It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visible Vote Application for SmartPhones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
While recently going throught the available applications available for my blackberry I came across this little gem. It is called Visible Vote. While we all here on ATS say to ourselves "how can we do anything, how can we make our voices heard?" This may be the ticket we have been looking for. I will paste the features of this little application. The conspiracist in me says "yah there ya go chum, give them just a little more insight into how you really think." The part of my brain that cries out for hope and reason in this sea of madness that our political system has become says finally, an easy to read report of how my legislators vote, and a way to make the way I want my vote cast heard. Here's the specs of the application. It is free for blackberrys. I'm not sure of the availability for other platforms, but I'm sure its readily available for most smartphones.

As seen on CNN, NBC, Fox, Forbes, NY Daily Times and Business week! Check out our web page for more details.

Visible Vote was designed from the ground up to address transparency and accountability in our government! Help us achieve our goal of 1,000,000 users and create the first application to help fix government.

Visible Vote is the first and only application that allows you to cast a virtual vote on the same measures that your representatives vote on?and then informs them of your position via weekly fax . Visible Vote also monitors how often your Congressmen vote in alignment with you and the people they represent.

The only question left is whether or not your legislators are doing their job? representing you. Hold them accountable like never before. Visible Vote hands the power back to you.

Visible Vote is an unbiased service that aims to bring greater transparency to our representative form of government. Discover the most technologically effective way to advise, communicate and track your legislators today.

What you can do with this app:
1 Send a Letter to your Legislators through your Blackberry®.
2 Track how your legislators are voting on issues you care about.
3 Vote on the same Bills as your legislators and update your legislators on your vote.
4 Cast a Real Time Job Approval Rating and Monitor Legislators Approval Ratings
5 Leave comments for your friends on Facebook on each Legislator and Bill
6 View State Vote Tallies Per Issue
7 See Twitter Accounts of your Legislators

What the app does for you:
1 Sends a letter every week to your legislators on how YOU and others in his/her district are voting.
2 Automatically provides feedback to you when senators vote for or against you.
3 Send you an overview report next election so you know who to vote for and against.

The application integrates/syncs with Visible Vote for Facebook.

Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy: visiblevote.us...

Thoughts and feedback are welcome!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

That sounds like a great tool to keep the politicians honest, if that is even possible. If anything the report that shows how someone voted come election time could be a great service.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It needs an option for "recall / impeach".

2nd ____________________

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

My thoughts exactly! With a report being generated at election times on how your reps/legislators voted and whether or not theyr voted in line with your views! Would make keeping track of all their shortcomings throughout the years very simple! I recommend everybody check it out!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Everybody start and flag this! Get this bumped to the front page! Do not let it get buried! I am sending off letters left and right conemning the lack of leadership in the country at this time! There is a bill that's been of the floor for 3 years to repeal the income and sales tax! Everybody get off your keisters and make your voices heard!!! These bills are so convoluted!!! For instances, let's give amnesty to illegals who have committed no crimes (except being her illegally of course) and then we'll tighten the border WTF??? Farg it!!! I'm running for representative for my district next election! I could do a better job than these jackasses!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

It needs an option for "recall / impeach".

Yea that will work real well.
Basically you might as well have governors appoint your representatives. Soon as this was released and people started to use it, someone would come up with a way to hack it. Then every representative would constantly be recalled every president impeached. It would be complete and total chaos.

On the scale of facepalm to epic fail, this is on the extreme end of epic fails.

top topics

join