights and Country Back. Logic, Reason and Unity are The Key The U.S.A. is OUR Country Founded For The People By The People

[edit on 7-24-2010 by Justaillusion]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Naw. It seems to be human nature that if there are no cops, some will step up to be the cops. If you attempt to police yourselves, the same problems will start to arise that brought about cops to begin with. If you got rid of the cops, new cops would pop up and you have no guarantees they'd be any better and the risk they'd be worse. Like PMCs, for example, with even fewer restrictions and guidelines, and I betcha that's right where we're heading.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

And Naw to your theory on human behavior. You don't speak for us people for one second of the day so stop trying to do just that.

We have a broken system that needs to be fixed. To try and assume that all detractors just want to be cops in the place of the corrupt ones is a foolish leap of faith that I don't appreciate for one second of the day.

Humans are better than what we have right now. WE CAN FIX THIS MESS IF WE TRY!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

My reply was to Justaillusion. And um, dude. You and I are on the same damn page about FIXING it and SUPPORTING LEOs who try to fix it. I'm on record on page 1 of this thread saying so. And on page one, my last sentence was freaking sarcasm...about "I think you people want to BE cops."

I am also on record twice in this thread warning you about privatized police.

And in any band of humans the policing function does become one of the first positions filled. Someone gets a pointy badge and gets appointed sheriiff.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Um dude, we're not on the same page. Not even in the same book!

You're statements speak for themselves. You try and tell the readers at first that you are so tired of all cops being lumped together as corrupt and now you try and play the other side of the fence and say that you are on the side of the citizens.

Everybody here can read your posts even if you are so prone to forget them.

In your last post before replying to me you went on another tangent about how us detractors would just wind up being as bad as the corrupt cops that we have in place today when I am fully inclined to disagree with.

The system can be fixed if the citizens demand such measures loud enough. And if they demand the right checks and balances against our corrupt LEOs as we have today.

What makes me angry is your attempt to play wolf in sheep's clothing here. Do you really think that the readers are that stupid?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Oh, and if any LEO has the balls or guts to get on the thread, you damn well better bring your best lying and experience to the table, on trying to DEFEND THIS.

Your thread would be better in many ways if you would have left the childish underlying "challenge" to law enforcement personnel out, and presented it in a more educational way.

There is no excuse for any time someone who wears the badge does wrong. Without hesitation. Its a top career choice for many Americans each year and it gives people a chance to help their communitys. I have seen many young folks enter it then after 3 to 5 years on the job, their outlook on things change drastically. That is, for the ones who can handle it. Going into a career in which people hate you behind your back while smiling to your face and the countless calls you get and never know how it will turn out. Many cop haters in my exeprience, if thats the correct term were the ones who hated you only because you keep catching them doing stupid things over & over.

But the best are the ones who tell you to get off their property while you were only doing your job (civil process, asking questions, etc), then to hear a call to that very persons address later on for help. But back to the thread, I believe your approach coulda been better. Great story. Bad presentation. Sorry....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Yeah, it was very confrontational. I guess I was a little pissed off after watching the video.

It boiled my bottom so to speak. Hell this guy could have been me.

Haste makes waste I guess.

I would like to say you are right and I should have written this a lot better. A LOT BETTER.

I could have gone over all the rights they broke of the individual and all the Constitutional sections they threw out.

Apology given to those I may have offended.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You are a gentleman.

And yes, the video does get one riled up. Bad stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Either you have empathy for the public you are supposed to defend or you resent them, it seems to me that one can also be of both minds and in conflict with themselves, these guys think they are cops but in fact they are SERIOUSLY in DENIAL. A real man, and a REAL COP would have more respect for his position than these fellas do, they are using the power in a arbitrary manner, a manner that breeds disrespect and dissolution of the order they CLAIM to PROTECT.

People have a right to protect themselves, it doesn't matter if you personally WANT their gun, you like it then GO BUY IT, OK?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by LieBuster

Yep at least 90% of police are pure animals that just want the power to wreck lifes.

You could go on and on about abuse of power with these low lifes they call police in our society.

I wouldn't go that far, maybe 10%. This is America, still the home of free choice and I still believe 'we the people' keep our morals and values in check. However, if what you way is true then we are all in a heap of #$%!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaillusion

Please, tell me what you mean by all LEO's. Is that an akranim? (sorry about spelling).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Thanks for the video, watched the first 18 minutes.

Quite enlightening. Cannot wait to get into another gun safety debate now!

Of course those that disseminate the statistics on gun deaths and violence will forget to tell you that on average, guns save more lives and injuries 5 times more than injuries or deaths due to them.

Lots of excellent info, I think I am going to save that to my home page so I can pull it out!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Why is it that because there is corruption and abuse in the system some people seem to take the radical stance that ALL police are corrupt and scum?

Earth to ~lucidity. Up to your post at least, no one said ALL police were corrupt.

We do, however, have the post by redwookieaz stating their experiences with police brutality and corruption AS A POLICE OFFICER.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join