It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree with zarp3333

What we need to do now is to focus our thoughts and prayers on healing our planet and the human beings living around the gulf.

We must demand an end to the oil-based economy and the release of modern energy production tech.

But before we can get to that point we have to stay focused on the transparency which is not forthcoming from the trusted officials, we have to keep trying to create this from what sources we can.

When the big agencies are making preparations and Military are being deployed, and a simple tropical depression becomes a State Of Emergency before it even hits land, we have much to keep an eye on.

As a kid we used to go hang out on the beach to watch a tropical storm...

I would love to bury my head in the sand as many here would love for me to do as well but I feel a passion about the criminally negligent state of this whole situation and the people behind it.

There is a good reason why many of the dangerous truths cannot be told and as ATS is and has always been a microcosm of the world we live in, people are better off not knowing until after the fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is a post of mine that contains content from another thread. It is applicable to here also.

Put all the complaining, anger, and frustration, sense of injustice, helplessness, fury and general sickened feeling aside.

What can anyone DO about this?
What is anyone going to DO about this?

NOTHING.

Write to someone and complain. You think that will help?
Petition your member of Congress. You think that will help?
Start a collection and a local support group. This will help a little.
...anything else that provides a sense of 'doing something'.

Face it, not one of us has the power or influence to do anything about this. Walk up and down the street waving a banner, shouting, stomping your feet. You will get some sense of satisfaction, but if you think it has any impact on those 'up there' then I do not know what to say.

People need to start from this point:

What PRACTICALLY can we do to effect real change?

After thinking for a while one realises that there is nothing one can do to really effect change on issues, other than those which we are ALLOWED to influence, in order to provide the ILLUSION of meaningful participation in society.

We need a plan of action. I have not seen one, only words. This is not a defeatist post but one that will hopefully make people think rather than participating in a system that has mechanisms to control the reactions of large groups of people. If you could see what is ACTUALLY happening there... you would be on the march and things would be burning.

Amazing what media control and fear of losing the means to feed yourself can do to your sense of 'acceptability'.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I posted this prediction several months back... Here's a recent post I made about it...

Obama: The Conspiracy that binds Conspiracies is upon us!

Notice, I didn't mince words when I said that the people in the Gulf coast would wake up one morning, thinking they had a bad nights rest, and then would start puking out thier own guts. I wasn't joking.

I mentioned that part in my thread as well....

for anyone who's interested in the chemicals this disaster is exposing Americans and other People with, go on over to the Toxicity Datasheet: Gulf Coast Chemicals Thread, which lists in it's entirety all of the chemicals that will be found in high quantities within the Gulf of Mexico Region.

In Rhetrospect, Lindsey said it was going to happen, Dr. Ricki Ott Warned it would happen, Kindra Arnesen The BP Whisler Blower warned it would happen, David Sereda warned it would happen, OSHA Warned it will happen....

and it's happening.

Guess folks didn't think I was sane enough to listen to or something. SAD... REALLY REALLY SAD!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I have family in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, I also have family in Panama City and Ft Walton Beach, and none of them are having any kind of problems, my aunt lives directly on the beach. Their gardens are doing well, they are more concerned about landfall if the recent tropical storm moves in, and as far as my family in Louisiana go, they are not sick either, no symptoms or bleeding no headaches, my cousin has been on the beach every day, doing cleanup (bp hired) and he is having no ill effects from it. I am not saying something couldn't come of it all, but the rectal bleeding and Obama telling some other nation millions will die, I don't believe those reports.

Right on. I live about 40 miles from the Gulf (in LA, but not as directly north of the spill as New Orleans), and there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on here.

If you read carefully (which you SHOULD be doing already), you'll see the "quote" from Obama abruptly ends before "people" is added afterward. So, maybe he actually said millions of organisms in the water would die.

Who knows! But, I'm not going to sort through all the potential lies and distortions.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

This was probably the best msm piece I saw on the dangers in the water, yet people continue to allow things to go on as usual. They just want to swim in the ocean and eat their corn dogs and pretend that all is well in the world, they choose to be this way.

We all have to make choices, lets just give our readers a choice.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjustine
So dangerous has the Gulf Coast environment become to human beings the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a warning that, in part, says: “People, including pregnant women, can be exposed to these chemicals by breathing them (air), by swallowing them (water, food), or by touching them (skin). If possible, everyone, including pregnant women, should avoid the oil and spill-affected areas.”

"If possible"...

I'm sure this DOESN'T apply to the people who have proper protection. This warning, I'm sure, is meant for the general population who might show up on a beach in flip flops and a swimsuit.

TAKE IT IN CONTEXT people!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It is a shame that this company BP is allowed to get away with this type of destruction and has really a free run to do what they please. WHY???

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

These "revelations" are potentially disruptive in a major way. Be sure your story and persons "quoted" are correct.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And to think that they called on volunteers to help, an honest gesture? nope, not from my government. as if the spill it self wasnt enough damage. and from what ive been reading on other posts the conspiracy of the week is that there will be another disaster relating to the gulf spill that will kill thousands, only time will tell
very informational OP, thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
CEO of BP just wants his life back?
www.youtube.com...

I want the entire Gulf Coast Aquatic life back, the untold species which lost their lives to this tragic story of greed and corrupt back room deals with the go ahead to use the most toxic and untested materials known to us, and some not even known for their consequences to all of us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If even 1% of what we read in the Op has a shred of truth, and the agencies who are spending millions on Deployment of troops for what has been deemed a State of Emergency, then there needs to be more outcry from concerned citizens and not a settling in with acceptance and denial of the possibilities this raises to all of us.

I also read the great threads here on ATS hourly throughout the day which are telling but technical from the stand point of of the ROV's, but THIS thread is intended to piss you off, to make you FEEL, what the implications are and to make you stand up and have your voice heard to the PTB.

I dont want you to justify the death and endangerment of our entire ocean and all of its life which was once teaming and thriving, or turn your head the otherway as little children are playing in toxic sand on the shore lines because 'they' have not said it would potentially make them sick in the short term and kill them in the long run as they discovered with the Exxon Valdez spill of 98.

At this critical point when BP and other offshore greedmongers are using this outdated technology and creating deadzones across the globe, your voice is all the ocean has!

Call your senators, call your Congressmen and let them know you are outraged by the lack of information given to the American public and insist that the transparency promised comes to light.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
People whose health is affected by this need to contact all media everywhere. This is certainly not the first time people and animals have been poisoned and a cover-up follows.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The thing is, the really bad stuff oxidizes off in no time. What your left with is not unlike asphalt. I dont see why millions will die.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

"Could" be is probably what he said.

Not probably, it is what he was conveying in the video at your last link.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oil spill with millions of possibly sick individuals. Could this be a way to make use of the FEMA camps?

I'm also wondering what plans they have for the gulf. They sure do take their precious time in helping out when emergencies happen in this region. I just wonder what is so important there? Besides all the oil.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I live in tallahassee, Fl, should I be moving? Am I in an affected area?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

it would be the air born vapors, oil :any thing above 500 ppm is lethal, the dispersant, Corexit is an irritant , Hs2 now this is the beast, nasty stuff, the real killer, this is the deadly gas from volcanoes, and from oil drilling, it is found through out the world. this is what would cause the 1milion deaths, stop and think about this; how would you stop the air flow? The good news is it will be close to the ground, it is much heaver than air, and smells of rotten eggs, but by the time you would smell it, depending on ppm, you could pass out, or die, or both.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Too funny

I swear, the stuff you guys come up with.

"Tens of millions may die"

There must be a small army of pseudo-journalists out there living in their mom's basement just churning out these ridiculous stories day after day.

I hope they keep after it though, it gives me some great ideas for other works of fiction.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Does anyone know how far this mess is supposed travel up the east coast?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I feel really bad for all of the marine life in the area. I mean, I feel bad for the people, too, but damn, the fish and birds that are forced to succumb to painful deaths because of an oil disaster like this. It makes me angry, and it sucks that I can't do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Hang the BP morons? Which ones do you speak of...all of them? Just the ones higher Up? So everyone at BP should be charged with murder, or just a select few? I honestly don't think you know what the he** you are talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join