It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ghosts be a glimpse into a parallel universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

I kind of take it like a recording of time. I think they were trying to let us know that good times were had there, and the ones that are there are content. They have one, we called the Gentleman Ghost. He likes to hang out in the bar, and they have more then a few picture with pretty women in them, were there is something coming through. He likes the ladies. They have alot of Weddings in the place and he is seen alot in the females pictures.

We also have a great EVP taken at a University Library. One of our investigators was getting kind of wordy when saying goodbye. She gave a 10 minute thank you, we respect you, ment no ill will ect. At one point she breaks and you hear a male voice say "Get the F**K out already". You should have seen us play that one for the university staff LOL.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonardo01

If you think you have paranormal activity, please let me know. And I can recomend someone in your area. I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

Thanks! Can you post the link to your websites? I can't wait to hear what you find!

Web-site is under some new constrution, so give me a week. And as soon as I get the sign off on these current cases, I will be happy to post.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Well, if the phenomena does originate from an alternate dimension/time...whatever, I don't think I would want to travel to that place, considering their largely negative nature. A large collection of EVPs/disembodied voices are reported as communicating such things like "GET OUT!", "HELP ME", screaming/groaning...etc. Most of the EVPs I've listened to, and I've listened to a lot of them online, sound to me like your listening to a bunch of zombies wandering around mindlessly mumbling nonsense and spooky stuff and if they are aware of you at all they seem very thick about it. It's possible that it's true that they aren't from elsewhere at all and are just stuck here in limbo and we just don't have the tech to detect them reliably yet. I didn't mention the ability to detect them with our human/animal senses, because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I'm not unconvinced we don't create ghostly phenomena ourselves in some way.

Hmmmmm maybe there are good places and bad places, just like everything else.......maybe it's what we think of as" Heaven" and "Hell"

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I agree....I love anything that's a mystery! This is off topic, but what do you think of these paranormal TV shows....I tend to think they are fake.....but Ghost Adventures is entertaining just because Zach Baggins is so ridiculous!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

OK....can't wait to see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaGhostHunter
reply to post by slane69

We have done many places were the "ghost" are happy to be were they are. We got one place were we left a recorer on and left the building for 15 min. The EVPs we caught were like the sounds of a party, peole laughing , glasses tinking, music, ect. We have one Hotel we do that was a Speak-easy. That place has some great activity and nothing wants to leave.
I think TV pushes the Trapped Dead thing alot. It sells, hearing a mother looking for her missing baby the dad buried alive, is more moving then a house full of happy ghosts.

I was going to bring that up, but you beat me to it LOL! You are right, I think TV plays up the "spooky" stuff because it is more dramatic and it's what people who watch ghost shows want to see....so it just SEEMS like they are all moaning and groaning. That's what I meant when I said there may be good places and bad places....the moaning ones are most likely in the bad place....everything has a positive and a negative side.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01

I sleep with the lights on now and I think its better in this fashion(This has happened twice and I would not want it to happen again). Your conjecture could well be correct and the human body is perhaps capable of generating something like a weak electromagnetic pulse under "duress". Especially when we're in a state of slumber where the subconscious mind is more functional and our pent up emotions begin to surface....it could be the key to why some people experience strange phenomenon and others do not.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

I believe this to be true. When you are falling asleep, you are entering an "altered state", where the barriers and inhibitions of the "waking state" are gone.....this leaves you more open to experience things of this nature. I really believe that when you dream, you are sort of in another dimension....you know how sometimes you dream and when you wake up it felt SO REAL? Maybe it was.....if ghosts are from another dimension and are in spirit form, maybe as we sleep, our spirit can travel there....and it is interpreted by as as a very realistic dream....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

LMAO.....I guess there are ghost a**h****s too LOL!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To be honest, the only Para-trend show I watch is Ghost Adventures. And that is only for the entertainment value. I think Zack "Bilbo" Bagins is a Drama Tool. You can smell the AXE body spary over the TV. I think the rest of the shows are crap. TAPS is the worst bunch in the whole community. They are constantly faking stuff, and getting caught. If you have to fake, hire Chris Angel to teach you slight of hand. Ghost Hunters International, every place they go is active. I would have more respect for these teams if they came up to a client and said, "WE didnt get #". But even when they catch very little, its a big deal.

Sometime we will do a place twice and only come up with a couple of EVPs. Other times there is alot going on. I know these TV shows are restricted to the ties of production, but still call it a renactment or something

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaGhostHunter
To be honest, the only Para-trend show I watch is Ghost Adventures. And that is only for the entertainment value. I think Zack "Bilbo" Bagins is a Drama Tool. You can smell the AXE body spary over the TV. I think the rest of the shows are crap. TAPS is the worst bunch in the whole community. They are constantly faking stuff, and getting caught. If you have to fake, hire Chris Angel to teach you slight of hand. Ghost Hunters International, every place they go is active. I would have more respect for these teams if they came up to a client and said, "WE didnt get #". But even when they catch very little, its a big deal.

Sometime we will do a place twice and only come up with a couple of EVPs. Other times there is alot going on. I know these TV shows are restricted to the ties of production, but still call it a renactment or something
Same here....Ghost Adventures is hilarious because Baggins thinks he is so smart but he's really a doofus LOL! I HATE taps....they are so commercial and I can't stand the way they try to act so superior!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm curious to know where you heard that comment if things haven't resolved themselve's for you in the end then it hasn't ended.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I once saw a gargoylesque-looking apparition while I was at work. Ask me more about it and I'll tell you.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
I once saw a gargoylesque-looking apparition while I was at work. Ask me more about it and I'll tell you.

OK.....I would love to hear about it!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

I would love to hear this story. Please share it with us. Some belive that such creatures are inter dimentionial, and even others think they are a natural thing called Elementals. Some say that Fairies, Gargoyles, are creatures that we could see at one time. And over time we have cut our selves off from seeing them. Others think they are Make Belive. Funny words Make Belive, maybe they are trying to make us belive again.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Just curious....have you ever heard of "Tulpas"?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have read books by Robert Monroe (of Hemi-sync binaural sounds fame) and Bruce Moen (Bruce has a nice online forum to participate in) where they speak of the afterlife as having different levels of experiences. They call them focus levels. You can learn to participate there. Basically people who believe they will find a heaven or hell, can and do. But sometimes people get stuck (they die and don't know they are dead, or they believe nothing happens after death and they are stuck in nothingness)and humans can help retrieve them and move on to other focus levels. The lower focus levels (number wise) are more focused on belief systems. You can find all kinds of existence and entities on these focus levels. It's also another way to speak about the after life which kinda reminds me of the Sant Mat (path of the saints) way of viewing the afterlife, that there are different levels or dimensions and the lower levels have more matter and the upper levels more spirit. You can find different souls living on the different planes of existence.

Sant Mat teaches a form of mediation so you can "die while living" and not get trapped in these levels after physical life. You learn about them and learn to not have fear. Sant Mat also teaches nonviolence, service to others, and basically a life of "clean living" so to speak so it is easier to meditate and access the levels.

Here's some interesting webpages about the Sant Mat planes (although technically the writer is an Eckankar initiate, which is just a modernized version of Sant Mat):

www.soundcurrentrider.com

From studying these different thoughts about the afterlife, a common thread runs through them: knowing yourself, clearing yourself of fear and hate, and learning to love. It sounds a bit hokey as many traditional religions teach the same thing, but maybe there is a common purpose, that it is hard to move on in the afterlife if you don't learn certain things here first.

I personally believe that humans have souls and that bodies, human or otherwise, are just a way for the soul to experience things. I have seen a ghost (with a friend....in the middle of the day....may have also been a shadow person, which I have also seen) and my hubby has heard voices of american indians in a house we lived in that was near a river that had a violent indian war. I truly believe there is more than what most people consider "reality." Fortunately, I don't tune into many things here involving ghosts and I don't get feelings about places like hubby does.

But before sleeping at night as I start to relax, I can hear voices and music it's almost like someone has the tv on in the other room. It's kinda funny. I have heard of other people having the same experience. I think when truly relaxed we are more able to tune into the other side.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I will, if this happens again...thanks.

You know I could actually write an article on this as I am a journalist in training.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marabella22
I'm curious to know where you heard that comment if things haven't resolved themselve's for you in the end then it hasn't ended.

To be honest I don't know, I think part of it was something I heard and I added to it. Kinda liked it so put it in my signature.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goobgirl

Thanks for the great post....interesting! I too, believe that our bodies are just vehicles for our souls, or spirits. When we are in the physical realm, we NEED bodies to function....when we "die" and go to the next realm, we do not need physical bodies anymore.....and that is all ghosts are....people who moved to the next realm and are in spirit form becase they have no need for a body there.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join