It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is BP's new cap is on the wrong well?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The cap being raised was on enterprise. They are 1.2 miles from Skandi...so about 1.5-2 miles from the Deepwater. The cap on enterprise is not a cap, but a 'sucker' like what was on Deepwater before the cap. It would be sucking oil from whatever other well is leaking/gushing. Not sure what well that is yet.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ocean Energy Institute Founder Says New Hurricane Will Require Gulf Evacuation

www.infowars.com...

Matthew Simmons, founder of the Ocean Energy Institute, told Bloomberg on Wednesday that a leak near the Deepwater Horizon site may require an evacuation of the Gulf coast if a hurricane strikes the area. "Some five to ten miles away is what the NOAA research vessels have proved is a deep oil leak that is growing by the day and it is very toxic oil and its gases are very lethal and basically if we have a hurricane now we need to evacuate the Gulf coast," Simmons said.
Simmons also said BP has covered up the severity of the oil gusher and if they had told the truth "they would all go to jail."

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Report from:
Subject: scientists from SRI International

Two years before the Deepwater Horizon explosion, scientists from SRI International took readings on the levels of methane in the Gulf of Mexico less than 10 miles from the rig. Last year, they went back and did it again. Now, after the rig blew up and gushed oil for more than 80 days, SRI’s scientists from St. Petersburg have returned to the same area just northwest of the disaster and taken fresh readings.

They found levels of methane — a particularly potent greenhouse gas — are now 100 times higher than normal, SRI scientists said. …

In addition to the increased amount of methane, the SRI tests “did show indications that the methane was further up in the water column than we had seen it before,” said Carol Lutken of the University of Mississippi, which is part of a consortium with SRI that has been doing the tests. …

Methane may be spreading throughout the gulf just like the underwater plumes of oil found by oceanographers…

They’re to the northwest and on a slope, just over half a mile deep, while Deepwater Horizon’s well is a mile below the surface. That means that the methane in higher levels that SRI discovered during the most recent tests on June 25 and 26 has apparently been flowing upslope, Lutken said.
[10:45:31 AM] SGM RedKnight: eposits of methane gas… because they are so deep beneath the ocean, have frozen into icy crystals.

Disturbing those deposits — say, by drilling an oil well through them — can turn that solid methane into a liquid, leaving the ocean floor unstable, explained [Carol Lutken of the University of Mississippi]. …

Worse, the freed gas may explode… There have been rumors that a similar methane explosion could cause a tsunami, a concern that government officials say is unfounded. …

Generally the oil industry tries to avoid methane areas during drilling for safety reasons. But the U.S. Energy Department wants to find a way to harvest fuel from those methane deposits, Lutken said.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by MrCrowley]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
why dont we all just puff!! disapear!! and leave tptb to their own demise?? im sure that that will happen eventually!! i will be on cloud 9 watching on the big screen!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So I was just on Marinetraffic.com and all but one ship is showing near the well site. It did take me few tries to get the website to load. We must be killing their server.

I'm still seeing some ROV feeds, so my question is, If the ships have left how are we still seeing the ROVs? It makes me wonder if they have stopped using ship data from the area to cover up the fact they are at more that one site.
~or~
It could be my computer is running really slow and they are not showing up on my screen.

Sidenote: I know the ships have to leave the area because of TS Bonnie, but I not seeing the support vessels for the ROVs being used.

Could someone else check the website and confirm that only one vessel is in the area? It makes me worried that BP has gotten it's claws into the website (marinetraffic).

www.marinetraffic.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Originally posted by OneisOne
I'm still seeing some ROV feeds, so my question is, If the ships have left how are we still seeing the ROVs?

"Some of the vessels may be able to remain on site, but we will err on the side of safety," retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said Thursday night.

But Allen said Thursday that the remote vehicles used to monitor the area will be the last to leave and the first to return.

From CNN

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im not seeing any vessiles in the gulf at all yet the rov feeds are still running

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I just look at marine traffic and as of right now there are no ships out there around the well. so just how are we still seeing live feed from rov's?

i have been working in the oil and gas field for almost 20 yrs and the lyeing that i see going on with bp is beyound enything i have ever seen.

after looking at the above post i and doing some of my on diging i would have to say that they have cap the wrong well and the other one is still spewing its guts out. popple we have been coned by Bp and the gov.

five stars and a flag good job OP

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

~and~
reply to post by RANGER12

Exactly!!!!! I saw somewhere that the ROVs are controlled from land (Houston? I think), but there would have to be support vessels on the surface for the ROV, correct??

I'm really concerned that BP has gotten there hooks into the marine traffic website.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks for the reply!! I did state I knew the ships were leaving because of the storm. My concern here is that the ROVs are still broadcasting when all the ships are have departed the area according to the marine tracker website we've all been using.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i13.photobucket.com...

Deepwater Disaster » The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread
scroll down to bdw18_123 shows image of the BOP tilt
posted on 28-6-2010 @ 04:43 PM
page 10

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Also interesting...ROVs still in the water, but live ship map shows no ships anywhere. So either these are videos, or the ships left without their ROVs...which makes no sense. BTW I just posted this on the LIVE feed thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That well looks awfully like the one being discussed here. The latest on live feeds on the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by mr20121221

~and~

Exactly!!!!! I saw somewhere that the ROVs are controlled from land (Houston? I think), but there would have to be support vessels on the surface for the ROV, correct??

I'm really concerned that BP has gotten there hooks into the marine traffic website.

The ROV's are controled from each vessel by an Pilot and an engineer.

The 1/2 - 1 second delay of a satlink would cause a lot of issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Guys I know this may not be what we want to hear but hear me out.

First off I have a GMDSS radio Operators License as well as a HAM License. AIS uses GPS and VHF radio freqs to help ships ID one another while at sea as well as the USCG to ID them in port. It has a limited range of about 15-20 Nautical Miles.

If the ship that is controling the AIS Feed to the internet turns it off or departs the area you will not see any ships.

I don't know wat ship has the AIS Feed to the web on it but it should still be on unless they turn it off.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think this thread should be on page 1 with all of the expertise exhibited in the thread. Since we have a weather situation developing, I just think this should be up front.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I agree that it is really beginning to look that way.

What the hell are the ROV's showing right now? It's nothing like ive seen in weeks of monitoring.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Thanks for the info and for starting this thread. And for clearing it up about the ROV operators. I did read up on how Marine Traffic works before I got concerned about the missing signals, so I think it would be possible for the website not to push out the ship data if it chose not to. They have a section on their website on how anyone could setup a tracking station if in range. That's kinds cool.

Another poster pointed out that Mrs. Obama was in the Gulf area yesterday, so it could have been a security measure. Later yesterday I pull the website up using Chrome & the ships where there. So maybe it was my computer after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
grrr double post....sorry guys. Not enough coffee.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by OneisOne]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join