It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi! :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hello there ATS!

I've been visiting this site for about 2-3 years but only had an account a few months, I'm from the Midlands UK. I have long been a UFO enthusiast being bought up on X-Files in my younger years triggered it all off, also I am a dedicated Spiritualist.

I DID want to post in the UFO forum about something I have witnessed just 15 minutes ago but (and understandably) I cannot due to my post count.

I was having a cig out the front of my house and was using the Planisphere app on my iPhone (check it out, its very educational to the untrained sky watcher
) I was looking at Venus in relation to the position of the moon when to the North East of the moon I spotted what I thought at first might have been a satellite passing over in a fast steady direction from East to West. I thought how pleasant it was to spot it and carried on smoking as it disappeared into the distance.

Now a few seconds later, probably less than a minute I saw a SECOND originating from around about where I spotted the first but this was moving from South to North, it seemed to slow to a near stop and changed to a North West direction almost on the spot. It whizzed over my house quite quickly, not amazingly fast but defiantly faster than a high altitude plane. Once it had gone over my house it was gone.

I couldn't believe my luck seeing 2 similar objects so close together! But then the third appeared, yet again from a similar area the other 2 started from but this time going North East. This one was much faster than the other 2 and seemed smaller (higher?) than the previous, it got to a point near to some woods and fields to the East of my house and stopped. I watched it for a few seconds before it just faded out.

Each of these sightings lasted between 20seconds to a minute, the first and third being the longer of the trio.

For the record this is not the first time I have seen UFO's, but they were much higher than I have seen in the past and these stuck about longer. I am perfectly straight headed and not on any medication besides painkillers, also I have 'perfect' 20/20 vision.

Left me in a good mood after a bad day, as usual seeing is believing but I will try answer all (if any) questions, just wish I could have posted this in the right area!

ANYWAY!!! That's a long introduction! I hope to get to know as many of you as possible, and contribute as much as I can.

Regards.

DiGi-Dan

(edited to correct spelling)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DiGi-Dan]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
well since this is the introduction forum, ill just say, welcome! without any pictures of this i can't comment any further except say, strange!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks

I would've taken pictures if they had been bigger than u average pin prick sized star, my phone simply wouldn't have caught anything

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hi DigiDan, I'm a newbie poster too so feel safe in the knowledge that you're not alone. We all have to start somewhere and all here for basically the same thing, so hello

Your post's weird as in the deja vu sense. Saw something similar about a month ago, I'm North East from where you are. I too didn't have the chance to get a picture, but my daughter was with me and she saw it too. We were just out stargazing in the garden, was a clear night, not many clouds, and we could see some stars above us when we looked close enough.

I noticed one that was shining brighter a bit East from where we'd originally been stargazing, it kind of glowed different colours, and it wasn't stationary, I used a branch on a tree as a kind of guide for a few minutes and it had moved slightly. Just as I was staring at that, I saw a ball of light just switch on in the sky (not an orange hue, more an ultraviolet glow, with a tinge of blueishness to it). Just as I saw it, it went out, as if it had vanished, on, off)

I looked at my daughter, and she looked at me, and we both just looked at each other, mouths wide open. I asked her if she'd seen it and she said yeah, so I'm glad she was with me.

I always look in the sky now when it's clear.

Keep your eyes to the skies and nice to meet you - thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks smash_the_system

That's an interesting story, I think I may have seen that one too, was it a Tuesday night by any chance? (29th to be exact). I and 3 others also may have seen it!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hello and welcome to ATS enjoy your stay!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DiGi-Dan

Hi DigiDan, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, got some catching up to do ha?

Regarding the sighting, it was about a month ago I think, not 100% what night it was being honest, though I wouldn't rule a weekend evening out. Not very helpful really as I can't give a precise day/date.

The thing we noticed first was like a star in appearence, though it did seem bigger than the stars (it could have been a satellite as it was moving, all be it quite slowly) but seeing as I don't know if I've ever seen a satellite before, on that, I can only speculate. It was the thing that we saw later that baffled us. We weren't even expecting to see whatever it was that we saw, it was a 'corner of the eye' appearance in a way. But we both saw it.

I've been folowing a thread on here of a sighting in the North East Of England.. can't remember the link (still finding my feet on here re adding links etc. ) Anyway, the lights on there seemed very similar, as if they kept vanishing and then reappearing, the colours do seem to match too, not a yellow/orange light, but the same ultra violet hue) There's a debate that those were/are flares but I've never seen one of those either (I've led a sheltered life! lol)

I've not been out skywatching for a few weeks (merely for the fact that it's been really cloudy most nights) thinking of investing in a good pair of binoculars

If you see anything else, please upload

top topics

join