It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God or Satan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

If we were to judge god and satan on our own moral values, we generally regard killers as being somewhat evil. Using that criteria as a guide, we could also deduce that the more people you kill, the more evil you are.

If we were to take figures from the bible on who has killed more people, god or satan, the answer is overwhelmingly god.

God: 2,270,365+ Killings
Satan: 10 Killings (offspring of Job via a wager with god)

Source

I have read other figures in the past that show the above figures to be very conservative in relation to the amount of people god has actually killed. For instance, I don't think that source takes the great flood into consideration. We could easily add on a few extra million in that case.. and that's just for starters.

All I suggest is do your own research. If you can find different figures to those which I have posted, by all means post your update in this thread.

Let the Flames begin!

IRM

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by wassy

Hallucinogens do not prove an existence of God one way or another. The experience provided by them can either nullify or verify the existence of a deity at least in the individual of the user. I merely was stating that your idea that mushrooms and other hallucinogens leads to beliefs in deities is false. I am proof that they actually can lead you to atheism.

I guess its all in what you take away from your experience I just find it fascinating that theres plants on this planet that can do such things to your brain and how dmt exists in almost every living thing on the planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Surely you don't think Satan is better than God ?!!

Satan is playing with your head if you think that.

I know it's 2010 and it's cool and trendy to like Satan but put your faith in the Lord if you want to be on the winning side.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That is an "Outside of the box" angle.
I think many things are possible, but I think this idea may be overthinking abit.
I try not to question god/s goddess angel or demons.
There are too many angles and variables for my primitive brain to take in and I would end up deadlocked for the rest of my life contemplating trivial things like a piece of rice.

Just try to do the right thing and hope for the best.

Good question However, but im gonna get back to simple things that my brain can comprehend like quantum math and the sort.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Exactly so it would seem that god is really the evil one so it could either be satan was right in trying to overthrow him or god is/was acually satan in disguise.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Wow what an arrogant prick

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

Its sad though... that people use such unhealthy things to try and 'see a new perspective'. Personally, I think its stupid, but obviously that is not what everyone thinks.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey man you've got one of the most powerful psychedelics in the world being produced in your brain right now as we speak, everyone has their own ways of viewing the world and psychedelics can certainly help in having different perspectives about things, I think many great artists and writers would be nothing without a certain molecule.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Feel free to think what you want, I don't believe any good comes from it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

The concepts your describing have raw meanings that go deeper than you comprehend. Hopefully your starting to notice "it" too. Kinda like being in a zombie movie I think...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by PositivelyDetermined]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Luciferian doctrine teaches people to do what's best for them, not what's best for mankind

[edit on 22-7-2010 by frozenspark]

That's not accurate. Before making sweeping statements, it's a good idea to research a little, or at least glance at a wikipedia page.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

I don't personally think there is any deity dichotomy like that. It's just not that believable to me. But what do I know? If some deity wants me to believe that they exist all they have to do is show me. Not a big deal for an omnipotent entity I wouldn't think.

That said, I'm not totally against the idea of a higher spiritual power, in some form.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Hmmm you have me intrigued can you give me a little direction on what "it" is please.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
These thoughts of yours serve you as nothing less then a waste of time.

I suggest getting to the heart of the matter.

Then you can find peace.

And I dont mean that you can find some superficial peace, by all means you can.

But there is a different peace, it is a self sustaining survival mechanism for the currents of time called love.

Throw religion out, it has betrayed you.

But keep your bible, because it holds certain keys and cetain truth.

You know what is true, you are a fractal. A universe. You are abnything you want to be. Only if you believe and search the truth, which is simple.

You are a shooting star. Better keep moving.

Your life is a magnification of a colony of ants and then boom. destruction.

We are here to learn.

Did you ever notice that when you look at stars through a telescope that it is like looking at cells under a microscope?

I certainly did.

I wish you good luck, for whatever thats worth. I wish you good luck enough to have just one person that you can love and one that you can trust.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Thanks man that was a very meaningful post but how can I find the truth to anything when everything is so uncertain we are afterall only a drop of water in a vast ever expanding ocean.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

That is the truth; I suspect there is nothing more closer than that.

Only maybe sand, thats easier to understand...and....it ryhmes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well how can I find peace in knowing that everythings so insignificant and pointless.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

It's not pointless.

You only have to know your peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I really dont know, but I do know that I am having the most serious doubts about my spiritual beliefs.

I simply cannot understand how a loving, caring God can treat us all like this. Not a lot in life is fair, but how come all the 'bad', selfish people seem to live a happy life while those of us that have volunteered a great majority of our lives to help others (yes, I live with a roof, food etc) live seemingly oppressed ? The selfish have it all, those who sacrifice a little for 'the greater good', sacrifice it all for nothing.

Not a lot in life is fair, but for a God who claims to be so good, WTF is with all this pain & suffering ???

I do still believe in God (the Christian type, though Im now open to options) but I do not believe he is as he claims. I see no care, I see no compassion, I see no justice. If there was ever a time to stop this "Blind Faith" expectation of us, NOW is the time. There is a limit, there is a time, there is a breaking point, Can you hear me God ?!?

I say this with all the due respect, God, show us ALL a sign, you are losing us all & you may have gone too far. Something inside of me says I have gone too far, but has God ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by wassy

It's not pointless.

You only have to know your peace.

CHILDREN (of God, or Satan, if you prefer),

CALM down!!!!!

Let me make it easy for you guys...

Everyone has a 50/50 chance, i.e. either there is or there isn't a deity.

Which side do you prefer to err on??
Or none??

Not very philosophical or "deep" is it?

Have fun with your selves, bye!

73's,
Tom (KC5ILU)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join