It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you an alien abductee? Here's a Can of Worms...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hello All,

Are you an alien abductee?

(Mods, in this thread I will be referring to past threads that have talked about this subject, but the conclusion is different. This will be a long read for anyone serious about a "different point of view" on this matter)

Two words we often hear on ATS are "deny ignorance" but it wasn't why I joined after lurking for a while, like many of you have done. No, I joined because I saw a genuine "search for truth", in different topics that I enjoy. Conspiracies, UFOs, NWO, secret societies and many others.

Alien abductions was a little different because I think something happened to me at a very young age. So I read. There are threads here that are really worth a read. Out of those threads I heard about The Roper Poll.

If, like me, you believe you are an alien abductee, here are a few questions that you might want to answer.

Do you remember ever seeing a ghost?

Do you remember feeling as if you left your body?

Do you remember seeing a UFO?

Do you remember waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room?

Do you remember feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didn't know how or why?

Do you remember having seen unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them?

Do you remember having seen, either as a child or adult, a terrifying figure-- which might have been a monster, a witch, a devil, or some other evil figure-- in your bedroom or closet or somewhere else?

Do you remember experiencing a period of time, an hour or more, in which you were lost, but could not remember why or where?

Do you remember having vivid dreams about UFO?
Do you remember finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them?

Interesting isn't it?

If you are like me, you've answered "Yes" to many of them, if not all of them.

Here is the link to what the Roper Polls are and the conclusion they come to. If it is the first time you hear of those, well, fasten your seatbelt!!

www.viewzone.com...

~To be continued~

Please do not reply until I'm done posting the second phase,"The Search for Truth", wether you are an abductee, a believer, a debunker or a skeptic.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"The Search for Truth"

There are always two sides to an opinion, a story, a belief, a subject.

That poll really shook me at first. But as I said, there are always two sides, even to polls. It just sounded TOO good to be true.

So I read and searched, and searched and read...you know when you want to get to the bottom of something it can get almost obsessive...

What I did find was an article. Written by Paul Novak from Ezine articles.

I read the first two paragraphs, and oh, did they ring a bell !!

Those supportive of the belief that alien abductions are an inescapable reality are possibly the most sensitive of the various groups to be found in Ufology. While unsupportable speculations in favor of the belief that persons are indeed being abducted by alien beings for hithero unknown purposes are welcomed with little opposition, an open declaration of skeptical disbelief can be expected to meet with some of the most vitriolic and intensely defensive responses.

I do not deny. Questioning does hurt. Hurts me. I assume it also hurts you.

This is a long article but it is a MUST read.

If, you are like me, there are many questions for which you have no answers. We often hear, in various threads, that there is a need for evidence, a need for facts and honestly, for me, everytime I was reading these two words in a reply regarding this delicate subject, I was taking offense. "What's wrong with this poster...? Who does he think he/she is..." Am I a liar...? Am I nuts...? What an arrogant s*b...!!!

But isn't that part of finding the truth? Isn't questioning healthy?

Yes it is.

Here is the link to the article from M. Novak. Please read it.

ezinearticles.com...

I read it. He raises serious perspectives. And he does answer some questions. If, and only if, you are searching for truth.

Do I still believe I am an alien abductee?

Perhaps. One thing for sure, it isn't a 100% certainty anymore. I will keep searching and maybe I'll never find out for sure.

But I now envision the fact that the truth might be somewhere else.

Draw you own conclusions.

I would appreciate replies on this thread. Where are you at in your search for truth?

In all respect,

~S.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't understand the concept of an alien abduction. Why would an incredibly advanced civilization travel to earth for the purpose of abducting a body of any creature, human or otherwise. Their motives are unknown, yes, but if they have the technology to travel here presumably at the speed of light or greater, with anti gravity craft, and some of which are purported to be inter dimension, why would they need the WHOLE ENTIRE body for whatever they are doing? Do they NOT have nanotechnology? I mean for Christ sake, we have robotic fly's that are no more that a centimeter in size. Why would they need to obtain a body when they could have this technology?

I don't doubt that abductees have experienced something, but aliens? I don't think so.

Not to mention cloning...why have a whole person when you could just theoretically sample their DNA and make a clone. All it would take is a synthesized mosquito. I mean we are talking about beings that have the ability to traverse from galaxy to galaxy, so why not.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I don't understand the concept of an alien abduction. Why would an incredibly advanced civilization travel to earth for the purpose of abducting a body of any creature, human or otherwise. Their motives are unknown, yes, but if they have the technology to travel here presumably at the speed of light or greater, with anti gravity craft, and some of which are purported to be inter dimension, why would they need the WHOLE ENTIRE body for whatever they are doing? Do they NOT have nanotechnology? I mean for Christ sake, we have robotic fly's that are no more that a centimeter in size. Why would they need to obtain a body when they could have this technology?

I don't doubt that abductees have experienced something, but aliens? I don't think so.

Not to mention cloning...why have a whole person when you could just theoretically sample their DNA and make a clone. All it would take is a synthesized mosquito. I mean we are talking about beings that have the ability to traverse from galaxy to galaxy, so why not.

Exactly how I feel.

I'm not a huge fan of abduction theories, mainly on the precedent that I just don't believe a one of them.

There are a couple that, admittedly, make me raise an eyebrow (Betty Hill), but most of them I simply can't swallow.

There is no understandable reason for beings that advanced to be *secretly* abducting humans, in such a way that NO ONE else around notices what's going on or sees the lights in the sky. It makes no sense.

Could it be happening?

Sure.

But my body could also be currently existing in 12 different dimensions and 4 different universes.

So far, neither has been proven.

Unfortunately, people lie. People exaggerate. People misinterpret. And people misidentify.

All these are proven.

Alien abductions, however, aren't.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This is an excellent point of view!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
First of all, LOL at you thinking this was a long read.

On to my point; the thing about abductions (if they're real) is that there's a memory screening process, which of course leaves the abducted with only flashes of memory and when the stories re-told it sounds like a drug-induced dream. There's always a huge cloud of doubt hanging over it, which I'm sure is what the aliens were counting on.

Or, yeah, it's just an overactive imagination playing cruel tricks. It's tough (or even impossible) to say one way or the other at this time.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Granted.

The interesting question to me is what *is happening* to the people -- like myself, who have (hazy) memories of this kind of thing, going back to the age of 3 or 4 years old.

Why do we remember these things?

What if anything does this have to do with similar phenomena described throughout the middle ages, onward?

Is it psychological / mental? Is it spiritual / divine or demonic interference?

Or is it residual memories of some kind of physical event or happening in our lives?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

12 different dimensions and 4 different universes?

Who knows?

But until it's a proven fact, unfortunately, it's just speculations. That also applies to alien abductions and so many other subjects !!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
SonoftheSun,
May I ask ... were you a child of a dysfunctional family? Does any of that article strike a chord with you in your early years?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I understand how you feel !!! Questions without answers...the uncertainty...

Hopefully, one day, we'll find out. One way or the other, as Nasa is Asan says.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
I understand how you feel !!! Questions without answers...the uncertainty...

Hopefully, one day, we'll find out. One way or the other, as Nasa is Asan says.

We need those damn aliens to land and give it to us straight. Maybe that's their plan though (again hypothetically if that's what we're dealing with); to abduct people, erase memories, then bore us to death until we say "f' it, I don't care anymore".

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

My mother passed away when I was three years old. But what I believe happened to me occured when I was around 10.

Not dysfunctional, no. But I related to the article in other ways. But it is personal so I'll pass on that.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

Friend,

A landing? You have no clue how I wish.

It would answer ALL these questions one shot!

But it might not happen. So I look at other possibilities. We might not be millions, but a heck of a lot have experienced...something. I"m not throwing the towel yet.

By the way, I am french canadian, english is my second language, it was a looooooong read !!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Friend,

A landing? You have no clue how I wish.

It would answer ALL these questions one shot!

Yeah, I know it would be the most convenient solution. Not holding my breath though, I'd have been dead a long time ago.

But it might not happen. So I look at other possibilities. We might not be millions, but a heck of a lot have experienced...something. I"m not throwing the towel yet.

All we can do is wait and research. Then wait and research some more, then do some more waiting, then throw in some more research.

By the way, I am french canadian, english is my second language, it was a looooooong read !!!!!

Well thank God someone has a sense of humor on this site. Speaking of waiting, I've been waiting for someone to crack a smile on here since I joined.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by NASA is ASAN]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm on the fence regarding abductions, but--the Roper poll really is flawed, and here's why from my personal perspective:

4 or more yes answers indicate abduction. I answered 5 yes, but I don't think for a second that I've ever been abducted.

1. Do you remember feeling as if you left your body?

Yes. I've had scores of out-of-body experiences. Nothing whatsoever to do with aliens.

2. Do you remember seeing a UFO?

Yes. I saw 2 silent ufos fly directly overhead. They flew off into the distance, I had no lost time, nothing else happened.

3. Do you remember waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room?

Yes. Again, paralysis is occasionally the precursor to out-of-body experiences. Occasionally I had the sense that there was an entity lurking about. It's a very strange, odd world, the astral. Very subjective. No aliens though.

4. Do you remember feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didn't know how or why?

Yes. Again, out-of-body experiences. Nothing related to ufos or aliens.

5. Do you remember having vivid dreams about UFOs?

Yes. They were dreams. It's not unusual, since I spend a lot of waking time thinking about ufos.

So in my opinion, that poll, or at least the conclusions drawn from it, are far, far off the mark. According to it, I'm 1 question over what is necessary to identify me as an abductee, and that's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

But just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or happen.

One theory would be: Creating a hybrid race. That would help explain some of it, doesn't it?

It would be to your benefit if you understand.....we simply don't understand 99.9% of things.

Humans have HUGE limitations enabling us to see and sense a LOT of things. And our arrogant ego doesn't help the process either.

Peace~

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

They certainly are ETs, and to understand why they do so takes a leap, beyond this matrix, beyond what we think life is here. Sleeper discusses pretty much some of this, on his thread, Et's Are As Real As The Nose On Your Face. The role is akin to parent, to child. Gensis. This is the higher group, those who have passed tests. We're all cosmic souls as well, some have come from those systems, and some have been here for a while and are recalling and remembering and dusting off some of the mud and repairing some of their relationships, and they're responding to family. Family watches over. The idea of a vast universe, where life just evolves remotely (instead of being a project) and some ET just happens to discover us, is the farthest thing from the truth. The Universe heavily populated, with life on planets and moons, everywhere, they are utilized. Each has its own orbit/space-time channel, and you can't see whats above you, though they can see you. And to some we are going in slow motion. Time is a program and they stop that program for abductions, even for the system when necessary, depending on their levels.

This is a soul progression school. Higher level cosmic citizens, much higher grades, create races and terraform planets.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I used to have frequent sleep paralysis when I was younger - that feeling of waking up paralyzed and feeling and sometimes seeing a strange presence in the room. However, I highly doubt that it's an abduction or anything like that. It's a strange and scary experience, true. But alien-related, probably not.

Most likely it's food-related - at least for me I always have midnight snacks when I was younger, so my guess is that it's a combination of foods that I ate during the day until my midnight snack that gave me sleep paralysis. The combination - I don't know since I just grab whatever is in the fridge.

Just my take on the whole alien-abduction that involves being paralyzed from my experience.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

out of all the things we can do...like go to the moon...why do we need to capture great white sharks and abduct them out of there habitat just to learn there ways of life...

why do we need to study ants...why do we need to do any of the crap we do with animals....b/c we are interested in them....if i was an intelligent being i would be interested in the primitive beings who are hell bent on destroying themselves i'd be like look at them

dumba**es who do they think they are....here lets find out what makes them tick...

the most logical reason for visitation is the face that yes there are many planets that coud support life but even as common as they are in a universe so big they are rare...so if they found this one...there interested! plus we sent a satelite out many years ago invitin them in...

how do u know some wasnt just outside the solar system saw the satelite and decided to come in...how do u know they didnt recieve a signal from our earth or satelites and decided to see what all the racket is about....jus b/c ur not interesting to anyone else...or anyone else aint interesting to b/c u see it everyday dont mean them humanoids aint interested in our monkey a**es side of the jungle!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Two words we often hear on ATS are "deny ignorance" but it wasn't why I joined after lurking for a while, like many of you have done. No, I joined because I saw a genuine "search for truth", in different topics that I enjoy. Conspiracies, UFOs, NWO, secret societies and many others.

Most of the starred posters here are actually skeptics to all of the above. People will come into threads, claiming lights are swamp gas, optical illusions or whatever and get starred by their friends for it. ATS today is actually more like the mainstream media than a conspiracy site where different alternatives are seriously considered.

But I still enjoy reading it, because even with the above situation, ATS is a great source for getting to know about alternate events.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join