It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Wonders of the World You Don’t Know(pics)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well worth a star and and a flag.

Kind of brings the world together to know no one culture has a monopoly on accomplishment.

thanks
for a peace thread...
which is all to rare.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have been to Metéora and definetly recomend it to anyone travelling through Europe.

Monks used the rope and baskets to get up and down in early times and only replaced thre ropes when they broke, as they believed if GOD broke the rope with them in the basket it was their time.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Going to Sri Lanka in December I'm going to have to check out the rock fortress. Also there is an irrigation system in place that pulls water to the top without pumps. Not sure how it all works but there are massive water gardens and the water is constantly replaced from the man made lakes and moats surrounding the base. Really amazing use of technology for people who were supposed to be uncivilized.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Going to Sri Lanka in December I'm going to have to check out the rock fortress. Also there is an irrigation system in place that pulls water to the top without pumps. Not sure how it all works but there are massive water gardens and the water is constantly replaced from the man made lakes and moats surrounding the base. Really amazing use of technology for people who were supposed to be uncivilized.

Cool.. try to remember to post some pics when you get back..

that would be really nice to see those..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yeah. I hear you-
I'm especially moved by Bagan

In your thread was the first time I've read about it- the picture, was mind blowing to me. hah
So I did some extra resarch on it.

Gosh, I'm in love with that place...
I need to start saving money

[edit on 6/8/10 by plutoxgirl]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join