It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Some of the ideas, thoughts, suggestion and conjecture is yes, something to weed through and make your own decission about, but many or most all of the links are from credible sources and agencies and individuals working to expose and help this situation.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You see I have been following this kind of info here on ATS since the leak started...
as the apparent health problems have risin there have been no publicly announced reports of anyone dying or sickened.
Publicly ,. meaning announced to the world by main stream media..
THIS the problem..
It is going no further than print or should I say the internet.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There are tons of msm outlets reporting much of what we are discussing here on this forum, you just have to look. What is important to me is to remain single pointed on exposing the health hazzards not being disclosed.

This marks the first official confirmation that BP's spill, which began gushing in April, is the source of the undersea oil, USF chemical oceanographer David Hollander said.

The reason he's sure: Chemical fingerprints don't lie. His team was able to match oil droplets found in plumes beneath the ocean to samples provided by BP.

The finding should forever alter the belief that an oil spill is confined to the surface.

"What we have learned completely changes the idea of what an oil spill is," Hollander said. "It has gone from a two-dimensional disaster to a three-dimensional catastrophe."

www.tampabay.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummer Boy

That's why we have to keep looking. the more the online communities begin to gather data from other online sources the more exposure this whole health and transparency becomes.

In the past we wrote letters and made phone calls, now we expose through viral information sent out immediately.

The internet has become Pandoras box to tptb and they cant close it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Then I have to say ,. the media here is doing a heck of a job NOT reporting it.
I live in Wisconsin and local and national channels have been saying nothing of sick or dying .
It makes it very difficult to accept the dire news.
Also there have been many posters here on ATS that have reported all is calm in their home town along the coastal areas there

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Seems the plot thickens against BP litigation... Is this due in part to the coming hurricane season and what the implications will be for human contact with the toxic shores and air quality?

BP May Be Trying to Hire Scientists to Protect Against Potential Future Testimony

According to the "Press Register," BP even tried to hire the entire Marine Sciences Department at one Alabama university. That school turned BP down, but it is reported that scientists from several other universities in the region have accepted BP`s offer. Now, the "Press Register" obtained a copy of a contract that BP was shopping to scientists. The contract, quote, "prohibits the scientists from publishing their research, sharing it with other scientists or speaking about the data they collect for at least three years." Scientists approached with the deal told the paper that BP offered to pay $250 an hour for the scientists to help BP with its legal defense and, of course, for them to not say a word to anyone about what their research shows. The head of the Dauphin Island sea lab in Alabama told the "Press Register," quote, "It makes me feel like they were more interested in making sure we couldn`t testify against them than in having us testify for them."

www.truth-out.org...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have my doubts about some of those posters. Others I am just privately praying for.

Figure BP is using all its resources to create disiformation and stopping at nothing to protect themselves.

One of the reasons I suspect many workers are not coming forward yet is that they are under contarcts that have scared them from exposing anything that would be deterimental to BP.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7b6fbbf05e4.jpg[/atsimg]

6 Jun 2010

President Barack Obama promised yesterday to fight the biggest oil spill in American history alongside residents of the Gulf Coast, as a cap placed over the gusher was collecting some of the crude and a slow-motion catastrophe spread deeper into the marshes and beaches of four states.

The crude from the busted well deep underwater was showing up in greater quantities and farther east, staining once-pristine white sand beaches as far east as the Florida Panhandle with a waxy mess of tar balls and creating an unusual orange foam in the surf.

“It’s brutally unfair. It’s wrong. And what I told these men and women – and what I have said since the beginning of this disaster – is that I’m going to stand with the people of the Gulf Coast until they are made whole,” the president said in his weekly radio and internet address, recorded in Grand Isle on the Louisiana coast.

www.heraldscotland.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. As we speak, our nation faces a multitude of challenges. At home, our top priority is to recover and rebuild from a recession that has touched the lives of nearly every American. Abroad, our brave men and women in uniform are taking the fight to al Qaeda wherever it exists. And tonight, I’ve returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast to speak with you about the battle we’re waging against an oil spill that is assaulting our shores and our citizens.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. As we speak, our nation faces a multitude of challenges. At home, our top priority is to recover and rebuild from a recession that has touched the lives of nearly every American. Abroad, our brave men and women in uniform are taking the fight to al Qaeda wherever it exists. And tonight, I’ve returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast to speak with you about the battle we’re waging against an oil spill that is assaulting our shores and our citizens.

www.whitehouse.gov...
release date June 15th

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yes just a short time ago. It is very important that we continue to hit that link for this page to let him and the ptb know we are watching, that we are holding him accountable for his words.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yes, every poster who has an opinion that doesnt support your own is clearly "disinfo".

On a related note, since i dont agree with the things you postulate, then clearly you work for Exxon.

Its been said over and over; this headline is nonsense. Speculate all you want, your source is bogus.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The real consequences of this disaster are only just unfolding. The worst, I am sure, is yet to come and when it does, this disaster will be on the scale of any natural or man-made that has come before it.

Putting emotion to one side, I feel it is necessary to start focusing on the reasons for certain actions by BP and American authorities. Corexit could be more of a PR solution as opposed to an actual solution. In the long run, what would be worse: Miles of oil sodden beaches or unseen damage caused by dispersed oil entering the food chain and slowly killing off the marine life. Was it a decision based on image?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

On page 4 I posted a video, from CNN. Its an interview with Dr. Shaw a marine toxicologist. She gave her account of shrimpers yes plural shrimpers who after comming in contact with the water became ill. Headache, abnormal heart beat, followed by bleeding from the rectum.

The media is unable to report on any of this other than by interviewing certin individuals who have a pass to be in the contaminated areas because the rule has been set that they can not report or record anything that would risk safety and security. Who's safety and security was never discussed.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

A picture is worth a thousand words...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As with all good discussion topics on ATS I am simply the Op, what I giving is not my original article or content.

If this was my original piece it would go something more in the realms of asking for open discussion about the possible longer term affects of the chemicals being used by companies I believe are in cahoots with BP and other big oil companies.

It would ask for open and diligent alert awareness to BOTh sides of the issue and not a one sided can of worms which when opened scares the hell out of people therefore rendering them frozen to what they can do to help solve the problems from both the scientific approach as well as the humanitarian, if that is what is proven to be needed.

If the general concensus is that we have nothing to be concerned about then we could celebrate together in that the disiformationists have once again pulled the wool over our eyes and sunk us deeper into the tainted world of paranoia and conspiracy only to be shown the truth is somehow comletely different.

A debate would be a separate thread, one that takes both the standpoint of BP and them doing what they can with the political resources available to them as well as the environmental impacts of those findings. problem with that is of the transparency, we are not able to really know what science has discovered, but if it is not a celebration, then what is it that they wish to keep secret.

Oh there I go again the Cter who just cant accept that all is well with the BP /disaster/scandal.

I suppose it is the life in jepordy which keeps me looking into this confounded mess, the fact I cant get any real answers from the trusted officials who are only concerned with tourism and energy/power.

I too am looking for answers, and I felt the sensationalism of the truth to be enlightening and frightening.

Tell that to the agencies in place to help in this state of emergency. Maybe all the efforts should end now because they BP says it is safe to resume life as usual as long as people dont swim where they see oil.

Main Entry: sensationalism
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: exaggeration
Synonyms: aggrandizement, boasting, excess, fabrication, fish story, hype, hyperbole, overemphasis, puffery, tabloid journalism, tall story, whopper, yellow journalism

thesaurus.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/511d16af2be6.jpg[/atsimg]

Despite oil, baby turtles being released to Gulf

HOUSTON – Federal biologists are releasing thousands of endangered baby sea turtles into the western Gulf of Mexico, betting that by the time the silver dollar-sized swimmers make it to the oil-fouled waters of the eastern Gulf, BP will have cleaned up its goopy mess.

I suppose this is the real sign that The FEDS have given up all hope or just dont care.

Critics argue the decision to free vulnerable hatchlings doesn't adequately account for hurricanes, storms or a seasonal change in current, all of which could bring the oil west and directly into their path. Nesting mothers, they say, are also at risk because many deposit their eggs in northern Mexico or south Texas and head for heavily impacted areas.

They say on one hand they are not endagered by the oil, but they dont mention the chemicals used as dispersants!

However, Crouse acknowledged the release does present a risk of oil exposure. It took a team of 14 experts days to decide whether to release the Kemp's ridleys.

"It was a balancing act between the danger of holding them in captivity vs. the damage that could be done to them by the oil," Crouse said. "That's why it was not an easy decision."

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said that as of Wednesday, 167 visibly oiled sea turtles of various species had been collected alive. At least 482 have been found dead, but no oiled turtles have been found in Texas.

Yet.

Carole Allen, director of the Sea Turtle Restoration Project's Gulf office in Houston, is a vocal critic of the hatchlings' release in Texas. At least some of the babies and nesting mothers should be kept in captivity until the oil is cleaned, she said.

Guess she was not one of the experts making the decission to release the little fellas during what has been deemed the greatest enviromental disasters in history, bright decission, probably the FEDS and the paid off from BP.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Okay, I understand your reasons for posting this information out of concern for the truth more than anything else. This disaster has probably stirred more debate and emotion among Americans than anything else in a long time. The concern is you are being lied to and I believe that both BP and the Obama administration are concealing many truths. I have been talking to friends about the situation and we are perplexed by the lack of major protests demanding information about the full extent of the disaster. We have asked ourselves: Why isn't America marching in their thousands to pressure and show the government that you want answers to unanswered questions.

Canada protested, violently in some cases during the G20 so why aren't the streets awash with ordinary folk seeking action?

This isn't a slight against Americans, but the mainstream media is missing something. You guys marching and protesting and marching and protesting some more in your thousands.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Last week’s foul weather closed down all attempts to clean up BP’s Deepwater Horizon disaster for almost 4 days. The weather finally cleared and we were some of the first out on the water to check out what happens when the attempts to clean this mess up, come to a halt. We were on the water as the sun rose and the crews started circling the small islands off of Grand Isle, LA. We watched as they searched the debreis and dead birds.

This blog was originally published on July 14th but due to technical issues did not appear on the site until July 19th.

To view this video blog:
www.greenpeace.org...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

The psycology of human fear, the psycology of mass complacency.

The Psychology & Physiology of Change… The Brainwashing of the West
The Psychology & Physiology of Change…
Rima E. Laibow, MD
www.HealthFreedomUSA.org
Natural Solutions Foundation
Medical Director

We all learned that Pavlov taught his dogs to salivate at the ringing of a bell which they learned to associate with the appearance of food. But Pavlov taught us – and the masters of mass deception and control – much more than that.

Born in Russia on September 14, 1849, Pavlov, who died in 1936, was so important to Russia’s dictator, Joseph Stalin, that Stalin allowed him to rant and inveigh against the Soviet State without coming to harm. Not many other people escaped the Gulag for the things that Pavlov said about the State and about Stalin. There was a reason.

What did he offer to the Soviet dictatorship which was so important? Not his 1904 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine, not his considerable work on the physiology of digestion and the nature of saliva.

No, the contribution which made him so valuable to the State was to establish the scientific basis of brainwashing, allowing ordinary persons to become so altered in their minds and hearts that they would subscribe to absurd, illogical beliefs. Better yet, from the State’s point of view, these absurd beliefs (”We have the best health care system in the world!”, “Our leaders know best and are protecting us.”, “The FDA and USDA can regulate food safely”, “Monsanto ’s dominance of the food supply does not impact me.” “Despite his appointments of old ‘oparatchniks’ and globalists, Obama really offers us new hope so we should trust him.”) which, once implanted, were nearly impossible to extinguish. And, once implanted, the torturing experimenter (in the case of Pavlov’s dogs) became the object of affection and adoration. That adoration was also nearly impossible to extinguish.

By studying “Transmarginal Inhibition (TMI), which is simply nothing other than the the body’s natural tendency to shut down thought and action completely when exposed to overwhelming stress (including illness), drugs or pain, Pavlov showed how everyone, no matter what their basic temperamental type, could be forced to respond to that stress the same way, He found that individuals with different temperaments would respond on a different time table, but, unless certain mental characteristics were present, all would succumb to brainwashing and loose the ability to resist the ideas introduced to control them.

Pavlov noted that, for him, “that the most basic inherited difference. .. was [not whether but - REL] how soon [individuals of different temperaments] reached this shutdown point and that the quick-to-shut-down have a fundamentally different type of nervous system.” Rokhin, L, Pavlov, I & Popov, Y. (1963) Psychopathology and Psychiatry, Foreign Languages Publication House: Moscow.

www.healthfreedomusa.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join