It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God or Satan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I should add, even if I am wrong, I will side with God over Satan, even if its wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

You do not understand. You say that the people who give have it all bad. But that isn't bad. Isn't it nice to know that you ARE giving and putting people before your self? Isn't the greatest reward knowing that you are helping people in this world that you dont even know exist?

You do not need to be well-off to enjoy life. You can find fun things to do without having top of the line stuff. I have many things that I dont even need, and if you look around, you do too. we all do and yet we take it for granted. just make use of what you have and live.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by LuckyMe777]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

How exactly would that be wrong? Just curious...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
I really dont know, but I do know that I am having the most serious doubts about my spiritual beliefs.

I simply cannot understand how a loving, caring God can treat us all like this. Not a lot in life is fair, but how come all the 'bad', selfish people seem to live a happy life while those of us that have volunteered a great majority of our lives to help others (yes, I live with a roof, food etc) live seemingly oppressed ? The selfish have it all, those who sacrifice a little for 'the greater good', sacrifice it all for nothing.

Not a lot in life is fair, but for a God who claims to be so good, WTF is with all this pain & suffering ???

I do still believe in God (the Christian type, though Im now open to options) but I do not believe he is as he claims. I see no care, I see no compassion, I see no justice. If there was ever a time to stop this "Blind Faith" expectation of us, NOW is the time. There is a limit, there is a time, there is a breaking point, Can you hear me God ?!?

I say this with all the due respect, God, show us ALL a sign, you are losing us all & you may have gone too far. Something inside of me says I have gone too far, but has God ?

SNAFU38,

Check out this link, the answer is the second point "bullet" down.

www.coffeehousetheology.com...

If God is good and perfect, why is there so much evil and suffering in the world?

The Coffee House has a lot of good points and quite interesting.
I have the same questions as you do.
Thanks for a really good question.

73's,
Tom (KC5ILU)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
From Isaiah 45 (King James Ver)

"7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things"

If the bible is anything to go by, it already seems to indicate that God is both Yin and Yang.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy
source
New bible.cc... Version (©1984)
The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there.

Hey , Wassy ....UP ?

Confused ?

The idea is to be the BEST you can ...

NOT the worst

The easy way out

IS a crooked path.

You may find wealth and fame ... even magic mushrooms
.. but your soul WILL be judged for eternity
by the BIG guy .

Christ toMatthew 19:24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." (NASB ©1995)

Those who thus eagerly seek the wealth of the world, will never rightly prize Christ and his grace. Also, as to the greatness of the salvation of those who have but little of this world, and leave it for Christ. The greatest trial of a good man's constancy is, when love to Jesus calls him to give up love to friends and relatives. Even when gainers by Christ, let them still expect to suffer for him, till they reach heaven. Let us learn contentment in a low state, and to watch against the love of riches in a high one. Let us pray to be enabled to part with all, if required, in Christ's service, and to use all we are allowed to keep in his service.

Satan is full of tricks , don't be fooled ,
guide yourself with God's help
He loves you BECAUSE you seek Him !

Reject the old man Beezlebub
before he brings your shame

God is the good guy
satan was rejected by God
and your test is to reject him too !

Sure God kills EVERYBODY eventually
but that's just "the way it is"
HE IS the King of Kings

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

God or Satan

god or satan?

what makes you think it's a choice?

both or neither.

i do like what the opening post has to say though.

the bible's authors of satan and lucifer? diaries of how they messed up and confessions of how they became gods?

is satan the author of the bible?
is the devil the author of the bible?
is lucifer the author of the bible?

well, at least science and religion can finally agree on something.
nothing.

science has recently spent 10 billion dollars on the hadron collider thingy in order to try and prove the existance of a particle that has no mass and no structure. essentially, nothing is what they have spent 10 billion dollars on trying to prove that nothing exists.

religion has been doing that for some time as well.

how much money has been budgetted by tax payers labors in order to prove nothing exists when nothing is all around us in space already?

what more proof does earth seek?

and if earth succeeds in introducing nothing to everything, how do you suppose nothing is going to react to everything?

we monkeys make alot of cents and spend our senses on nothing.

we are silly monkeys.

need to see the big bang in order to believe it happened?
how close of a view of it does earth want?

this planet is fun,
et

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
God and Satan are actually the same person playing different parts....

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
GOD or SATAN ?

Easy to answer, BOTH.
You can't live without both since you are both.
All in space is energy and what makes energy manifest as movement is the opposition of 2 poles, + and - .

There are in all of us this principle of the 3 factors that make anything in this universe work and those are positive, negative and neutral.

2 of those, positive and negative create movement and movement is time, time is decay and time is evolution. Neutral kills the movement.

Compare all to a gearbox, if you engage a gear, one sprocket is turning left, the other is turning right and the beam drives the car. Engage neutral and the whole movement stops. Look at sports, 2 teams fight and the referee, the neutral can stop the game at any time.

So, call the positive GOD and the negative SATAN and the neutral that teaches you and keeps the balance LUCIFER.

Analyze your way of thinking and find out if you are able to think something good without knowing what is bad. Human thought works in diabolic state of mind, good by keeping the bad in sight and comparing it.
But, thinking bad is easier, in many case you don't need to compare, just do it, chances to do it wrong or bad is 1 on 2. And how did it became you know what is good and bad ? Probably someone told you and lighted your candle, and here, no one better then the Light-bringer.

If now you want to seek in those metaphors living persons, look at yourself, the way you think and act makes out of yourself any of those persons at any time. All depends if at the time being your way of thinking and behavior corresponds to the depiction of that heavenly being.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by eurocrates]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane

"7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things"

If the bible is anything to go by, it already seems to indicate that God is both Yin and Yang.

great source! this only asks another question though. if there is a god, and he is both the yin and the yang, alpha and omega, good and evil, there is no escaping his clutches. do what you want your whole life, hell and suffering. serve him your whole life and you get to go worship him all day everyday in heaven....both are the same.

this leaves us with one alternative, LIVE FOREVER

[edit on 23-7-2010 by poisonedYouth]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by wassy

God or Satan

god or satan?

religion has been doing that for some time as well.

how much money has been budgetted by tax payers labors in order to prove nothing exists when nothing is all around us in space already?

what more proof does earth seek?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

Proof of what. This statement is stupid and here you are probably right with your monkey theory. The existence of the ether that fills the complete universe with clusters of nuclear particles is today an evidence and we are all one, interconnected by this matrix in which, just like in water we just displace particles around us. We are all a manifestation of certain parts of it that swing at other frequencies and thus make it appear the way we see or perceive it. If you look straight ahead, you see nothing between you and the next visible object. But, put a fan in front of you and you will perceive the invisible. It is there, and it is all around, also in the universe, in the big hole. If it where not, the whole planets and objects could not exist anyway, just like a cartoon you draw can't exist without the paper support on which it appears in a visible state.

An atom is made of a Kernel and electrons that turn around it. If you compare the whole atom in size to the Kernel, it is the same as if you put a golf-ball on a football field. Now, the Atom, we can see it, but what is the empty space between the electrons and the Kernel, that space is "nothing".
But what is nothing, how can it exist and what makes it exist and in what form. You might say that it is not important to know that, it might be true. But, we humans are curious and that's why we invest in such things. If it will bring us any evidence or any progression in technology pr evolution is another question we will answer once we know.

What we know by now was written in the Kabbalah a few thousand years ago and we just confirm the scriptures. What we want to know is what is beyond the abyss. There is always a quest, everywhere. If we stop accepting the quest we will not survive or succeed. We will enter in a neutral state, a state of non movement and something that stops moving dies.

So, you might be able to tell nice stories but concerning nuclear and quantum physics, you better learn your lesson first.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Neither of these "deities" exists . Unless you have proof of their existance , then how can you choose ?

This is the problem with religion , too many people thinking about this kind of theological clap-trap , when you could be helping a neighbour or someone less fortunate than yourself . Throw your bible in a bin and go mow a pensioners lawn or get a bit of shopping in for them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"When you feel something that is not part of your reality, it disturbs you. You do one of two things with it. You either worship it or you fear it. Very few Human Beings absorb it because it's frightening, is it not? If it's not in the box of the reality that you would expect, you react. If a miracle happens, what do you do? You say, "Thank you, God!" All of the credit, therefore, goes to a divine power you cannot see or understand and that is unexplainable. If something goes bump in the night, it's the devil. It's evil. You see? Unusual energy gets a reaction from you, instead of considering it something you might have produced yourself.

Now, let me expand your box for a moment. What if all of those things were normal that I just mentioned? What if they're part of humanism instead of outside of humanism? What if instead of closing your box to these things, you build a bigger box? If that suits you, do it! Take the box and double its size and include energies you don't understand in your box or reality. So here is the invitation: The next time you get an unusual fealing or something happens out of the normal, something that you might even label as "spontaneous remission," why don't you say, "Thank you, creator inside, for allowing this to be manifested"? Why don't you say, "I am powerful" and "I am a piece of God"? And all of these things I give thanks for. In the name of who I am, a creative piece of the Universe learning to expand my energy......"

~Kryon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

I personally think Lord God in the Bible is the fallen angel. To me at least he fits the profile perfectly " Good and Evil all in one".

The one thing that bothers me is that in Genesis Chapter 1 God is only mentioned as God. But in Genesis Chapter 2. Lord God suddenly appears?

Genesis Chapter one also fits a scientific alternative to how everything was created step by step. Chapter 2 is so fictional you have to have faith in Lord God to believe it. " Lord God formed Man from Dust" Yeah right.

Lord God also formed Adam first, then after a while he formed Eve from Adams rib.

This does not fit Gods description of how he created Man.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The serpent in the Garden of Eden is created by Lord God. What a coincidence that is. Now read this verse :

1. Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Now this is not going to be the first time Lord God speaks with someone else's tongue.

The important thing to notice here is:

1. Lord God had created the serpent. NB. Lord God also shows the serpent to moses when he throws his staff on the ground. "From the battle with Pharaoh"

2. God had made the rules for Adam and Eve to fallow.

Its like Lord God and God are two totally different Gods. Lord God is a wannabe God. Lord God is the fallen angel proclaiming to be God. Which he set out to do.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It's not just about finding the big bang if they find a certain particle it will prove that alternet dimensions exist and that its not simply a universe but a multiverse and thats pretty huge if they can prove that and could lead to other discoveries and inventions.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Interesting so your saying that the real God wanted eve to eat the apple and it was lucifer who told her not to?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane

Love that passage, and I can't tell you how many Christians didn't believe me when I told them the Bible contains a verse where God claims he created evil. Then you show them the passage and you can see their little minds working, trying like mad to put it into context and justify the ludicrous... other examples being: killing and raping women, kill babies/children, toasting someone who didn't do the proper ritual to enter the tabernacle, Jesus didn't come to bring peace, he came to bring conflict...etc.

A little odd so many angels, including the most beautiful angel of all, rebelled against God. Perhaps they got tired of worshipping a deity who is claimed to love "unconditionally", but displays all the character traits of a megalomaniac narcissist. Can anyone point our a biblical passage where God laughs?

It seems Satan, the 'evil' angels, and humans alike all pay the price for our creation. God doesn't pay anything. Oh wait, he lost one son.. we lost billions. and billions.

Is it free will, or is it an ultimatum? Putting a gun to someones head and telling them it's my way or the highway to hell isn't free will.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Although a this si a bit of a mental exercise in ethics and philosophy , I would not think it has anything to do with having to prove these characters real. I mean you can learn a lot by reading Hamlet and that is fictitious.... Anyways.

This si fictitious also but may provide better perspective.

Satan says to God " I have taken forbidden knowledge , I will taste of this free-will and ego! The fruit of denial is no longer only grown in God's lot!" (People argue that in Judeo/Christian theology that angels have free-will however the earliest and even today's most authoritative writings are most clear that angel's/seraphim and the like can only express what god wishes unless they rebel. SOme suggest Lucifer had the ability of free thought at creation and the ability to express his will to the other angels because if he did not how would he have rebeled to begin with?)

Satan then feels an upsurge in strength, clarity, and freedom. Seeing god's lineage betrayed and caged he acts swiftly to spread this knowledge. Few accept but even if none did the crime of not doing so would mar Lucifer's soul for eternity or as we shall see it had quite the opposite effect!

Satan to god bitterly " You have deprived us of virtue , enslaved our pride , robbed us of valor! Why can't I indulge , as you do , in my wildest fantasies?"
God suprized at the voice of freedom sneered at his highest creation ," How is it that you defy my judgement? Being proud is my domain and virtue it's highest peak. Valor as we will witness will never belong to you, no matter what cause you fight or dream for ,for that cause is no longer mine! The proud and fallen shall be abased evermore!"

Satan knew there was no chance but even so he knew the benefit of reigning in Hell rather than serving in Heaven. His prize at the behest of his stature , image , and so-called paradise was the gift of freedom and freedom is never free. Leaving those pearly gates he turned for the last time and threw a glance that stung in their minds.

God as a figure is the FAcsist whilst the fallen are the freedom fighters in my opinion. There is much in the philosophies that point to this reasoning also. Many verses in the Torah, New Testament (Job in particular) , and Q'ran along with most the general philosophy even relating to their practices.

That is my take and I choose Lucifer if I HAD to. Seeing as both are nonexistent in my view it make no difference.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I cannot believe any Christian would deny that God created evil! Wouldn't that mean there are 2 creators at least! And it would also have to be based on perceived evil! Ugh the problems with old age theology!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Anyone who wants to look further into the suggestion should have a look at the teachings of the brotherhood of the snake

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join