It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ghosts be a glimpse into a parallel universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Perhaps you should read up on this then :en.wikipedia.org...

Those Australian Aborigines smoke some serious #!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01

Perhaps you should read up on this then :en.wikipedia.org...

Those Australian Aborigines smoke some serious #!

Great link! I never knew all that.....**passes you a "peace pipe"** LOL!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You must have seen these, hard to spot at first but do you see the other arm on the shorter girl on the right, looks like a ghost getting in the photo?
Spooky. Some of the ghosts appear happy, others sad. None of it is what I had envisioned after death. I wonder if this is a choice these entities make to stay on this plane or are they forced here? Do they fade in and out along with peoples thoughts about them?

Look at this video of notable "ghost photos" and then this quote from the wiki link above seems eerily apt..

It was believed that, before humans, animals, and plants came into being, their 'souls' existed; they knew they would become physical, but not then.
When that time came, all but one of the 'souls' became plants or animals, with the last one becoming human and acting as a custodian or guardian to the natural world around them.

Also here is another interesting thought...

Existence of Ghosts - Scientific Proof For the Existence of Ghosts Exposed
ezinearticles.com...
Scientific Proof

The law of thermodynamics, if examined from a different angle, could prove that ghosts exist. Even if it cannot be taken as proof, it could give rise to a number of questions.
If these questions are taken seriously and attempts made to find answers to them, we might very well come up with proof that ghosts exist.
What is the law of thermodynamics?
Among the gravitational laws, this is the most significant law.
A careful study of it reveals the fact that science has already proved that ghosts do exist.
According to this law "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it can only change form."
Let us now analyze this law carefully. Energy never dies, according to this important law; instead, energy shifts from one form to the other. Accordingly, the energy that we are is not destroyed by death; it just changes form.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well Right now I'm shopping for a used car. I called a dealership I read about online asking for the car I want and they said they'd call me back in a few minutes to tell me if they have it in stock at any of their locations. While I'm waiting for them to call me back I'm going to tell my story about my encounter with a gargoyle. lol

Anyways. First off I worked as a security-officer at the time (in fact I still am but I was with a different security-firm back then). One time I was pulling security overnight from 8PM to about 5AM for a recycling plant. And I was the only person there.

In case you all are wondering. Reason for having security was because:

#1. They had money stored there about 20-30 yards away from where I'd sit in my office.

#2. Before they had security there (so I heard) there would be gang-bangers sneaking in and tagging up the place while there was another incident involving a fork-lift and some other items having been stolen.

So one night I was there. It was some time during October of 07. The moon was a bright yellow. I was inside my station/office/whatever and reading stuff on the internet through my cell-phone.

And there was this portable police-type radio I had there with me in the office, sitting on my desk. All of a sudden the radio switched on by itself and made this funny sound like a 'laughing/cackling'. (It sounded like the laugh you'd hear from Ramon Salazar, a villain from the video game "Resident Evil 4".)

Now, mind you, I MAY HAVE just been imagining things. Maybe because I was sleep deprived or something. Because I had barely started working there and I wasn't necessarily accustomed to working nights just yet at the time.

BUT. I had the radio turned off because it needed charging. And I forgot to put it on the charger. Secondly whenever I had the radio on? I'd never hear any chatter or anything come from it. It was just used to make emergency transmissions in times of distress. And I never needed to do so the entire time I ever worked there.

I get up from my desk and I'm like 'wtf'? So I take the radio. Put it on the charger. And I step outside to smoke a cigarette. While I'm outside smoking I look far across the yard all the way to where the processing shed is. (Mind you everything looks a tad bit creepy with all the trash and machinery lying around and everything is all still.)

I'm looking and I see this sort of gargoylesque-looking shaped apparition. It was perched atop the processing shed. I saw it for like a split second or so and then it vanished. But I ignored it. It didn't scare me. I just stood there and kept smoking. The whole time I thought maybe I was just imagining things.

Later I went back inside and sat down while I listened to my MP3 player. That was it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ghosts are stuck between two realms
What does that tell you
??? Your first thought is most likely correct since its very logical.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is a spooky story and photo too

And there is even a ghost car and driver!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Wow....interesting! I have seen some of them but not all. The one with the man in the backseat of the car gives me the creeps lol. I agree with what was said about souls etc....I think our souls are eternal....and our physical bodies are just "vehicles "for our spirit to function in this environment. When we "die" our soul goes on (to another dimension in spirit form because we don't need a physical body there).....I think some people's spirits get trapped here because they have unresolved issues, or love someone so much they just don't want to leave them etc....so they wind up in a kind of limbo, neither here nor there....and the ones who DO go on are able to "pop in" from time to time, either intentionally, or accidentally, and sometimes we catch a glimpse of them....thank you for video!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Interesting....I had something similar happen to me once, only it was an evil looking dog....I think these type of things are demonic.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Creepy!
That demon one is weird....It almost looks canine. As I said in another post, I have seen what I think was a demon in the form of a dog once. When I have enough time (or nerve) maybe I'll share it LOL!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Boyfriend and I watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose last night. I asked if Emily's "possession" might not be some sort of psychological disorder like Tourettes that could explain what was happening to her physically and mentally. A religious mania perhaps. It was based on a true story.
He convinced himself and me Emily had actually been possessed by 6 demons. I can't get him to believe UFO's are real but he believes in demons.
Go figure.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm waiting to here what you have to say.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Tell me what happened....I apoligize for taking so long to respond. I am very interested to hear your experience!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I haven't seen that one....is it good? Nothing can top The Exorcist....to me that is the scariest movie of all time! You know, I think both of those things are from other dimensions....what religion calls heaven and hell could be real but not like we think.....just like on earth, maybe there are good and evil universes or dimensions....and good people go to the good one and bad people go to the bad one. I know demons are real....don't think I'm nuts, but I have had an experience with what I believe was one when I was a child. It was so real, I have never forgotten it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Check this out....according to this article, assuming parallel universes are real, you can be doing something here, and your "other" self is doing something completely different in the parallel universe. It made me wonder.....could this also explain Deja Vu? The feeling that "this has happened before" or you feel a connection to a place or person you don't know?? Hmmmmm...here's the link.

www.skullbunnie.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Check this out....according to this article, assuming parallel universes are real, you can be doing something here, and your "other" self is doing something completely different in the parallel universe. It made me wonder.....could this also explain Deja Vu? The feeling that "this has happened before" or you feel a connection to a place or person you don't know?? Hmmmmm...here's the link.

www.skullbunnie.com...

I thought the EXACT same thing the entire time!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I haven't seen that one....is it good? Nothing can top The Exorcist....to me that is the scariest movie of all time! You know, I think both of those things are from other dimensions....what religion calls heaven and hell could be real but not like we think.....just like on earth, maybe there are good and evil universes or dimensions....and good people go to the good one and bad people go to the bad one. I know demons are real....don't think I'm nuts, but I have had an experience with what I believe was one when I was a child. It was so real, I have never forgotten it.

Exorcist is the genre classic and one of the scariest movies of my life. This one could not compare to it but still was very good, especially considering it was a true story. Like I said... my BF walked away a believer on the subject. I already believed it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

LOL! You can spend a lot of time thinking about that one!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

Well Right now I'm shopping for a used car. I called a dealership I read about online asking for the car I want and they said they'd call me back in a few minutes to tell me if they have it in stock at any of their locations. While I'm waiting for them to call me back I'm going to tell my story about my encounter with a gargoyle. lol

Anyways. First off I worked as a security-officer at the time (in fact I still am but I was with a different security-firm back then). One time I was pulling security overnight from 8PM to about 5AM for a recycling plant. And I was the only person there.

In case you all are wondering. Reason for having security was because:

#1. They had money stored there about 20-30 yards away from where I'd sit in my office.

#2. Before they had security there (so I heard) there would be gang-bangers sneaking in and tagging up the place while there was another incident involving a fork-lift and some other items having been stolen.

So one night I was there. It was some time during October of 07. The moon was a bright yellow. I was inside my station/office/whatever and reading stuff on the internet through my cell-phone.

And there was this portable police-type radio I had there with me in the office, sitting on my desk. All of a sudden the radio switched on by itself and made this funny sound like a 'laughing/cackling'. (It sounded like the laugh you'd hear from Ramon Salazar, a villain from the video game "Resident Evil 4".)

Now, mind you, I MAY HAVE just been imagining things. Maybe because I was sleep deprived or something. Because I had barely started working there and I wasn't necessarily accustomed to working nights just yet at the time.

BUT. I had the radio turned off because it needed charging. And I forgot to put it on the charger. Secondly whenever I had the radio on? I'd never hear any chatter or anything come from it. It was just used to make emergency transmissions in times of distress. And I never needed to do so the entire time I ever worked there.

I get up from my desk and I'm like 'wtf'? So I take the radio. Put it on the charger. And I step outside to smoke a cigarette. While I'm outside smoking I look far across the yard all the way to where the processing shed is. (Mind you everything looks a tad bit creepy with all the trash and machinery lying around and everything is all still.)

I'm looking and I see this sort of gargoylesque-looking shaped apparition. It was perched atop the processing shed. I saw it for like a split second or so and then it vanished. But I ignored it. It didn't scare me. I just stood there and kept smoking. The whole time I thought maybe I was just imagining things.

Later I went back inside and sat down while I listened to my MP3 player. That was it.
I'm no expert, but that sounds demonic.....like I was saying in an earlier post, I think good and evil exist in every dimension, soooooo maybe a glimpse of one of the bad ones? Maybe someone who knows more on the subject can add something......it's very interesting, and I believe you. I have seen something similar, but don't talk about it much since people look at me funny LOL! The next time I have time (as it is lengthy), I may post my story.....it is as real to me now as it was then....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sorry about the post right before this one (reply to "Marked One").....my reply is at the bottom, but it sort of merged with his post

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Could be a glimpse into a parallel universe. I have often wondered though that if aliens existed and wanted to observe us in our natural habitat if they would possibly use some kind of cloaking device to do so. I am not talking about a simple invisibility cloak similar to ones our military is working on today (but much more advanced) instead I am talking about one that allows them to physically disappear as well.Matter is mainly empty space and if you could change its frequency to one that is beyond the matter in our domain you may be able to completely disappear when needed; kinda like a shift of sorts where only part of you (shadow, light, residual effect on objects, ETC.) is still there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join