It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate rejects attempt to kill Arizona lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The Senate decided Wednesday it didn’t want to interfere with the Obama administration’s lawsuit challenging Arizona’s strict new immigration law.

GOP Sens. Jim DeMint of South Carolina and David Vitter of Louisiana introduced an amendment to a jobless benefits bill that would have barred federal funds from being used in any lawsuit seeking overturn the Arizona law. But the amendment failed 43-55, on a mostly party-line vote.

Arizona’s two Republicans senators, John McCain and Minority Whip Jon Kyl, backed the amendment.

Source: www.politico.com...#

Source: www.michaelsavage.wnd.com...

Senate rejects attempt to kill Arizona lawsuit, Does this surprise any one here

Not with what we have in the Senate pretending to be Law Abiding Americans.

What am I talking about, in the Senate, I mean in Washington D. C. Period!
Obamas Mad Men and Women go after Arizona for a Bill that will assist L. E. O.'s in the performance of their duties during the investigation of a crime, and yes, to be stop for committing a traffic, which a traffic violation is a crime.

So, you're breaking our laws, do you care? I'm sure you don't, but we care.

Now, you'll get the Liberal, Open Borders and Sanctuary City Freaks posting, WHAT LAWS,,, They say same thing stupid like, Show Me The Line On The Ground They Crossed.
I'll show you the business end of a cattle prod
You Idiots.

Sorry, stared ranting.
MODS: If Offended please delete, if posted before ( I checked ) please feel free to move or delete.

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Thu Jul 22 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I ask you?
Why, Why, Why, Does the Obama Administration want to cater to the Illegals of all races among us?
Why do you think?

I'll Tell You,,, VOTES,, They are committed in their mind set to keep total races of peoples dependent on them for their life and well being.
In doing so, they'll have what they want most in this world, POWER OVER THE MASSES!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So, now MY tax dollars are going to be wasted in a lawsuit that nobody but illegals and the president of mexico support. Unfreaking believeable.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

How does an illegal immigrant cast a ballot?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I jmped on this thread before I realized it isn't about legislation over the Arizona immigration law. I think it's about the constitutionality of states controlling immigration enforcement.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

because HE is a dam illegal himself wakeup he is muslim and illegal!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Thu Jul 22 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brentnauer
reply to post by guohua

When I listened to the arguement of the right that democrats want illegals for votes I wondered the same thing. I guess they could get ID somehow and vote but that should be easy to fix. I think most of them come here to make some cash.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brentnauer
reply to post by guohua

It's called Amnesty, the making of an instant legal American with voting rights and voting Democratic.

Let take a look at your Dear Leader and how he operates in the W. H.
It has apparently been leaked from the Obama Administration that President Obama is looking at the possibility of granting amnesty to illegal aliens who are living in the United States. If this is true and if Obama were to attempt to grant amnesty, would this also mean the granting of citizenship and voting rights?
Will Obama attempt to circumvent the Constitution again? He has done so without hesitation several times since becoming President. Obama had no justifiable reason or authority to shut down deep water drilling. Obama had no authority to demand $20 billion from BP, as this is a matter that should be handled by our courts. Obama had no authority to take over Chrysler and General Motors, underpay their bondholders, and give unearned asset to the unions. No one has yet stopped Obama from exceeding his Constitutional powers.

The Obama Administration is apparently trying to find a legal loophole that would allow the Department of Homeland Security the power to change the status of illegal aliens without involving Congress. This is apparently the “Plan B” for Obama if Congress will not give him a broad comprehensive immigration bill that would apparently grant citizenship and voting rights.
Source:lubbockonline.com...

There is much more on this topic if you'd learn to use Google instead of trying to protect the Honor ( which he has none ) of Obama.

Now Brentnauer, You want to ask that question again to you Representative in Washington D. C. ?

If you're a Democrat, which I truly believe you are, just because of your attempt to protect your Savior from bad press.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Your question was answered, your to blind to see or you can't use Google.

I know You Liberals are here to try and bring some sort of respect back to your savior, It is not going to happen, He's going to use you and throw you under the bus.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Of course the federal government is going to reject attempts. They want all that illegal, "untraceable" (gag me) free money to keep flowing into the federal coffers. Can't have the states getting all uppity about ILLEGAL immigration. Arizona and all the others states need to turn around and sue the federal government for not doing its job. Period.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I ask you?
Why, Why, Why, Does the Obama Administration want to cater to the Illegals of all races among us?
Why do you think?

I'll Tell You,,, VOTES,, They are committed in their mind set to keep total races of peoples dependent on them for their life and well being.
In doing so, they'll have what they want most in this world, POWER OVER THE MASSES!

Yes there coming here now days to avail themselves of the fruits of our benefits package.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Damn my friend ~Lucidity, I like it when I see you've posted to my thread, Because I don't know always where you're going to come from, What Side, so to speak.
But you do have the replies that take some thinking and I greatly appreciate that. If you know my meaning.

Some times you and I argue, but it's always base on our beliefs and not the Race or it's only about Mexicans, Crap that others well bring to a thread.

I guess I just wanted to say. ~Lucidity, Thank You for keeping me Honest.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Welcome. Want to hear something funny? I can't recall that we have ever really argued?

I so applaud Arizona for taking a stand. And I'm holding out hope that all the states do so as well and join them in this fight. I may be delusional about this, but I honestly believe there are grounds for suing the federal government here on a number of different charges, and that the states really do need to call them to task. No one else is going to.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

OK, my friend we have agreed to disagree I know and in a pleasant way.

Have you had a chance to check out: Feds won't deport illegals arrested on Capitol Hill and Lawmaker pushes Holder on 'sanctuary cities'

I think you'll like them.

Back on subject. Thank You for your support of our State and our Fight.
I thought a Law Suit was the way to go also. I just don't understand why it was not instigated. I like our Governor but I have to wonder about her advisors.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE! Look who has YET another illegal immigrant thread!

Really man, Stormfront was set up for things like this, I am sure you would be much happier over there.

Why are you pushing this anti immigrant agenda so damn hard?

Again, how is an illegal going to vote? They don't even submit a tax return!

Isn't it funny that the Senate would vote down an amendment to a small business bill that had nothing to do with small business? I mean it's completely unrelated in every single way, so why would they vote for it to be included? That amendment would jeopardize the whole bill.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If my post offend you and your Open Border and Sanctuary City Friends so much, just ignore me, really I don't mind.
Only the Obamanites that still believe their Savior Loves Them will be offended.
I'm only posted news items of interest to me and others.

Of-course any thing that opens the eyes of Americans to Obamas 100 year Obama Reich, the Liberals get Offended.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

A graffiti message found Sunday night in Juárez warned U.S. law enforcement that another car bombing will occur if they do not arrest corrupt federal police agents.

The unsigned message told the FBI and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to investigate authorities that support the Sinaloa drug cartel.

Otherwise, there will be another car bomb placed in Juárez to kill federal police, the threat stated.

"If in 15 days, there is no response with detention of corrupt federales, we will put a car with 100 kilos of C4," the message read.

Composite 4, or C-4, was the plastic explosive used for an attack that killed three people Thursday in Downtown Juárez, according to military officials in Juárez.

FBI officials in El Paso said they will not investigate the nature of the message because it is in a foreign country.

"We only offer assistance when requested by that government," said Andrea Simmons, spokeswoman for the FBI.

DEA officials also said they only assist Mexican authorities when these ask for support.

Mexican federal police said they do not regard it as a credible threat.

"We don't give importance to those messages," said José Ramón Salinas, spokesman for the federal police.

A similar message, known as "narco-pinta," was found signed by the Juárez cartel warning they had more car bombs targeted to authorities helping Joaquín "Chapo" Guzmán, leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel.

Military officials in Juárez said 10 kilos of explosive rigged in a car were detonated from a cell phone that day.

It was the first attack of its kind since the Mexican government began cracking down on drug cartels

So who set off the car bomb? They say Aug 1st there will be another.

The Situation

The conflict sweeping the nation is expanding rapidly. Areas under the influence or control of drug cartels are increasing. The "drug war" is taking a very sinister turn.

The drug cartels are constantly on the offensive now and have been for much of 2010, threatening the fabric of society.

The government is unable to impose the rule of law within ever increasing areas of the country as organized criminal groups destabilize society through the terrorism of both deliberate attacks against state institutions and the random violence against civil society.

The perception to the rest of the world is that in these areas law enforcement is irrelevant and only the military is capable of imposing order and only temporarily at best.

The bodies of rival criminals, police and innocent civilians, many decapitated and dismembered, now appear in the streets on a daily basis in a campaign of intimidation of the population and a show of impunity.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Humberto Moreira Valdés, Governor of the state of Coahuila

The following post is based on an e-mail received by Borderland Beat from citizens of Coahuila, a state in Mexico that borders Southwest Texas. It is a call to action against the current governor of the state, Humberto Moreira Valdes of the PRI party, by citizens of the Torreon, which has been hit especially hard this year by the violence, crime and murders being perpetrated by organized criminal groups.

Many of his constituents despise the governor as the prototype of political corruption in Mexico today. He is rumored to own million dollar homes in San Antonio, Texas and Vail, Colorado. How these properties were obtained on a public servant’s salary is open to conjecture.

Governors are known as the “New Viceroys” of the Mexican political system. They hold and exercise much more power than U.S. Governors and in most cases are not answerable to the President of the Republic. They control access to public funds in a political system not known for its transparency.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Guard to deploy to border Aug. 1
By Army Staff Sgt. Jim Greenhill
National Guard Bureau

WASHINGTON (7-19-10) - Starting Aug. 1, up to 1,200 National Guard troops will deploy to the Southwest border with Mexico, the chief of the National Guard Bureau said in a joint announcement with Obama administration officials at the Pentagon here today.

"We're very pleased to be in support of our interagency partners," Air Force Gen. Craig McKinley said. The 1,200 troops will support Border Patrol and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement authorities in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California.

The largest number of troops – 524 – is slated to deploy in Arizona. Meanwhile, an estimated 250 will deploy in Texas, 224 in California and 72 in New Mexico. Additional troops from these states will also serve in command and control or support positions.

www.ng.mil...

It will be a interesting first day for the National Guard when a car bomb gos off across the border there first day at the border?

US official: Mexican car bomb likely used Tovex

by ALICIA A. CALDWELL
Associated Press

"Tovex" trade name are distributed in Europe by Societe Suisse des Explosifs, Brigue, in Switzerland.

Tovex is used by 80% of international oil companies for seismic exploration?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't believe the National Guard will be anywhere close to the border.
Don't quote me, But I heard from a friend still working in an alphabet agency that Obama has giving orders, no N. G. on the border only in an Administration type work setting

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

No really, answer the question...

The question is:

What does this amendment have to do with the small business bill it was attached to?

The bill was HR 5297:

To create the Small Business Lending Fund Program to direct the Secretary of the Treasury to make capital investments in eligible institutions in order to increase the availability of credit for small businesses, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax incentives for small business job creation, and for other purposes.

And DeMint and Vitter wanted to slip this in:

Sec. __. No funds made available in any provision of law may be used to participate in any lawsuit that seeks to invalidate those provisions of the Arizona Revised Statutes amended by Arizona Senate Bill 1070, 49th Leg., 2nd Reg. Sess., Ch. 113 (Az. 6 2010) (as amended by Arizona House Bill 2162, 49th 7 Leg., 2nd Reg. Sess., Ch. 211 (Az. 2010)).

Really, what part about that amendment helps any small business?

It was a crap amendment that got shot down like it should, all these guys really tried to do is derail a bill to help small business owners, and create jobs. Tried to make it more difficult for small businesses to stay open in this economy, tried to make it harder for Americans to get back to work.

And your praising them for trying to keep this country down?

Why do you want small businesses to fail? Why don't you want unemployed Americans to get back to work?

Looks to me that if you are unemployed or have a small business you might not want to vote for the people that voted for this amendment, after all, they don't want you to get a job, and they don't want small businesses to be able to stay open, looks to me like they were trying to kill a bill with a shady amendment that was completely unrelated to the bill they wanted to attach it to.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by whatukno]

top topics

join