It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ghosts be a glimpse into a parallel universe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by StealthyKat

Could be a glimpse into a parallel universe. I have often wondered though that if aliens existed and wanted to observe us in our natural habitat if they would possibly use some kind of cloaking device to do so. I am not talking about a simple invisibility cloak similar to ones our military is working on today (but much more advanced) instead I am talking about one that allows them to physically disappear as well.Matter is mainly empty space and if you could change its frequency to one that is beyond the matter in our domain you may be able to completely disappear when needed; kinda like a shift of sorts where only part of you (shadow, light, residual effect on objects, ETC.) is still there.

Exactly! I mean if you think about it, all kinds of things could be tied into this.....there is just so much we don't comprehend yet.....fascinating!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

If they are so much more advanced (if they exist)....then perhaps they have figured all this paralell universe stuff out, and can zip in and out of them. Maybe that explains why people say that they see a ufo and then it just instantly disappears....hmmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey Kat,
Just off to bed so not leaving a huge message but have to reply cause this is exactly what Ive thought and researched heavily less than a few months ago, all started with a crazy experience a while back that a bit of research showed the closest description of remote vision, but thats a whole other story for another time..
Point is I think you could be on the right path with these thoughts and Im sure its worth continuing

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I just wanted to share a thought and see what others think of this.....if parallel universes exist.....could seeing a ghost just be a glimpse into one? A being who just crosses into our reality for a brief moment? Or, could seeing a ufo be a glimpse of the future that exists in one? Parallel universes, also known as meta-universes or multiverses, are a group of theoretical twin universes that coexist at the same time as our own. Parallel universes are said to be simple variations of our reality, all running at the same time in different realities. Parallel universes are not uniquely confined to the science fiction realm anymore; philosophy, physics, and even theology have theories about why multiverses exist and how they work. Parallel universes have often been used in fiction and TV programs as an explanation for strange phenomena....

Quantum mechanics, the science that looks for explanations to phenomena that cannot be explained by the regular laws of physics and science, has been studying parallel universes since 1956. American physicist Hugh Everett first formulated the idea of parallel universes to explain the theory that every possible outcome of every choice we have actually does happen. While in this universe you may choose path A, an alternate you will choose path B in a parallel universe.

Where and how parallel universes exist is actually the most heated source of debate. Some say meta-universes exist close to us. So close, in fact, that ghosts may be nothing more than people from alternate universes somehow slipping into our reality. Others postulate that parallel universes are infinitely far, way beyond the farthest galaxies. A third theory is that parallel universes exist in different dimensions, either lower or higher than the four-dimension world we live in.

While the idea of parallel universes may seem incredible, more and more scientists are buying into the idea of a multitude of universes coexisting barely millimeters away. A disturbing new theory currently being researched in several high-profile universities holds that the Big Bang may not have been the actual beginning of the universe. In fact, some scientists are now claiming that the big explosion we see as the origin of our life could actually be the result of two universes colliding, thus generating a new one. This revolutionary theory has been taken seriously by quantum mechanic scientists and is now the source of heated debate across the world.

So.......what are your thoughts? I'm no scientist by any means (LOL).....but it's just something I thought about, and I was curious to see what others think.

Nice hypothesis but if I'm from alternate B, how do i know i'm dead in alternate A, be able to "somehow" communicate with my alternate A's relatives and fully aware of their condition and surrounding?
oh and since I'm too busy paying attention to alternate A realm during the collision, what happen to myself in my own realm?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I would love to hear about it....I think it's fascinating. It could explain so much if true. What got my interest was a show called "The Universe", where they discussed this, and I was hooked!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Great question! That's the thing though.....I don't think we can be aware......we are just "in the moment". I think that we are all spiritual beings, and as such, we are only restricted by the environment we are in. On earth, we must be in physical bodies to function here....and our bodies are a sort of "vehicle" for our spirits. When we "die" we are released from this physical restriction, and are free to experience these other places. Perhaps this is heaven?? To be able to be "free" to experience it ALL.....perhaps, "the light" people describe when dying is actually the process of entering this new realm? Just a thought.....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Hi!....I just wanted to invite you to my other thread....you shouls watch all the videos there....it is just unblievable! Hope to see you there! www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join