It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle: Los Angeles: Part of disclosure campaign?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
As promised, here is a link to a book about involvement of pentagon in movies:

Book Operation Hollywood

Link : Amazon.com/...

Documentary

Link : informationclearinghouse.com/...

Enjoy!

[edit on 24-7-2010 by gagol]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I dont know about all this media preparation for contact that we hear about on this site these days. I mean sure there are an awful lot of movies about aliens and so forth comming out right now.
But heres the thing. There have been over the last couple of decades, LOADS of movies with aliens in them! Its not as if this is a recent obsession ! I mean Close Encounters, Flight of The Navigator, Star Trek (the original series, and the films), 2001: A Space Odyssey, the list goes on and on and on for page after page. Science fiction has been a draw for ages now, and alien life and the possibility of it, has been one of the themes for almost as long as the genre has existed.
The only disclosure campaign that I see consistant and physical proof of , is the thousands upon thousands of people world wide, who lobby for absolute freedom of all related information, those who pester, and harrass until they get a response or get a restraining order. Thats the only real campaign happening here in my opinion.
Other than that I belive that any increase in the amount of movies , tv shows, documentaries about the subject, is due to an increase of interest in it, nothing more! The fact is that there are several hundred times the amount of people open to the idea than there once were, means that the movie makers will come into positive contact with an alien related movie idea more often, and because theres more interest in the subject, better film writers and more directors are getting hold of the subject. Before you had to be either a genius director like Kubrick or Spielberg to get a good movie with aliens in it to work... nowadays what with the improvements in computer generated characters, and the increase in interest theres literaly no reason not to attempt a blockbuster with aliens in it... its a one way ticket to Moneyville, where the mayor is made of solid gold, and the the drinking water has tiny little slivers of silver in it, just so that even yer pee is worth a couple of pounds or dollars by the time you leave.
Now, if all this has the nett effect of making people more receptive to the idea of life elsewhere in the galaxy/universe/multiverse then great, but I do not believe there is any evidence from a statistical point of veiw which supports the theory of a media lead awareness drive.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welsh_Mulder

Hollywood rarely has any fresh ideas, this is just an old re-hashed story with a few new twists no doubt. Look at the British Film industry, which have consisted of numerous period drama's and bad romantic comedy's with Hugh Grant for the past twenty years.

Yeah, I think ti time for us Americans to make our ultimatum to the Brits...Formal apologize for Hugh Grant please, delivered by the Queen Mum no less, or we'll tell the aliens you guys are our leader when they ask!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

The Queen Mother is dead, and has been for some time. Although I agree that Hugh Grant fails.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It seems the navy doesn't want the Marines to hog all the alien slaying glory.

2012 brings us another big budget one called Battleship (based on the board game, I kid you not).

"There's a group of life forms from some other planet have come to our planet for something. They've got a very specific agenda. That agenda is not global domination. It's an agenda and that puts them into conflict with members of our military. Their technology is relatable. It's not incredibly far out and unbeatable. It's comprehensible. Hopefully it'll make for good fun and an intense ride."
-Director Peter berg

2011/2012 is going to be a good year for alien invasion movies. Honestly, you wait 10 years for a good alien invasion and then 2 come along at once... :-)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Looks like Im not the ONLY one who noticed this upcoming trend either..!!!!>>>>

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

"This sudden obsession with alien invaders has me wondering: Why now? Trends usually happen for a reason, even if it isn't always clear at the time what that reason might be."

Of course there have been Alien movies in the past, but spread out over a period of time and not all big budget hollywood deals that are released together in short periods of time, or even at the same times. Theres at least 4 or 5 gonna be out next year/summer that are big screen events.

Like that article states..trends happen for a REASON I do believe..either by some unconscious collective knowing of something thats happening, or going to happen.

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I dont know about all this media preparation for contact that we hear about on this site these days. I mean sure there are an awful lot of movies about aliens and so forth comming out right now.
But heres the thing. There have been over the last couple of decades, LOADS of movies with aliens in them! Its not as if this is a recent obsession ! I mean Close Encounters, Flight of The Navigator, Star Trek (the original series, and the films), 2001: A Space Odyssey, the list goes on and on and on for page after page. Science fiction has been a draw for ages now, and alien life and the possibility of it, has been one of the themes for almost as long as the genre has existed.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by ATSZOMBIE]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There has been a slew of vampire movies/tv shows lately, are the Government(s) trying to prepare us for disclosure about the pointy-fanged bloodsuckers as well?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
imagine this......

an alien civilization finds earth and decides to make contact:

Alien leader: Hey there's somebody else out here besides us....let's say hi!

Alien crew: Yay!!

*Aliens sends ship to earth to make peaceful contact.

American President: WTF!? What the hell is that? something more powerful and advance than US (Americans)!? Quick shoot the crap out of it and get the tech!!

*Meanwhile on the ship...

Alien crew: Errr, Captain..? I think something is wrong here, i don't think we're welcome.

Alien leader: Why do you say that?

Alien crew: Because they shooting a nuke at us, sir.

Alien leader: Well that's just rude...Ok men lets leave these savages alone and move on.

*Alien ship leaves

*American president makes statement to the world

American president: Thanks to us we have saved the world, are we great or what?

World: FFS!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
LMAO.

Actually, thats not the worst that could happen.

We'd know intergalactic travel was feasible, we'd know we weren't alone.

Thats a big improvement from today. :-)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here' s another one www.imdb.com...

Thats four alien invasion type movies between Oct and summer of next year.

1: Battle of Los Angeles 2011

2: Monsters

3: Skyline

4: Super 8

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why don't they make an alien movie in which gelatinous blobs with 19 tentacles arrive on Earth and prove to be very friendly, give us some new power source that means we can all live in peace with one another and no-one dies and ...... er ...... ah!

Mind, it's true that Earth V the Flying Saucers did act as disclousure for the Martian invasion of 1966 - had it not been for the forewarning in that film we'd have never developed the death rays that saved Earth!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
There has been a slew of vampire movies/tv shows lately, are the Government(s) trying to prepare us for disclosure about the pointy-fanged bloodsuckers as well?

I'm more worried about the films in which kid's toys come alive. WTF?! It must be real or they wouldn't have spent so much money disclosing the truth!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

This is an attempt to confuse the masses. The majority do not know the battle of la is a real case. This will blurr the fact from fantasy for most, so next time you want to discuss the battle of la incident with someone new to this they dismiss it as "just a movie."

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To be truthful, I just dig alien, UFO movies.

I either catch them in the theaters, or rent them but I'm sure I've seen them all. Bring it on Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
perhaps more indoctrination for a future disclosure event where we will be manipulated into attacking them?
I didn't get the impression anyone was being manipulated in 1942 into attacking, they would just shoot at anything that moves and ask questions later, alien or not!

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
And three romantic comedies came out in the past year, even more slated for the year to come! Something is definitely up! What do you think the government is trying to tell us with these romantic comedies?

There will be a new Conan the Cimmerian movie soon and Robert Rodriguez is remaking Fire & Ice. That is two big sword-&-sorcery films in a year when there haven't been any for over a decade! The government must be trying to send us a message! Frank Frazetta died just days after the deal closed with Rodriguez. Obviously the government was trying to silence him!
Aren't you afraid the gummint will silence you for spilling the beans on all their secrets?

My guess is, they just want us to be too busy watching romantic comedies so we don't notice when they make the patriot act permanent and take our freedom away.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
Here' s another one www.imdb.com...

Thats four alien invasion type movies between Oct and summer of next year.

What about the talking animal movies...

...Furry Vengeance came out in April...

...Marmaduke came out in June...

...Cats & Dogs 2 in July...

...Yogi Bear will be released in December...

That is four(!!!!!) talking animal movies in less than a year! FOUR!!!!!!!!! What is the government trying to tell us about talking animals!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And let's not forget Michael Cera! Michael Cera has TWO!!!!!!!! movies in less than a yearin where he plays a nerdy guy up to incredible hijinx in order to win a girl. TWO!!!!!!!!! What is the government trying to tell us about the hijinx of love-lorn nerds!?!?!?!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
"im gonna get me one of those youeffo,s and steal me a picinic basket booboo"

Really sorry up early and couldnt resist.....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I can think of movies/Tv shows that show aliens as good things.

Starwars
Startrek
Alien nation

V does show good aliens

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im shaking my head...YET AGAIN, ANOTHER Alien movie to add to the bumper year 2011/2012 we're gonna have..1 or 2 movies on this topic could be co-incidence but this is beyond that, the collective consciousness KNOWS something is about to happen..

www.collider.com...
Article by Matt Goldberg

"The Forever War came out in 1974 and (per Wikipedia) “tells the contemplative story of soldiers fighting an interstellar war between humanity and the enigmatic Tauran species [and has] pithy, insightful explorations of the inhumanity of war and of bureaucracy, and of the psychological effects resulting from time dilation space travel.”"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join