It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God or Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Anyone ever think that maybe God as in the God of the bible was acually evil and Lucifer was right in trying to take him down I mean maybe God was abusing his power too much and Lucifer thought that it was wrong and tried to stop him. Then god won and cast Lucifer down into hell and spread propaganda that Lucifer was rebel trying to gain power and overthrow him. Or maybe God was always good and Lucifer was evil BUT Lucifer won the war and took the throne of Heaven and caste God into Hell and told lies about what really happened so that humans would have thought he was God and God was Satan and perhapes thats why the world is such is a messed up place.
Sorry about the poor writing skills I'm not that good at getting ideas down on paper but just wanted to see if anyone else has thought about this.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes there are people that believe that. They are called Luciferians or something like that. They believe the bible lies and has it backwards because Lucifer came to enlighten man, not keep him in his prison. Interesting to discuss but I for one do not believe in that.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Luciferian doctrine teaches people to do what's best for them, not what's best for mankind... true Christianity (teachings of Christ) teaches sacrificing yourself for others. Based on that I can tell you that Lucifer is definitely not a benevolent entity.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by frozenspark]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wassy

perhapes thats why the world is such is a messed up place

Spot on...

As to whether any of that is possible, of course - though, word on the street is the whole thing is a load of crap, so either way it doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow... ive thought of that before but I never thought somebody would actually take it seriously. Well listen... before we solve the answer to that, i think we need to solve the answer to: is there even a god?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyMe777
Wow... ive thought of that before but I never thought somebody would actually take it seriously. Well listen... before we solve the answer to that, i think we need to solve the answer to: is there even a god?

I've solved that. There is no "we" to solving of anything in life. You won't go to the grave holding hands with the people that share your belief. Time to think for yourself.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why is the brightest light always called satan here can they not be 2 different ANGELS? To go from morning star to the beast sheesh......

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Whats with all the confusing Satan with Lucifer?
Do you even read the bible?

You are a part of God. (this conscious reality observing and interacting with itself subjectively)

Christ is within.
Satan is within.

both are ideas, conceptual psychological constructs to symbolize specific aspects of the human condition.
They hold within, the understanding that one is the divine potential in man, and the other is the adversary towards that achievement of psychological, and physical refinement.

but yeah.. go ahead with the fairy tale comic book peasant lowbrow version and maybe in the coming decade you can bet throw down some ameros on whomever you think is gonna 'win' in the big battle in the sky in the end.

just remember kids, the battle doesn't involve YOU and it has nothing to do with the way you refine your mind to purer states.

///sigh////

-

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I have already solved that.
however, i know most others have not, or seem to want to shun the idea out of their heads.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Lol yeah I don't even believe in christianity so this whole post is kinda pointless but it was just a thought I had one day that I found an interesting thing for christians to consider cause you never know what really may or may not have happened. Buuut all the old prophets were probably on mushrooms and hallucinating about talking to god and why anyone would believe in things written thousands of years ago by people that could have been tripping the flock out and edited by people that slaughtered millions to get their message across.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

Sorry for the brashness, I am just promoting freethinking, that can be clouded by talking and discussing theology sometimes. Didn't mean to sound like a "donkey". Good night/day to you

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyMe777

Define god I'm still stuck on what god is.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

Ok so you spend time thinking about other beliefs that you had already written off as mythology? Doesn't sound like critical thinking to me. Anyhow, the whole tripping thing can lead you to a belief in no god. It worked its poison for me I'm a recovering abuser of hallucinogens. And I adopted solipsism as a child. (sorry for my posts to keep reiterating that, just trying to put my stance in perspective for the community)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

I bet half the people on this website do drugs but you still would believe what they said if you liked the idea of it and you would still listen to what they have to say, wouldn't you?
Don't use the 'on drugs' excuse.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by LuckyMe777]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Don't tell me what not to think about, it was just a random thought that I had while working so what does if it doesn't matter I can think about whatever I want. Anyway how do hallucinogens exist if there isn't a god, don't they say after a 4th plateau dmt experience you can no longer disbelieve in god?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

I didn't tell you what to believe... I gave an opinion on what I think is your short sightedness. Take from that whatever you wish. Your double negative is screwing with me, I will come back when I can make sense of your post.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

I'm not gonna believe someone if they say they saw a big cannabis plant on fire and spoke to them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

Hallucinogens do not prove an existence of God one way or another. The experience provided by them can either nullify or verify the existence of a deity at least in the individual of the user. I merely was stating that your idea that mushrooms and other hallucinogens leads to beliefs in deities is false. I am proof that they actually can lead you to atheism.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Dude wtf are you talking about I DONT believe in what the original post states it was just an entertaining thought and how is it shortsightedness?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wassy

Yes very productive thread you run here. I guess no one in here is allowed to share opinions unless they agree with you. Also nobody is allowed to respond to your replies, no one is allowed to give discourse at any point. I have a prediction. This thread will DIE. Don't bother replying. I won't look back.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join