It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image that I am Confused about ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hello All

I normally scan the skies, both night and day hoping (?) to see something I can't explain....!

I did just see a picture which has me a little confused and I wonder what others more experienced in these things will make of it ???

It was taken by someone called Barry Moore not very far from where I live and he says he has no explanation of it either..

Onn first glance it looks like just a uniform mark or smudge but then you start to look at the shape, the base of it .. what is it ??

If some expert photographer says its just an 'abberation' then the guy claims to be a keen photographer and he says that is NOT the case.................

Thoughts people...... maybe something or nothing but being close to where I live, I am intrigued !!!

LINK
www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd say a lens flare.
Second line: It appears in the pic with the sun, but not in the pic without.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Really does look like a reflection in the lens, prismatic effect and all.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm definately going with Lens Flare on this one - in fact, you can see where it starts about mid-way to the sun. This is a common artifact when taking a picture of something as bright as the sun. So common, in fact, most photo editing software has it built into it

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
yep would have to agree on the lens flare as well.

either that or something was attempting to beam up those cows

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OK

Sorry all..... It's a simple lens flare...

I was intrigued because the guy is a keen photographer and had ruled out such things...

I on the otherhand know nothing

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I left a comment on the blog that it was a lens flare but they deleted it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Disinfo will not be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
OK

I was intrigued because the guy is a keen photographer and had ruled out such things...

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK
I'M not convinced lens flare. WHY, because if you blow up the picture a colored line developes and points to the object in question. The line comes from the cloud above.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

OK

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK
I'M not convinced lens flare. WHY, because if you blow up the picture a colored line developes and points to the object in question. The line comes from the cloud above.

That tlooks like the sun is hiding behind the cloud. Lens flare.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It most definitely is lens flare. Getting paid to take pictures doesn't mean very much. You can be taught to use a camera very well indeed without ever actually understanding how the process works. It is analogous to the fact that many drivers have no idea how a car engine works. The fact that Mr. Moore has no idea why it is present in the shot with the sun in it and not the other one, which shows more ground - less sky, speaks volumes. As does his assertion that lens flare should only come in RGB.

Some examples:
nicholasallan.files.wordpress.com...

blogidaho.biz...
(This one shows a similar artefact to Mr. Moore's cone)

www.cameron-photo.com...

The type of lens used for a photo affects the type of lens flare you will see in an image. The more elements there are, and the different coatings on these, all influences the final effect. I would guess that the type of lens Mr. Moore used is a mirror zoom lens (used to substantially increase focal length without substantially increasing the physical length of the lens), as I have seen similar cone shaped effects caused by the light reflecting from the internal mirror using my brother's old Pentax kit from the 80's. You won't see that many examples nowadays, as mirror lenses' optics aren't very good and they have dropped out of favour.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

PurpleDog UK.....

This happens a fair bit.

Here's an interesting case regarding which I posted a little while ago.

It appears to have tricked an experienced photographer!

Glowing Green UFO Photographed Over Norfolk Windmill

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

That colored line is a series of lens flares.
Gotta love it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by nite owl

That colored line is a series of lens flares.
Gotta love it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

OK

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

Convincing has nothing to do with it. What it has to do is being observant. Replies have been posted calling it a lens flare and rightly so. In the second picture with the lens flare the photographer raised the camera to include more of the sky/clouds and also got the bottom edge of the brightness produced by the sun. Ergo: lens flare. You need to be more objective.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

OK

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

Nite owl.....

Have another look at my thread as posted above:

Glowing Green UFO Photographed Over Norfolk Windmill

Have a look at this picture from my thread:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c20ca82ca6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you see the line associated with the lens flare?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
PurpleDog:

At least it's still a COOL lens flare! It is kind of unusual to see one that looks like that, and lines up with the horizon too.

Even if it's just a lens flare (and I also think it is), it's good to post these things. We have to keep an eye out when it comes to the UFO subject.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
Apparently several others also left lens flare comments and they are still there.

It's obviously a lens flare, but the shape and color are a little unusual. The fact that a photographer can't recognize lens flare when he sees it is a little surprising but it just means he's not the most knowledgeable photographer around.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That is 100% an energy vortex. I have seen them many many times with my own eyes to recognize one. This is a fantastic picture. You can see the entry point in the ley line where this vortex is open. I have been to England many times and the land is riddle rich with metaphysical properties. Thanks for posting it!

Edit: I just realized that this picture was taken near Bakewell, Derbyshire. That is SLAM IN THE MIDDLE of an pivotal ley line intersection near the stone circle of Arbor Low. I have been there personally and let me tell you- the vibrations there are intense! That is the perfect reciepe for an energy vortex.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

maybe not

Thankyou for the link..

Just wanted to congratulate you on your avatar - Zoolander is one of the films that makes me laugh out loud....

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join