It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross Police Corruption, TRY and defend this LEO's!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Why is it that because there is corruption and abuse in the system some people seem to take the radical stance that ALL police are corrupt and scum?

And to furthermore take the stance that all police are guilty of this or need to be fought or shot or done away with, totally avoiding the idea or even a rational discussion of why we might actually need law enforcement?

Why is the immediate knee-jerk reaction from so many is to fight them instead of to support what is positive and good and necessary and work to fix the corruption in the system?

Frankly, I'm beginning to think some of you want to either BE the police or get rid of them so you can become criminals yourselves and not be taken to task for shooting off your guns.

Defended and quite successfully I might add.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wish ATS had a survey function. I would love to see the results of a poll in which the participants indicate, based upon their personal experience:

Have the police ever:

Helped you
Assisted you
Protected you
Hurt you
Hindered you
Harassed you

Somehow, I get the feeling that there are not many, if any at all, that would select one of the positive responses.

Protect and serve? Yeah right. In my 37-years, the police have neither protected me nor have they served me. They are always too busy writing traffic citations for purposes of generating revenue to ever "serve" the public in any tangible form.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by SpectreDC

Yeah, it's definitely not an easy fight. The corruption in law enforcement is at all levels, including those not directly related to the departments themselves. And I'm sure you you know what happens to cops who do try to fight the corrupt system.

Nowhere do I apologize for corruption or the individuals in these videos or even say that oversight and reform is not necessary. The corruption is not easy to fight, for the reasons you yourself outlined and more.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by ~Lucidity]

My main objection to what you have said is to how widespread the problem is.

It's a lot worst than you seem to realize and it is much more widespread. I doubt there is a precinct left in this country without a corrupt officer in it.

And the largest problem is quite simple. There aren't any good cops anymore. Some surely don't give people a hard time but they still fail to reign in their own.

And Aggieman, I think my most positive experiences with cops involves them not actually doing anything they're not supposed to do. Which in itself isn't a good thing if that is what I consider positive.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for the post. I should have been more specific, though.

I think an LEO should get a stiffer sentence for breaking any law that the rest of us 'common folk' have to obey.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I know exactly how widespread it is, probably far more so than most, and I don't believe anything in my post alluded to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok it's good to see some positive, productive conversation on the subject however I'd like to think that I have a little more control over my emotions and thoughts than a brick wall and thus don't appreciate being compared to one.

Having said this. My friends John Paul and Spectre DC have mostly hit the nail on the head as far as this subject is concerned from my perspective. It was a matter of disgust that led me to quit and yes of course there are many LEOs/prosecutors and the like who are not inherently bad people. What they are guilty of though, more often than not, is looking the other way. That is NOT an acceptable course of action in my mind.

I left in disgust after doing things like not covering for those around me who knowingly broke laws. I left after my stance of refusing to just stand idly by ensured that I was ostracized/singled out. I was a BAD GUY for not accepting the corruption! And I was not alone either. Many good cops who would not stand quietly by were also forced out of their jobs during the same time. Including one of my heroes, the reason I wanted to be a cop, a man who was an assistant chief and really should have been the chief. He was not the chief because he wouldn't play their game. Instead he was forced out only a few years before his retirement.

SO please don't call me a brick wall till you've walked a mile in these shoes as they say....

Edit for S&G

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Everyone in this country has to be persuaded that, if abuses like this continue, no one will be safe.
The rights guaranteed to us in the Constitution are there to protect us all - cops too.
The more we allow the government to abuse the contract, the less free everyone becomes.

I would like to see the dissolution of the Police corporations and reconstitute the powers of the elected Sheriff. The greater the authority given to an office - the greater should be it's transparency and accountability to the people.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How many of you remember Frank Serpico? Look at what he went through when he tried to fight the police corruption in N.Y.city. He came within a breath of getting killed fighting it. The problem is, yes they got it under control, but for how long? When we live in a world full of selfish people, and very little in the way of spiritual, you will always have this problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to reiterate that these videos prove a systemic problem. I am sure this is SOP in every dept in the US. Just that there are those that do not follow SOP, and are likely forced out.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The police are, by their very nature, corrupt. They are tasked with enforcing "laws" enacted by a government that has no authority to do so. They have, of their own volition, agreed to participate in the oppression--and illusion--known as "state power".

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." The police are not immune to this phenomenon. The only way to eliminate police brutality is to eliminate the power structure that deems the police necessary (i.e., the state).

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would like to reiterate a previous posters word.. Thanks allot for pissing me off.. How old is this???.. Is it still going on? Can anyone dig into this???.. I would be willing to donate 25% of my monthly income for a month or 2, to hire this guy a pit bull of a lawyer.. Can someone with more motivation than myself work on this? Contact the right people and see if we can help?
I am serious 100% .. lets get this guy the best weapon he will ever own...Jonny Cochran reincarnated!!!!! Lets get these cops fired and this guy some justice.
These officers are pathetic cowards..

I had a dream... I was in this town....painted my face like Rambo... I kidnapped all of these cops and took them to a place where nobody could hear their screams... I took a 22 and started at the toes... every hour on the hour.. I shot each of them in a rotating joint.. Start with their toe knuckles... I am serious... I could get 20 hours out of their feet alone... Then I took zip locks filled with gas and taped them around their feet to "soak"... Then systematicly worked my way up their bodies until shock or death killed them...

LEO's... Enough of you are bad, I have to say...F all of you!!!!!

2 people become cops...ok maybe 3.. but the 3rd is like 1.5 %

1) The kid in school that never quite fit in and was picked on..
2) The jock, that simply was not good enough to play any sport outside of highschool.
3) The 1.5 that think they can fix the world.... Little do they know ..the problem is the force they just joined.

Get some info on this you info hounds.. lets actually do something this time..Put your money where your mouth is ATS.. lets fight this from the front lines..

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

If you are part of a group committing atrocious acts,whether you are committing them or not,standing by and watching your buddies destroy people for no good reason other than the fact that they can,makes you as guilty as they are....

I don't care what authority you may be granted,if the grantors of such authority are corrupt in their intentions,whether or not they are conscious of it,makes you as corrupt as they are.

Cops do not think for themselves,because they can't think for themselves and keep their job,it does not make it right.

There is no justification for these type of things happening!.

Anyone who can justify what these people did to this man is as idiotic as those who did it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You're not stopping anything from happening either. Why don't you go make a citizen's arrest the next time you see a cop breaking the law? Oh, what's that? You know it would just destroy your life and accomplish nothing in the process because he'd hide behind his badge to beat the charges?

Well guess what, I'm sure the same thing happens when one cop arrests another for "being corrupt."

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I don't believe you'll find too many people, either outside or inside law enforcement who defend or condone this type of behavior. I guess that depends on how you define the group. Two guys in a squad car? A team of cops who never should have been cops to begin with getting together to run things their way? An entire department?

Nice theory, but the reality is a lot harder to both discern and live with, particularly without acting as judge, jury, and executioner, or a vigilante, or becoming the executed yourself. The first people corrupt cops hide things from are other cops. Especially the good ones.

Do they sometimes close rank? Yep. Is it always for the reasons you assume? Nope. They're thinking about a whole lot of other things when things like this happens...some you could probably guess at, and some you can't.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Okay I am going to post more info. Bear with me I am using my xp on screen keyboard, my cordless has died. So will keep my contribution short.

policecrimes.org...

calcoastnews.com...

www.calguns.net...

www.kccn.tv...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was riding with a girl in her car once,my brother was along too.We were heading out of town to get some beer,and she got pulled over by the cops out on the highway in a remote area in florida.

My brother and I were nearby when one of the cops said to her she shouldn't be driving because of issues with her license,and he could smell alcohol on her breath,two others were running mine and my brothers ID's.

We BOTH KNEW she was drunk...........She was even driving like she was...

After a few minutes,the cops,all 3 of them took her back into their car,and told us that if we even looked back toward it we would be spending the night in jail,so we didn't.

We did discuss what we thought may be going on,and we were right...

We waited for about an hour,and they finally let her come back out from the car,they stated that she couldn't drive,and that my brother's license was not valid,that I was the only licensed person in the car....

They tried to TELL me I had to drive,like ordered me,but I had been drinking too,and said I couldn't.

Then the cop told me to get out of the car,threw me acrossed the hood,and kicked my feet apart as if to frisk me,and accused me of refusing to drive,and I thought,"What The F....?".

Then I said,right in front of their camera and microphone on his dash,
"Sir,I have been drinking,I am positive I am over the legal blood alcohol content to operate a motor vehicle....."

They told me to stay where I was,and had them a little Pow-Wow,I waited for about 5 minutes while they discussed what to do...

All of the cops hopped into their cars within a few seconds,the one cop backed out from under me while I still leaned on his damned hood,and they were gone.

I'm glad they weren't more corrupt than they were.

But they were corrupt enough where they really didn't belong in such a position as they occupied,and I wasn't stupid enough to be forced to drive,only to be pulled over by them afterward.

Scum,all 3,but they coulda been scummier.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I have been unemployed for awhile,but would be happy to contribute to a fund for this guy's defense if there is still anything that can be done to make this right.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

Don't know why I have to keep saying this but I will
I was a cop for over 7 years and they broke more laws, were more violent, and disgusted me more than ANY of the criminals I had to deal with! While I was on the force I saw corruption and criminal behavior that have jaded me for life!

Respect man

yes i know we must have a few good cops but they are forced out.

Same for politicians but few and far between.

F@uk the wild west seems better that what we have just now and we need to go back before we can go forwards and by that i mean a full on revoultion and hopefully the army will be on side to keep our so called police at bay that are now nothing better than Hittler youth squads.

let me buy you a drink

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've cost a police chief his job at one point...
Would I live in a town without a decent constabulary...NO!

But people have to be proactive and stand against injustice and for justice.
BOTH, or the system just will not work.

PS
I have been on very good terms with the other police on that force ever since...they don't need bad management to add to their problems either.

The police state however is a variation that is not citizen or police friendly in the long run.
It relies on criminality like a sailboat uses wind.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thanks for posting this thread and your right. Overtime the police will take what they can carry and drive off somewhere else for a new victum. $&F! Don't ever retire!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join