It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross Police Corruption, TRY and defend this LEO's!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Seeing as this is in the conspiracy forum, let me throw this out as well.

One trend I'm noticing and finding very disturbing is the hiring of so many former military and even further former military who were also PMCs, or want to be PMCs. While this makes sense on some levels (basically, they know how to use weapons and follow orders) , it is also of note on other levels.

Many of these guys seem to be the ones getting the most disciplinaries and having some trouble with anger, and I wonder sometimes if there's a correlation and some deeper psychological testing or restrictions might not be in order. In the cases of three departments I am very familiar with, these people also seem to be getting abbreviated training similar to that which an LEO changing states might or departments might get.

And going out on a real limb, what if some of these are plants inside the departments to stir up discontent and animosity so that privatizing of the departments countrywide becomes a more popular option? As I said in another similar thread, the police and fire departments in many places still have strong unions (love them or not, they serve and important purpose, and yes it can be argued that sometimes this leads to the closing of ranks type of behavior, but that's not really the point I'm trying to make here) and strong pensions, both of which as we've seen demonstrated time and again are not acceptable or tolerated in today's America.

Just another way to analyze what appears to be going on. This theory would also not preclude other types of corruption existing. We all know that's a given. Could be a case here of careful what you wish for and support and might inadvertently open yourself up to. That's all.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The video in this case speaks for itself. I think any lawyer would agree the deputy's actions are indefensible, constitute active malice and corrupt practices. I think any jurisdiction in either US or Canada would have him up on charges if the details were brought to their attention. Based on the audio picked up by the recording equipment in their own squad cars, these officers were actively planning theft and obstruction of justice. They are not acting as police officers but as armed thugs.
The most worrisome aspect of this case is I believe it is just one example of corruption that is becoming endemic in law enforcement. I've seen many similar cases recently in Canada and experienced one personally. I think one of the former cops speaking in the video got it right when he talks about the supervisors setting the bar. Broadly speaking, I think episodes such as the video depicts, are due to a failure in leadership. Supervisors who are themselves corrupt, don't care, or look the other way.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I hope you are doing something with those facts....like a legal process??

If not, can I suggest Wikileaks?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wil any of you guys be writing a nice letter to the Law Enforcement Agency involved, to express how you feel about this episode?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I came across these videos and this ABSOLUTELY proves the systemic corruption of ALL police officers and their techniques to DESTROY our rights as sovereign individuals.

Every single copper is corrupt huh. I always find people like you a little funny because if someone mugged you, burglarised your house or someone you care about went missing then the first thing you would do is call a cop.

Some cops are scumbags, just like some doctors, some nurses, some secretaries etc and that's because some people, a proportion in the world are scumbags. Positions of power attract a higher percentage of such people but there are many damn fine officers who do a rather thankless job and do it well.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Sorry systemic corruption of ALL police officers.

Notice that first component? Systemic, meaning it is system wide and creates the atmosphere where even good cops are entrapped into the corruption.

Did you watch the videos?

If you did, which officer actually gave a crap about the man's rights?

If you did not watch the videos, shut the hell up and watch them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

One other thread awhile back brought up the very testing that police departments use to create and enlist people. They do not want people that may question the very actions they are taking.

As one joke in a movie with an unmentionable name now said, I could of been a police officer, if my IQ was a lot lower.

I find it totally a systemic problem. These officers, seargant, detective KNEW what they were doing was UNLAWFUL, let alone illegal.

That is the problem, there is a difference between unlawful and illegal.

Called color of law compared to law.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Here is some info for those that may actually want to contact the city or the police.

www.slocity.org...

Mail: City Manager
City of San Luis Obispo
990 Palm Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Phone: (805) 781-7114
Fax: (805) 781-7109
E-mail: Katie Lichtig or klichtig@slocity.org

www.slocity.org...

City of San Luis Obispo
Police Department
1042 Walnut Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Phone 805.781.7317
Fax 805.543.8108

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Why is it that because there is corruption and abuse in the system some people seem to take the radical stance that ALL police are corrupt and scum?
Frankly, I'm beginning to think some of you want to either BE the police or get rid of them so you can become criminals yourselves and not be taken to task for shooting off your guns.

Defended and quite successfully I might add.

Ahh, how sweet. Cop lovers kissing and reassuring one another in light of blatant criminal abuse caught on video for all to see.

Totally and utterly disgusting.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

I don't think anyone denies that there is corruption and abuse, least of all me. My response went more to the stereotypical reactions in these types of exposes, which sometimes appear very clear but more often than not are not the entire story. But the OP got the thread back on track, so it's all good

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by warequalsmurder

I don't think anyone denies that there is corruption and abuse, least of all me. My response went more to the stereotypical reactions in these types of exposes, which sometimes appear very clear but more often than not are not the entire story. But the OP got the thread back on track, so it's all good

I understand your frustration, believe me I do. I know that cops have the potential to do good things.

We just don't see them doing those good things much anymore.

I'm for a total overhaul of the training process that has seemingly so alienated them from the public.

If the training can be turned around and the cops start diffusing situations instead of constantly escalating them than things might just turn around.

But as evidenced here and on many other threads these days, we just have a horrible state of affairs that need to be changed.

My theory is that the training is the fundamental problem here. With a few other ones that are off topic of this thread so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Dear endisnighe,
Why would any LEO worth his salt defend the actions of these idiot deputies? They were wrong, they over reacted, and they are dirty.

Having said that, how dare you put ALL (in caps, none the less) police officers are being corrupted. Yes, I am an LEO and no, I am not corrupt and yes, I fight corruption.

It's amazing to me that in another thread I had my post jerked, given a warning, and penalized (points,which I don't use anyway) for getting tough with some guy putting down and generalizing LEO, as you have. Yet, here you have made a gross generalization of all LEO, put your crap in big bold letters, and you make it to the front page.
hmmmmmmmm

Perhaps the moderators need to all enforce in the same manner or not at all, or perhaps we have some police hating moderators, or perhaps the moderators are just buddy, buddy with certain posters, or perhaps some of the moderators are corrupt as some LEO are corrupt.

Well, I tell ya, I'm going to make one final post about LEO in a new thread and that will be my last words on the matter. That is, if I am not just banned from ATS all together after this post.
Seeshrink

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

As I have explained a couple comments back. Here was my comment.

I came across these videos and this ABSOLUTELY proves the systemic corruption of ALL police officers and their techniques to DESTROY our rights as sovereign individuals.

Did you watch the videos? They used the exigent circumstances ruling to circumnavigate the 4th amendment by blatantly lying about it. Not just one of the officers but every single one of the officers, sergeant, and detective on scene. What I meant was the systemic problems force all officers to destroy the rights of us citizens. Tell you what, in the beginning when I started open carrying awhile back, I had to TEACH almost EVERY cop my rights. That pretty much opened my eyes to the ignorance of the LEO's in my area.

Maybe I should have been more exact with that sentence.

I am an old school Constitutionalist and one thing I have found outright scary is that most LEO's actually believe the Constitution is meaningless in this day and age.

Sorry to tell the LEO's out there this, but UNLESS their is a victim, THERE IS NO CRIME.

ALL laws are restricted to the Constitution. If new legislation is not defined within the Constitution or are not THERE, they are not LAW, they are color of law. And color of law is UNLAWFUL.

80% of all police interactions are unlawful. Period.

The government is NOT my parent and LEO's are NOT my father figure.

How bout going after the thieves, pedophiles, rapists, murderers and leave us INNOCENT CITIZENS ALONE!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So speeding's not a crime? Can you get me the points back on my license?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Actually speeding is not a crime. Neither is drunk driving-unless of course you caused harm to another.

Those are contractual infractions.

A driver's license is a contractual obligation to follow the "rules of the road".

Being who I am, I am not a driver, or an operator of a motor vehicle as defined by the contract law of the traffic jurisdiction. I am a traveller, period. I am not involved in any commercial business on the roads. I do not contract with the state or the fed to provide any service.

Look up the history of drivers licensing and you will be amazed. 40 years ago they did not have licensing schemes like we have now. They did not have registration schemes they have now. Have they passed some Constitutional amendment I am not aware of? I think not.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well I guess I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. I have one point left anyway. Oh are you a freeman? I read about some of that. I need to find out more.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Have you ever read the book series Dune?

Yes, I am leaning toward being a freman.

What I like to call it is I am a sovereign citizen in the Republic of Wisconsin in the unincorporated united Republics of America.

I have had it with the federal government's destruction of the Constitution and the complicit nature of the Globalists to destroy the sovereignty of our country.

Look into the financial bill just passed. It is a DIRECT linking of all the nations into a global financial schema.

I think the whole purpose of a couple of things lately were instituted to deflect attention away from that bill. Remember how hard it was to pass the HCB? And not one MSM source has even talked about the financial bill except to mention there will be a new "consumer protection bureacracy".

A bunch of bull# if you ask me. They have just finalized the Dec 23 1913 decimation of our economic rights.

Someone should really begin a breakdown of that POS bill.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
UN-FRACKIN-BELIEVEABLE!!! Mmmm...MY neighbors, are USED to hearing AUTOMATIC WEAPONS FIRE, from MY property. The Sheriff, also knows, that I am a C-II firearms manufacturer, AND experiment with machine guns- PLUS- I outgunn his department, 500:1!! (HE doesn't have a 40mm, breech-loading field cannon!) HE doesn't even have a 20mm belt-fed semi-auto!!, though, he HAS tried to buy one, from me!
If EITHER of those Keystone Kops, had shown-up at MY HOME, I might have ended-up dead- but, I would SURELY take a LARGE "Honor Guard", with me!!

"Mess with a rich, crazy woman on her own property, get what you deserve!"- Me, now.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

"Hanging's, too good fer 'em!" Get a rope, and let's "string-em-up"!!
(You see, in "hanging", the criminal, id dropped through a trapdoor, USUALLY breaking his neck, instantly. "Stringing-them-up", is when you loop a noose aroung the criminals neck, and RAISE him, and watch him kick and squirm, for about 10-15 minutes, while his face turns purple, and his tougue sticks WAAY out! MUCH more entertaining, and suitable, for liars, er Lawyers, and Congresscritters, and Residents of the White House (TRAITERS, all). (This is for educational porpoises ONLY, and should NOT be construed, as permission from ME, to go-out, and hang FEDGOV employees- contact me directly, for a permission slip!)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks everyone again for the comments.

I am going to reiterate again that the initial statement in the OP still stands. There is a systemic problem in the US that ALL cops are part of. Yes, there are good cops out there, but if the system itself is set up to destroy our unalienable rights, what chance do individual true peace officers have?

This entire department in California, should be fired and replaced. Period. Including the POS district attorney that was complicit in this travesty of justice by convincing the person to take any plea agreement.

Oh, and PatriotGal.

Myself am just a holder of a couple weapons. Wink wink say no more.

For one thing, look at what happened to this guy.

Oh yeah and government, not one of mine are registered. hehe. So you have no idea what weapons I have. I grew up in a time where the populous believed registration was the first step to confiscation.

GUESS WHAT, they were right.

If I have to register something that is legal to have, is that not PROVING that it is not a right but a privilege?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join