It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

The economy has already collapsed. We are IN a depression. If the currency collapses, there will be chaos, yes. But, historically, gold and silver was the currency of choice in these cases where the fiat money became worthless.
My grandparents were in their twenties when the depression set in. Besides saving every coin they could, they hoarded toilet paper and soap. Priorities are priorities.
Your most important assets are your brain and your hands in a depression, but you don't want to smell bad now do you?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I put forth to all those who have ‘dropped out’:
You are the ones who are the most enslaved.
You are the ones with the least freedom.
You are the ones who have the most to fear.

If you are wrongly collecting SSDI then you have to live in fear of the man finding the truth.
If you subsist on SSDI and work a part time job for chump change you have enslaved yourself.
Chances are you live in section 8 housing and have lost the freedom to live where you want.

Don’t hold yourself up as an example to mimic when you are actually a pathetic example. There are many third world countries where you may go and the government will play no role what so ever in your life.

On the other hand if you want the most freedom and have the least fear, make something of yourself. Become successful. Make your way up the ladder and earn a boat load of money. Do you believe Bill Gates lives in fear? Look at the freedom he has to do almost anything he wants.

For me:
I’ll pay my taxes and open my mailbox without fear.
I’ll vote down the tax levies that are out of line.
I’ll vote for the candidate that most closely matches my viewpoint.
I’ll live where my budget allows.
I’ll vacation where and when I choose.
I’ll hold myself up as a good example to my kids.

If you want to change the way government works then become involved.
If you want to change your life then become involved.
If you want to wallow in self pity I’ll point you out to my kids when we drive under the bridge.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
Congratulations. I I'm 25 i realized this long ago. I got out of the system when i was 19. I've been collecting SSDI since i was 22. Go to a shrink, get declared bi-polar, get a menial job and collect your SSDI while you can. unless of course you have a family then get a real job

Congratulations!

The PTB have you right where they want you.

Now all they have to do is make a few veiled threats to your "livelihood" and you'll willingly do what ever they tell you to do like the good little government slave you've become.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

THIS right here is THE most effective way for people to hasten the inevitable. THIS right here is what I've been trying to tell my family, friends, and loved ones for years and get nothing but laughter in return.
THIS right here is how you best express that your fed up with the system! Not writing to your congressman they don't care and they aren't on your side, no riots or protests that only get botched in the process and instill a further reason for more control over the "crazed people".

Simply just stop participating in the system and yes it is a simple thing to do but an extremely hard decision to make action on.

We have been so conditioned to rely on wallmart and home depot for our living necessities that one doesn't know where or how to start living outside the system completely.

The first step is to recondition your standard of living to a "within your means" type of framework.

The hardest part about this isn't when you make the individual decision to go this rout but rather convincing those who you love and live with to follow you in this path. THAT is the hangup for me personally.

S&F

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Great advice... beat a tyrannical government by becoming more dependent on tyrannical government

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Everything you are doing relies on one HUGE assumption and that is that the government cares what you think and cares about your vote...

That is an assumption I will no longer make.

Independence is not being dependent on an employer to provide you with work or an economy to allow for that employer to provide you with work. That is Dependence...

Independence is not relying on that money from that job from that employer from that economy to live where you want and to go where you want whenever you want. Again that is DEPENDENCE!

When you can provide your own necessities of life to yourself only then can you be independent.

When you can farm and grow your own food to feed yourself and your family only then will you be independent from that paycheck and that job and that wall mart to do so FOR you!

You are DEPENDENT on the system and when that system is corrupt and abuses you, YOU HAVE NO SAY in the matter you are the DEPENDENT person in this matter why in the hell would they heed what you say? What are you going to do boycott eating? boycott your job and paycheck? What then? Starve? They know this and they know they have you by the balls because they not only control the food that goes into your mouth they control how you obtain this food (jobs/paycheck)

They manipulate you to participate in the system using TV glorification of these completely unsustainable over consuming lifestyles that you cannot have unless you participate in the system.

Just know this one obvious fact about modern life and the system. YOU didn't create this system it was here before you, you were BORN into this system and you rely on this system and because of that you will NEVER be FREE its not YOUR system!

They who created and run this system of modern life and consumption etc are the ones that have complete control of you because they control your life necessities and how you obtain those necessities.

Seriously think about it, even if you have millions you are dependent on whatever it is making those millions for you to live that life you have come so accustomed to. So you will start making completely greedy asinine decisions in your own best interest to keep those millions coming in and keep that exorbitant lifestyle alive. This system BREEDS greed, its destined to fail as it will chew itself up and the planet/resources in the mean time.

So when this system stabs itself in the back inevitably, what you going to do then?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
May I have your attention:

It is with the utmost respect and consideration for our members that I must call attention to the following exceedingly important elements of the Terms and Conditions of Use:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

and

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

Remember that this community depends greatly on our freedom to express ourselves, any activity by us that could be construed as tolerance of criminal behavior, or the organization of dissent or protest places us in a position to be targeted, irrespective of the intent of the conversation.

I am sure none of us would benefit from some organization (or people) using our comments to vilify our ability to speak with each other, share stories, or merely discuss our reactions to the status quo. And I can assure you, those who are seeking 'politically expedient' means to characterize others are constantly on the prowl for such opportunities.

Furthermore, on a personal note, remember that by declaring an intent to break the law (such as it is) we weaken our own standing to confront that law. These are not the days of Emerson, Thoreau, nor even those of the Framers. We must be smarter than that.

Please do not encourage people to be criminals. But it is not a crime to explain the injustice you percieve in a law, nor are we forbidden to examine the courses of action one might take in a hypothetical scenario.

In summary, be sensitive to our community and its' value to all of us, and know that there are those who wish we weren't here. Don't "hand" them an opportunity to object to our right to speak, or even exists as a community. Many of you may already know these sentiments exist; and there are those in positions of authority who crave such a chance.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The world court just ruled for the Kosovo declaration of independence;
that means that they will accept a breakaway section of the US as a new nation;
Dixie can be a new nation; the PAC NW can be a new and separate nation.
Perhaps therein lies the solution?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Wow never realized how incredibly "fall in line" those TOC sound.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

They want you apathetic, dont you get it? If you look at leaks on Wikileaks, they talk about ways to make you apathetic. Our apathy ALLOWED them to pull that little cheat in 2000.

More apathy is exactly what they want. Not that I am not saying pulling our labor and dollars out of the system arent positive. They may be. But voter apathy is one of the causes of our situation, not the cure of it.

We need the opposite of apathy, information seeking, decisive and sustained political action, (not just "oh well, I tried.")

Our government is what we have allowed it to be, for the last 50-60 years we have been sitting there like zombies in front of the TV soaking up whatever we see. Believing every thing we hear from the magic box. We have been puppets on strings, and I find it highly ironic that you "freedom fighters" would change "voter apathy" as your rallying cry, since that has been theirs all along.

Our system does not recognize 'no vote" as a vote against. If you want "no confidence" votes you need to vote to get them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I don't think there's anything "fall in line" about it. If you believe you have a valid position, present your thought process and evidence. Attempt your best to relate it to another so that they may come to the same realizations on their own.

Why should anyone be afforded free will if they don't exercise it, and instead follow the ambitions of another because they're unwilling to think freely.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Sorry but I have lost all respect for the authority of the USA, and I have completely lost all patriotism that I may have once had.

Hey Downtown,
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. There is still plenty to be patriot about. You still have some good fellow countrymen. But I do agree
that the Federal Govt. has gotten WAY out of control, and needs to be whittled down to the core. I've said it before...If the Fed.Govt. only had the powers enumerated in the Constitution, this would still be a country you could be proud of. Don't give up just yet. There is still hope.
Time is getting short though.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"Sustained political action" is what has enslaved us since the dawn of time. If humanity is ever to be truly free, it must transcend politics and evolve past the ill-perceived "need" to be governed by an external force.

By voting, you are simply legitimizing the political system. By voting for a particular candidate, you are tacitly acknowledging that person somehow has authority to make decisions on behalf of those who didn't vote for him/her.

This is tyranny. There exists no such authority. No human being has any right to coerce any other human being to do (or not to do) anything.

"Majority rule" is simply that--rule. I refuse to be ruled, and will not participate in their silly game.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

The one [snip] that votes for himself and all the others will all have one vote and then there will be a power vaccum because of the tie and they would call for a recount and waste a billion dollars counting 4 votes. Then Chuck Norris will come out of a shadow and ninja snap kick them in there tracheas and declare himself supreme ruler of the univerese and force the rest of America to grow beards that will be taxed according to volume color and length.

I quit too simply by default but not because I volunteer to quit I just cant find a job. Im beginning to believe that all these "jobs" that are advertised from the state are bunk and are just there for show. Blah!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I agree there has to be a "way of life" that doesn't include the concept of "rule" at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The last place you want to be when the globalists take over is a third world country.

Europe might go thru ice age when the oil that is under the warm water rises when it hits the cold current.

I think if anything USA will be the safest place.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
"Sustained political action" is what has enslaved us since the dawn of time. If humanity is ever to be truly free, it must transcend politics and evolve past the ill-perceived "need" to be governed by an external force.

You arent ever going to get to that point by pretending the existing system doesnt have the power, the means, and the will to stomp your anarchist ideals into the ground. Just like the PTB are using democracy to restore a form of aristocracy, (where money substitutes for title in determining privilege) your only hope of moving past democracy is though it. Or, finding yourself an unclaimed continent and defending it against the economic powers that be. Good luck with that.

Originally posted by NthOtherBy voting, you are simply legitimizing the political system. By voting for a particular candidate, you are tacitly acknowledging that person somehow has authority to make decisions on behalf of those who didn't vote for him/her.

The candidate you vote for currently DOES make decisions for us, they are supposed to represent us. And our will be done through them. It was intended to bypass the difficulty of gathering everyone together for every issue. For expedience. They were not intended to simply ignore the will of the people. Apathy allows them to.

This is tyranny. There exists no such authority. No human being has any right to coerce any other human being to do (or not to do) anything.

You are right, they dont have the "right" we hire them to do a job for us. Its up to us to reelect them or not based on their performance. Not voting is often interpreted as legitimizing their lack of concern with our will. After all, if they were doing something you didnt like, you would say something. Right?

"Majority rule" is simply that--rule. I refuse to be ruled, and will not participate in their silly game.

Good for you. And the roughly 50% of Americans, disproportionately poor, who agree with you. We have you to thank for the fact that we have a government who represents the will of the wealthy. (the majority of which are political and do vote, but that must be some odd coincidence that they get their needs met, no cause and effect link here, right?) We have you to thank for the erosion of our rights, and our Constitution. Thanks alot guys. Why dont you go have some Cheetos and the rest of us will try to do something about the problem so that you dont have to.

Laziness and apathy does not equal anarchy.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Myself and several ppl I know have gone from fulltime job
or 1.5 jobs down to half a job just because they have decided
the harder you work the more you are punished for it.

This has a few possible effects I can think of of the top of my head:

1) It makes work available for other ppl.

2) It lowers your stress level and that is linked to lifespan by science.

3) It puts you in a lower tax bracket, and thus starves the beast in DC.

4) Your time can be spent in many different ways for trade/barter
or to improve your house, lower your bills, go back to school,
enjoy the outdoors, see family members, write a book, etc etc.

5) Lower the mileage you drive.

6) Time for starting a small home based or onsite service business.

7) Time to prepare and practice survival skills for a likely economic
collapse planned or accidental.

8) Time to build a dual motor Ebike that goes 75 mph on drill batteries.

9) Grow your own bio diesel for pennies.

There are more but with lots of things like this you can lower your
cost of living, establish relationships with locals and make
a complimentary support structure where you can get close
to 100% self sufficiency.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

"As the very founders did when they left Europe, simply leave the nation, no need to hesitate, its purely your choice, no need for assurances as they had no such assurances. But consider the reality that the world is not as you might imagine it to be.

Its your choice.

edit:

Just to make things crystal clear, typing from a comfort zone and knowing that you are not at risk from a foreign power does tend to bring out the ignorance in people. Although this is not directed towards yourself but you should take a step back and re evaluate how situations are turned around in a blink of an eye."

You mention the founders as a point of reference yet much of what
is occurring such as the open theft and robbery of the ppl they
would not condone, but you do.

Most of the world is inhabited, and most of the world has more
strict immigration than the US, going someplace is largely
not an option.

For a card carrying native american whose family was here before
the Europeans decided to move in and take ownership, tell me
more about this comfort zone my ppl have been living in.

At present the ppl of the USA are more like stars in 1984 or
Brave New World.

Being at risk from some foreign power does not give bankers
the right to loot the retirement funds of the working class,
and collapse countries like Iceland "on purpose" as we have
been finding out.

No amount of fear mongering justifies the acts of pirates that have
traded in their eyepatch for a tie and their parrot for a Porsche.

We got millions of ppl crossing into out country at will with near
zero fear of prosecution while carrying full automatic weapons
and out government puts multiple US counties off limits to US
citizens because of the invading drug army and then does ZERO
about it but posture and pontificate.

In lieu of this love or leave it response all citizens have equal
ownership of the nation and have an equal voice under the
first amendment.

If too many ppl forget they are allowed their voice and seek to
hinder it or run off those asking for the LAW TO BE UPHELD
they find themselves debating the finer points of the 2nd amendment.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
"As the very founders did when they left Europe, simply leave the nation, no need to hesitate, its purely your choice, no need for assurances as they had no such assurances. But consider the reality that the world is not as you might imagine it to be.

Its your choice.

The founders didn't leave Europe to form America. They were already here as loyal English citizens. Then instead of leaving as you said, they decided to stay and live as freemen in the place of their birth.

This is your birth right. It is part of US law, and most European countries. It states that you are foremost a Citizen of your country (State in America) and owe it your allegiance above all else. Because it is the land of your fathers, and their fathers.

And that sir is why none of us will be leaving, we will stay in our land and live as free men. Much like the founding fathers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join