It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A beer served in bottles made from stuffed animals has been criticised as "perverse" and "pushing the boundaries of acceptability".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cafd2f188e8.jpg[/atsimg]

The End of History, made by BrewDog of Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, is 55% and £500 a bottle.

The bottles have been made using seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare, said to have died of natural causes.

However, Advocates for Animals and Alcohol Focus Scotland both condemned the marketing.

BrewDog claims the beer is the world's strongest and most expensive.

Related stories
Scots 'consume 25% more alcohol'
World's strongest beer reclaimed
Beer faces ban over label message
Its co-founder James Watt said: "We want to show people there is an alternative to monolithic corporate beers, introduce them to a completely new approach to beer and elevate the status of beer in our culture."

Advocates for Animals policy director Libby Anderson told the BBC Scotland news website: "It's pointless and it's very negative to use dead animals when we should be celebrating live animals.

"This seems to be a perverse idea.

"It's just bad thinking about animals, people should learn to respect them, rather than using them for some stupid marketing gimmick."

She added: "I think the public would not waste £500 on something so gruesome and just ignore it."

Barbara O'Donnell, director of services at Alcohol Focus Scotland, said: "This is another example of this company pushing the boundaries of acceptability all in the pursuit of cheap marketing tactics."

Controversial BrewDog has previously been criticised for 32% and 41% strength beers.

------------------------------------------

Thats just plain wrong in my opinion.

Just as we respect our own in death, we should do the same for animials and creatures of this earth.

What made these people come up with this? I don't know, but somethings just not right in their heads.

Source

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

There are far more grotesque atrocities! Namely, the whole of culture!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is very controversial and animalcial in my book. I'm going to write a harsh and long letter to PETA about these people. "Sarcasm"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
nice , but in all honesty "man" is quite morbid by modern nature ,

we surround ourselfs with inanimate objects daily
shampoos and lipsticks made from old fruits and dead insects to the clothes on our backs either dead fibers or animal hide even the other materials made from oil is dead matter..

while we are alive we surround our selfs with things that are out not alive

we are made from dead stars

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
But inserting a beer bottle into a dead stuffed animal is just something (IN MY OPINON) that should'nt be done.

I dont think animals that go through the taxidermy process are created into ornaments and whatnot, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is beyond disgusting. Man can never stop finding new ways to sink to new lows.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What made these people come up with this?

To the OP, thats an easy one to answer, 55% beer. One bottle of that and I'm sure they came up with several insane ideas. The idea sounded good after a bottle or two.

The marketing of such a product and it packaging is wrong on many levels. However one must take into acccount "who" would buy it and "why"! These people need help they are deffinitely several bottles short of a six pack.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
lol

you guys dont think this is funny?? at all???

i mean as long as they are not farming these animals specifically for beer coozies, then i dont see why someone cant have an animal mounted as such.

i have seen all sorts, from mounted deer gun racks (that was is especially morbid, had a orange cap on, a buck call around its neck and it looks like the deer holds the rifle) to fox lamps.

it is something that humans have been doing for a long time. if you can get past an animal staring you in the face every sip then have at it!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would never put my mouth anywhere near that bottle, so its purpose is lost to me. And If you aren't meant to drink from the bottle, if you are only supposed to pour into another glass, then why did I have to have a dead squirrel on my bottle? This whole thing flies way over my brain here ... Or in this case, it scurries way under it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
why did I have to have a dead squirrel on my bottle? This whole thing flies way over my brain here ... Or in this case, it scurries way under it.
I don't think the marketers care if anything scurries under or over your brain, just as long as 500 quid scurries into their bank account for each bottle purchased.

I would have a problem with it if the animals weren't already dead, but as long as no animals were harmed in the making of those bottles, what's the harm? They said the animals died of natural causes, right?

It's not something I want to buy, but I don't see a problem with it if someone else wants to buy or sell it, as long as they aren't killing the animals.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The reason this is lame is obivous. Dead animals that died in nature should be left where they were found, not taken home to be used as a furry rag to keep your sweaty palm warm from normal condensation... and made into a beer cozy. Ugh. What stunning decor you have dredged up, what a fabulous carcass to grimace upon each day. Lovely.. ..what next?

The main problem I have with this whole unbecoming idea is that dumb people always end up trying to emulate what they see other idiots doing, because they have no creativity of their own and need to repeat what other morons deem as great or funny.
I would fear it would start out with using only dead animal in nature and when none were found, people may take matters into their own hands.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by The Seventh Sign]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yech! Not the accessory for a soft-hearted person !
IDK what to think about people doing
anything for attention.
I remember the story last year about the
Skeleton Bike Made of Real Human Skeleton.
Not a lot of response there, no one
seems to mind much.
Thank you !

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with this (of course I personally wouldn't get one--ick!) Man has been killing/using animals for our own use for thousands of years. We are born hunters and its in our DNA (although nowadays I tend to think that we've evolved from lean mean hunters to fat or scrawny computer geeks) This is as natural as it gets baby! I bet our ancestors had some just like it

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the grandfather from "Lost Boys".
One man's roadkill is another man's art.

new topics

top topics

join